Gen 6 The "Are my Pokémon IVs and Nature good?" Thread

Hey guys!

Thundurus - #642 (Bold) : 31 / 5 / 31 / 31 / 29 / 30
Possible Hidden Power Types: Ice

Was aiming for HP Ice. Only real difference in VGC on lvl 50 is 1 stat point in Special Defense, while Atk that low is also good considering Swaggers and Foul Plays.

Keep or toss?

Is Jolly still a good nature to have for Rayquaza, or is Adamant the way to go?

I've just SR a Jolly (while trying to get Adamant) with 30-31/30-31/29/30-31/29/30-31

I'm thinking to ditch if the Speed IV isn't 31 though? I think Attack is neglible.

EDIT: It was 31/31/29/31/29/31 ... I should probably keep this

Last edited:
Timid Diancie with 28-29/31/13/31/28/31
Keep or toss?
31/12/30/31/31/31 Rash Diancie. Keep or toss? The Attack is a bit of a letdown, but better that than SAtk.
Toss for both of you.
Neither of those are bad actually. The rash one is worse, but It'd totally work for RP. I would def keep. JS. chester0334, why would you toss either of those? They aren't optimal for the standard AoA set, but timid worlks well for CM, and rash, like I said, is great for RP.

Neither of those are bad actually. The rash one is worse, but It'd totally work for RP. I would def keep. JS. chester0334, why would you toss either of those? They aren't optimal for the standard AoA set, but timid worlks well for CM, and rash, like I said, is great for RP.
The defense is to low for the Timid one and if your running rash you need the closest thing to flawless. Diamond storm won't do damage with an iv value of 13. With a defense value of 13 the timid one can't take physical hits.

Last edited:
The defense is to low for the Timid one and if your running rash you need the closest thing to flawless. Diamond storm won't do damage with an iv value of 13
Meh. It's honestly such a small difference in the grand scheme of things. It's obviously sub-optimal, but it's not actually as big of a deal as you'd think. Unless there are some specific crucial ohko's or 2hkos that those extra iv's avoid, the decrease in bulk isn't really that big. Diancie usually runs hasty anyways, so it's not that big of a deal really, and as for the rash one, if it's necessary, you can just give it some extra EVs from SpA/HP, since RP doesn't run max Spe anyways, and I don't think max SpA is actually necessary, it's just simple. If I'm wrong, by all means, let me know, but I actually don't think it's that big of a deal.

Not that it matters anyway, since I tossed it long ago. I've decided to go for 31/31/25+/31/25+/31 and any -Def or -SDef nature besides Lax and Gentle.

I really wish Synch worked on Mystery Gift Pokemon.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Why? No Diancie set wants a Def- nature and all SpD- natures are also bad except for maybe Naive which is almost entirely outclassed by Timid.

Why? No Diancie set wants a Def- nature and all SpD- natures are also bad except for maybe Naive which is almost entirely outclassed by Timid.
Maybe things are different in ubers, but in OU at least, it almost always runs hasty, since it's already pretty frail, and it really doesn't want to compromise power at all. However, I have just recently begun even trying out ubers at all, so I don't know the specifics of the meta.

Zygarde
Impish
31/27/31/x/31/22

Out of 15 soft resets with my Impish Synchronizer this is the best so far. That speed though...

I need 122 speed at level 50 to outpace Adamant Bisharp. Thats taken directly from the Zygarde guide for the Paraphazer set. In order to get that I'll need to invest 92 speed EVS which will leave me with only 166 EVS to put in HP (instead of 200 as guide states). The difference of HP at level 50 will only be 4 less with the 166 EVS. This wont really make a difference will it?

Then there is the attack stat. I doubt Zygarde will be OHKOING anything even with 31 attack IVS, since there are no attack EVS in this set, so 4-5 less IVS is okay right?

Edit: after some calculations I found out that I only need to put 88 EVS in speed to get the desired 122. With 252 in defense that leaves 170 EVS. 166 in HP gets me to 204HP@level50 (4 short of desired 208). The extra 4 EVS dont contribute to the HP so if I put them in attack that gives me an extra point at level 50, making it an effective attack IV of 29. So overall at level 50 my Zygarde is 4 short of HP and 1 short of attack.

If you're thinking at how 15 soft resets is hardly any at all compared to what other people have to go through, its because I catch all my Pokemon in only regular Pokeballs. Its a kind of OCD thing. I need all my Pokemon to be in the same type of ball and the good old red and white Pokeball to me is what a Pokeball should be. Which means I'm not too keen on event Pokemon since they're in a special ball by default (Diancie eg). So it takes ages to catch Zygarde even with sleep and capture power 3 compared to most people who use ultra balls.

Ok, guess I answered my own question. Zygarde is good to go!

Last edited:
Alright so how about this Timid Latios?

3/-23/31/31/29/+31

The HP stat is bad but it's defenses are decent at least so I'm a bit torn up about this one.

Alright so how about this Timid Latios?

3/-23/31/31/29/+31

The HP stat is bad but it's defenses are decent at least so I'm a bit torn up about this one.
Toss. BTW, pro tip, only check the ones with perfect HP since it's the first stat you see. Use a one speed under mon as well.

Naive 30/31/14/31/25/31 Diancie. Keep or toss? Normally this would be an easy toss, but since Synchronize doesn't work on Mystery Gift mons and Naive is literally the best nature for Mega Diancie, I'm a little unsure.

Naive 30/31/14/31/25/31 Diancie. Keep or toss? Normally this would be an easy toss, but since Synchronize doesn't work on Mystery Gift mons and Naive is literally the best nature for Mega Diancie, I'm a little unsure.
Diancie is frail enough, imo,that it isn't really that big of a difference. It's more of a hit and run attacker, due to its horrible defensive typing, so while the bulk would be nice, I would keep it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)