The art of the Stratagem [RMT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blame that cartoon Skunk Fu for the title. I finally got around to making a team around the newest CAP Pokemon to test it's worth. Personally, Levitate give the floating rubble a bit more switch-in ability in combat then Tech but that's my opinion. Anyway, let's get on with team line-up.

Tyrantiar (F) @Choice Band
Ability: SandStream
EVs: 180/252/0/0/0/76
Nature: Adamant
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail

The Lead, nothing to complex about that generaly speaking. This monster helps keep Pokemon like Rotom and Zapdos in line as well as conveniently dealing with another T-tar and Blissey. She also provides some much need Sandstorm support for Stratagem.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Light Clay
EVs: 252/152/8/0/96/0
Nature: Relaxed
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake

Double Screen Bronzong, someone no one would expect. Really wanted to try moveset out in better. With like gazillion resistances, it can switch in onto almost anything without fail. Come in, set up a screen (mostly Light Screen), and if possible do some damage to would be switch-ins. A Gem or Revvy behind a light screen is a bitch to stop if one relies on special attacks.

Stratagem @ Choice Spec
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6/0/0/252/0/252
Nature: Timid
- Earth Power
- Energy Ball
- Paleo Wave
- Flamethrower

SpecGem, fast sweeper and great revenge killer. 394 speed plus 508 special attack is not laughing matter as this baby can revenge kill a whole shitload of things. Levitate gains it some immunity for switch-ins though admittedly it's not much. I would use Weather Ball in place of Paleo Wave for higher base power but I'm too paranoid about random Rain Dancer/Abomasnow leads mucking it up.

Revenankh (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252/0/120/0/136/0
Nature: Careful
- Bulk Up
- Hammer Arm
- Shadow Sneak
- Rest

Good ol' BU Revenankh, a terror towards unprepared teams. Rev takes on Status, Strata, Blissey, and other general issues that this team has an issue with. Not much else to say about him since you should probably know his role within a team.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252/0/220/0/0/36
Nature: Bold
- Thunderbolt
- HP Grass
- Roost
- Heat Wave

I consider this bird my main bulky water/ground stopper well as being a pseudo Scizor counter. Wouldn't have thought about using Zapdos in my team but the metagame calls for it's present.

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252/0/120/40/96/0
Nature: Bold
- Thunder Bolt or Discharge
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

Scizor was cramping my style so I'm using P-2 now. This little virtual duck makes an excellent alternative for stopping trouble Pokemon like Gyarados and Salamence.Not sure on if I should use Discharge over TB atm as it sacfices a bit of power for the cost of freeing up a moveslot for other support move.

Well forgive if I'm rather inexperienced when it comes to RMT but I gotta start somewhere :-)

It looks pretty solid and I like Thunder Wave on Celebi alot but DDMence could be a tough one to take down since your team has no Ice moves.

Take out Scizor for Pory2 if you like but I'd be wary of losing the Dragon resist and the priority attack. Pory's good for Tracing Intimidate but I don't think it can take an unboosted Outrage.

I guess you could use Syclant to keep the Bug STAB with which to threaten Celebi and go physical with Ice Shard to beat DDMence but doesn't solve your Gyarados issue.

Add me when I come back.

It looks pretty solid and I like Thunder Wave on Celebi alot but DDMence could be a tough one to take down since your team has no Ice moves.
I recently replaced Celebi with a double screen Bronzong to see if it's the better choice for my team. If it doesn't work out, Celebi makes a return trip.

Take out Scizor for Pory2 if you like but I'd be wary of losing the Dragon resist and the priority attack.
Like I said eariler, I replaced my grass fairy for an iron bell so I still have my Dragon resist and a priority user in Revvy so all hope isn't lost. Admittly Scizor can 2HKO

Pory's good for Tracing Intimidate but I don't think it can take an unboosted Outrage.
If I automatically switch P-2 in as Salamence use DD, it can take a stab Outrage with little problem minus crit hax of course.

232 Naughty LO Salamence Outrage on 252/120 Bold P-2: 66.58% - 78.61%

If he just Outrage off the bat: 44.39% - 52.41%

In both case, P-2 can survive the hits to Ice Beam the dragon back to the dark ages.

I guess you could use Syclant to keep the Bug STAB with which to threaten Celebi and go physical with Ice Shard to beat DDMence but doesn't solve your Gyarados issue.
Phyiscal ant with SD/Ice Shard/X-scissor/Ice Punch or Rock Slide would probably do my team some good but I haven't been able to use Syclant properly nor liked the creature.

I really like your team. I'd keep the zong -- but I'm pretty sure brick break will come back into popularity since screens are becoming re-realized.

It's nice to see a team without an omni-present boltbeam weakness, too.

Imatition is the best form of flattering I know and beside is looking almost like another team a bad thing? If so then I'll modify it to become less similar beside. I already took out Scizor and Celebi for Bronzong and P-2 and I would have removed Zapdos but they're no another bulky electric type with no ground weak :c

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Imatition is the best form of flattering I know and beside is looking almost like another team a bad thing? If so then I'll modify it to become less similar beside. I already took out Scizor and Celebi for Bronzong and P-2 and I would have removed Zapdos but they're no another bulky electric type with no ground weak :c
Well not yet that is... lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)