• Yes

Votes: 121 47.5%
  • No

Votes: 134 52.5%

• Total voters

njnp

We don't play this game to lose.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Facing scarf rotom's and shit calling out my opponets telling them they ain't fit

Wanting them to go work out their problems they driving me mental people around be telling me stop being a try hard and go gentle

All players on the ladder dodging these pumps bout to become irrelevant as the black eye peas with their humps

I got bigger things to worry about then mons like catching the mumps and making sure I take the time out to not vote for trump

BP has to go im sick of it hoping this rmt helps the ban become easier like a base hit.

Intro

Hi, I'm NJNP and this a joint rmt with my fren and running meme Ricardo

Hi, I'm NJNP and this a joint RMT with my fren, and running meme, Ricardo.

We are making these RMT Chronicles to give us something to do while we wait out our 6 month ban. These RMTs will all hit at least Top 10 on the ladder. Hopefully people use these RMTs on the ladder, because our goal is to give consistent high quality teams for players to ladder with. Our first RMT though, as you can see, both entails and promotes cancer. Our goal is similar to ABR's Goth Stall reign, hoping to result in the ban of what we are promoting (ABR's Goth stall helped in the process of removing shadow tag). This RMT goal is to help in the process of removing the move baton pass from the meta. Pomman has been invoking the ban of bp in this thread http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/baton-pass-yes-again.3573973/. He wanted me to be wild and pull a WQ and use BP in finals but I
1. Wasn't crazy and
2. Had no idea on how to make baton pass work in this meta at the time.
Faced a similar team on ladder and decided to make a version that was better and fit my play style better.
Hopefully you will abuse this team so we can aid in the result of banning BP for good.

Alright, let's get into the team!

Alright, Let's get into the team!

THE TEAM IN-DEPTH

@ Lansat Berry
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Protect
- Substitute
- Megahorn

Overview
The goal is to sub down to the point where you can activate your Lansat Berry and pass to either of your main abusers(Mega Hera or Kingdra). Usually you will lead with this monster unless you predict your opponent to lead with mons that can prevent the pass. These include: Mega Hera, Mega Zam, Pinsir. You would usually lead lando-t vs those threats to prevent them from sweeping you from the start. Obviously, you don't always try just lead with Scolipede, pass some boosts and win. The general idea is to break with Heatran or Lando, paving the way for Mega Hera or Kingdra to clean late game. The first 3 moves are self-explanatory, the 4th move is to prevent being completely shut down by taunt, and also to hit some relevant threats (e.g lead azelf).

@ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam

Overview

This mon right here is what makes this strategy broken! When it gets the focus energy boost there’s literally nothing stopping it on most teams. The only true counter to this mon is Chansey/Blissey, and teams that carry those generally just lose to Espeon/Heracross. I can simply say this really is the scariest mon to face when it gets it boosts, other then Mega Medicham. Your goal with using this is to accept the boosts from Scolipede and proceed to victory.

@ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 240 HP / 116 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast

Overview
This mon has very few counters and is a joy to use when there isn't a Talonflame on the opposing side. Heracross generally is the main sweeper because it can take advantage of the boosting berry to crit one of its many 5 hit moves. The max hp is to live a Latios psyshock from full, and the speed is for normal Rotom-w/Lando to outspeed them and connect for nice damage. Mega Heracross is generally a pain the ass, giving it speed definitely does not help the matter.

@ Leftovers

Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Stored Power
- Morning Sun

Overview
This mon was added with the intent of not losing to stall at all, and is option 3 of potentially 4 sweepers. The combo of Heracross and Espeon makes it nearly impossible for general stall builds to beat this team. It has max defense to take on Mega Sableye’s foul play or knock off much better and even bulky t-flames brave birds. When it gets its speed and Calm Mind boosts just hit x because, unless you crit, it’s very unlikely you'll break it. Furthermore, this is used to prevent roar/whirlwind from preventing the abuse of this strategy and the bulk investment provided makes it a decently sturdy sweeper.

@ Power Herb

Ability: Flash Fire
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power

Overview

This team required a rocker and a Pokemon that could pressure Skarm out that wasn't Espeon. So, Heatran hit this role beautifully. This mon rarely sweeps but with its power herb it actually can do some breaking and remove threats like Rotom/Keldeo and aid a potential Lando-T sweep. The modest nature is to grant the guaranteed OHKO on Rotom-W after rocks and take out mons like Slowbro/Starmie as well. Heatran is a great mon in general and as blunderr loves to say "if my team doesn't have a Lando-T, Heatran or Keldeo I’m not using it."

@ Leftovers

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Stone Edge

Overview
This mon does a great job of lessening the opponent’s attack with intimidate, and is potentially a great sweeper if they lack a rotom. But if they do, just dodge those pumps [: It can set up on an opposing Lando-T and pressure out mons such as Torn-T and Mega Zam, as they’re easily OHKOd. Lando-T also provides the important electric immunity, preventing your opponent from just clicking T-bolt vs you. Landorus-T is a fantastic pivot, allowing you to play 50-50s, hopefully getting you back on track to allow Scolipede to aid a sweep.

A WORD FROM POMMAN TO CAP THIS RMT

BP Has been broken at least a dozen times, in every generation since adv
All attempts to nerf it are exclusive to BP, nothing else has been broken this often with this much ability to adapt and be broken again
And keeping something broken in the metagame should not be what we try and do with our tiering policy.

Hope You Guys Enjoyed Reading This RMT! Replays,Import, and Disclaimer Are Below :mad:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-384591716 VS Stall
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-384594457 Lando-T Sweep
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-384652883 Kingdra Sweep

Scolipede @ Lansat Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Protect
- Substitute
- Megahorn

Kingdra @ Scope Lens
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 240 HP / 116 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast

Espeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Stored Power
- Morning Sun

Heatran @ Power Herb
Ability: Flash Fire
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Stone Edge

Disclaimer

This team is based off of lansat berry bp abuse and their are many different versions of this team. Some wacky and some fun this is my version and too help in the result of bp leaving I made this rmt to help my fren pomman with his efforts.

PROOF OF PEAK I AM WU-TANG FLOW
http://puu.sh/pnPRY/fb35d4e8f2.png

Last edited:
Well, its not necessarily difficult to counter - a phazer and a Stealth Rock user will easily prevent Speed boosts.

That said, you pretty much NEED a phazer or some form of SE priority (e.g. Talonflame) to even have a chance of beating this team lest you get 6-0'd (which constricts teambuilding), so this is potential suspect test material if it gets out of hand. I do think this team is cancer, so what you're doing isn't 100% misguided, per se, I guess.

Anyways, this is HO, and Scolipede is a huge momentum drain - albeit one that rewards you.

Onto the "rate."

Getting Taunted or Perish Songed will really put a damper on your parade, so to stop them, I recommend you put Taunt on Heatran. Its not needed, but it can help prevent Perish Song or Taunt.

Thats all. Otherwise its kinda annoying to fight. I cant think of mons to swap out because who would replace them?

No. Just no. BP is a good move and not broken outside of these aids teams, why would u ever want to ban the move itself like PO did, come on.

But since I comment here, I have to do some rating:
This team is kinda broken, I dont see any big threat except like uncommon Unaware CM Clef or like banded Kyuem-Black. Yet, SR is def annoying to this team like Spoons said above. Scope Lens Kingdra + BP Scolipede is a really nice combo btw.

Try to a scope lens on it
+2 0 SpA Espeon Stored Power (140 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey on a critical hit: 289-342 (45 - 53.2%) -- 32.4

Hey njnp!

I laddered with this team for a bit, and was pretty successful. After 2-3 matchups, I figured out how to play the team well, and it was smooth sailing from there.
My lone issue is with Heatran. To me, it seems like it is only useful versus skarm, and fails to put in work in most battles. Plus, this is the famous "hard-walled by Lati@s set."
I would recommend changing it to something else. I am currently testing Volcanion and Mixed Tyranitar. I have found issues with each (the latter sets up sand that makes Espeon's life harder, Volcanion doesnt help v voltturn)
What do you think?

njnp

We don't play this game to lose.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Hey njnp!

I laddered with this team for a bit, and was pretty successful. After 2-3 matchups, I figured out how to play the team well, and it was smooth sailing from there.
My lone issue is with Heatran. To me, it seems like it is only useful versus skarm, and fails to put in work in most battles. Plus, this is the famous "hard-walled by Lati@s set."
I would recommend changing it to something else. I am currently testing Volcanion and Mixed Tyranitar. I have found issues with each (the latter sets up sand that makes Espeon's life harder, Volcanion doesnt help v voltturn)
What do you think?
Well, heatran is intended as a lure for rotom to help out rotom-w and set up rocks soo idk. Try changing a few more mons around to get a different combo of abusers just make sure kingdra is on the team cause its the star of the show

I have a similar team myself that I dick around with occasionally. I found I liked Defensive Scolipede more and an alternative moveset on my Kingdra.

Scolipede @ Lansat Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 228 Def / 44 Spe
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- Poison Jab

Might be a better set, since you eat attacks better. Offensive SD Talon's BB doesn't kill, and non-CB Azu's Jet doesn't break the sub. You are pretty much guaranteed a speed boost with protect so I thought speed wasn't important. I ran poison jab for my specific set to mainly weaken Clef + Azu since both BP recipients Hera and Kingdra cannot kill when healthy. This spread allows you to outspeed Manectric after a protect. You're a bit MZam weak though, so I would probably add some more speed

Kingdra @ Scope Lens
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Energy

This set could be better for this team. Your Kingdra is super reliant on Scolipede getting a successful Lansat pass off. My Kingdra can use only the Sub and Speed to set up Focus Energy itself. Plus, if Kingdra fails to sweep, your primary win condition of passing with Scolipede can be reused for Espeon/Hera since you didn't have to sub its hp all the way to 25%. It's 3 attacking moves hits pretty much everything except Azu. The only downside to this is that it has to rely on hitting inaccurate moves. In your replay, you could safely Scald/Ice Beam mons that will die anyway while I cannot.

Great team and hope I helped a little!

Last edited:
This team is really fun. My only comment would be to change either hydropump or scald to waterfall to have some coverage against blissey/chansey/protect wallers. Otherwise, what a blast.

I have a similar team myself that I dick around with occasionally. I found I liked Defensive Scolipede more and an alternative moveset on my Kingdra.

Scolipede @ Lansat Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 228 Def / 44 Spe
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- Poison Jab

Might be a better set, since you eat attacks better. Offensive SD Talon's BB doesn't kill, and non-CB Azu's Jet doesn't break the sub. You are pretty much guaranteed a speed boost with protect so I thought speed wasn't important. I ran poison jab for my specific set to mainly weaken Clef + Azu since both BP recipients Hera and Kingdra cannot kill when healthy. This spread allows you to outspeed Manectric after a protect. You're a bit MZam weak though, so I would probably add some more speed

Kingdra @ Scope Lens
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Energy

This set could be better for this team. Your Kingdra is super reliant on Scolipede getting a successful Lansat pass off. My Kingdra can use only the Sub and Speed to set up Focus Energy itself. Plus, if Kingdra fails to sweep, your primary win condition of passing with Scolipede can be reused for Espeon/Hera since you didn't have to sub its hp all the way to 25%. It's 3 attacking moves hits pretty much everything except Azu. The only downside to this is that it has to rely on hitting inaccurate moves. In your replay, you could safely Scald/Ice Beam mons that will die anyway while I cannot.

Great team and hope I helped a little!
pin missile is also another option for sash mons. also ice beam allows you to hit mega altaria, not too relevant, but eh.
This team is really fun. My only comment would be to change either hydropump or scald to waterfall to have some coverage against blissey/chansey/protect wallers. Otherwise, what a blast.
0 Atk Kingdra Waterfall vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Blissey on a critical hit: 225-265 (34.5 - 40.6%) -- 53.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Kingdra Waterfall vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Blissey on a critical hit: 313-370 (48 - 56.7%) -- 35.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 Atk Kingdra Waterfall vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey on a critical hit: 165-195 (25.7 - 30.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

252+ Atk Kingdra Waterfall vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey on a critical hit: 229-271 (35.6 - 42.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

not really worth it.

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey, I've been using the team quite a bit and it's been pretty fun. Ice Beam on Kingdra seems to be there just for mega altaria and so you don't have to risk draco in some cases. I'd like to suggest Hidden Power Poison over Ice Beam, as it allows you to take on non-AV Azumarill after rocks, and still ohkos offensive mega altaria after rocks. From the July usage stats weighted to top ladder, Azumarill had 9.18% usage while Mega Altaria had only 2.4% usage, and 85% of Azumarills weren't AV. This change should help you full sweep more frequently.

252+ SpA Sniper Kingdra Hidden Power Poison vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill on a critical hit: 315-372 (82 - 96.8%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Sniper Kingdra Hidden Power Poison vs. 92 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill on a critical hit: 315-372 (86.5 - 102.1%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Sniper Kingdra Hidden Power Poison vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Altaria on a critical hit: 252-297 (86.5 - 102%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (Guaranteed OHKO if Stealth Rock damage taken pre-mega)

Kingdra @ Scope Lens
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Poison]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)