The Barebones Tournament - Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Barebones Pokémon Tournament

hosted by Alan co-hosted by Jumpluff and hanke (don't bother them)

Welcome one and all to the first (hopefully!) annual Barebones Pokémon Tournament. I am sure many of you have played in tournaments all across Smogon. This is no ordinary Pokémon tournament, however. There are special rules in place that each and every one of you must abide by in order to advance to the next round. These rules are meant to make the feat of winning a battle more challenging and hopefully, more fun! The afformentioned rules are:

• No items may be used on any Pokémon.
  • No EVs may be given to any Pokémon.
  • Each Pokémon must have a NEUTRAL nature. This means your Pokémon may only run Serious, Docile, Bashful, Quirky or Hardy natures.
Other than that, ANYTHING goes, barring the clauses below are followed. Good luck to all of you and lets see who can be the strongest trainer!
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Uber Clause: Pokemon that are in the Ubers Tier are not allowed to be used. List can be found here.
  • This tournament will be using 5th (fifth) Gen Pokémon
Aiming to get 64 players, but the more the merrier!

Without further ado, the challengers are:

1. Hantsuki
2. Toaster
3. Franky
4. KnightoftheWind
5. bharmalm

P.S. - If I don't add your guys' names in immediately, its because I'm busy studying for finals.

P.P.S. - Sorry this took forever to post worms. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)