The Battle of Hueco Mundo [OU Warstory]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Thank you so much, this might be the break into a new era of great warstories. Unlike the crappy ones weve had lately. Oh man this suspense makes me want to make a good warstory too
Props to you for the first Flygon sweep Ive ever seen
Props to your opponent for amazingly accurate prediction
Aghh, you never get these sort of battles, at the side of CRE Im on :(
Haha, thanks for the compliments man, I appreciate it a lot. Also, don't worry, I'm not that high on the ladder either, I'm at less than 1400 CRE (I don't ladder much, I probably should lol) and I still get battles like this every once in a while.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Nice battle, your opponent was a very good sport! If it were me you'd never find out what my last pokemon was...until it was too late! Muahahahahahah!

Teams: Pretty basic teams. 1/2.5
Formatting: Got a little more colorful with the dual narration. I see the simplicity now. .6/1.5
Battle: Fairly interesting. Great late game sweep. 3.4/3.5
Comments: Pretty decent. Lacked humor, though. 2.1/2.5
7.1/10

Cool! I liked this warstory a lot. It reminded me of a battle I was in when it was 1-5 and I was losing, but then I ended up winning with Suicune due to the opponent making A LOT of mistakes.

Anyway, I never made a warstory before but now you just made me feel that I should really make one. Soon. Also, I need that Flygon on my team ;)

But seriously, it was a great read. 9/10 :)

This is the kind of warstory I really love. Hypervortex completely outplayed you during the first 2/3 of the game, but you really made a great deductive process in the endgame, and you took the whole match as a result. Really reminded me of my Turn XIII warstory.

On a completely different not, props for being a Bleach fan xD

Good warstory, the battle could've been better, perhaps, but big props for picking up your opponent's weakness and pitching in for the sweep.

gg =)

kokoloko

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Nice battle, your opponent was a very good sport! If it were me you'd never find out what my last pokemon was...until it was too late! Muahahahahahah!
Thanks for the compliment. =)

Teams: Not very special. 1/2.5
Formatting: Meh. .2/2.5
Battle: Fairly interesting. Great late game sweep. 2.3/2.5
Comments: Pretty decent. Lacked humor, though. 1.8/2.5
5.3/10
Cool story, bro. Wanna tell it again? This time though, guide me through the marvelous process by which you deciphered how to transform an opinion into a number. Pretty please? With sugar on top? =)

Cool! I liked this warstory a lot. It reminded me of a battle I was in when it was 1-5 and I was losing, but then I ended up winning with Suicune due to the opponent making A LOT of mistakes.

Anyway, I never made a warstory before but now you just made me feel that I should really make one. Soon. Also, I need that Flygon on my team ;)

But seriously, it was a great read. 9/10 :)
If you do write one, make sure its a good battle though, don't just write one for the sake of writing one! Thanks for the compliments =)

This is the kind of warstory I really love. Hypervortex completely outplayed you during the first 2/3 of the game, but you really made a great deductive process in the endgame, and you took the whole match as a result. Really reminded me of my Turn XIII warstory.

On a completely different not, props for being a Bleach fan xD
Thanks a lot man, I appreciate the compliment. I read your warstory too, and I really enjoyed it (I think I commented it). Also, fuck yeah Bleach is awesome, especially after what happened in the last manga :0!

Good warstory, the battle could've been better, perhaps, but big props for picking up your opponent's weakness and pitching in for the sweep.

gg =)
Thanks for the compliment, man.

I rather liked this story, as much as I detest facing a Scarfgon. It really does embody the moral of "Don't Give Up!" in a battle, since you were able to use your disadvantage against him, allowing a Scarf Earthquake sweep.

I would rate this a 8/10. Fairly good read, rather entertaining. It seemed you made some fairly big mispredictions at the cost of Vaporeon and Lucario, but I could see the logic behind the Crunch.

This is one of the best warstories I've read in a while. Nice commentary, mostly good predictions, and interesting teams. You didn't just get bored one day and pick some random battle.
Kudos!
9/10

kokoloko

I rather liked this story, as much as I detest facing a Scarfgon. It really does embody the moral of "Don't Give Up!" in a battle, since you were able to use your disadvantage against him, allowing a Scarf Earthquake sweep.

I would rate this a 8/10. Fairly good read, rather entertaining. It seemed you made some fairly big mispredictions at the cost of Vaporeon and Lucario, but I could see the logic behind the Crunch.
With Vaporeon, I simply didn't bother thinking through my move, I should have seen that HP Electric coming from a mile away. With Lucario, well said you saw the login behind that play so I don't need to explain it again.

Thanks for the compliments, man.

This is one of the best warstories I've read in a while. Nice commentary, mostly good predictions, and interesting teams. You didn't just get bored one day and pick some random battle.
Kudos!
9/10
Thanks for the compliments, I appreciate it a lot.

This was a pretty good read; good job! The commentary was good, the game was mostly one-sided, but you managed to turn back. I think you still would have won if he did not reveal his Lucario, because he had Heatran, so were basically forced to use Earthquake to have a chance to win. 4.5/5!

Cool story, bro. Wanna tell it again? This time though, guide me through the marvelous process by which you deciphered how to transform an opinion into a number. Pretty please? With sugar on top? =)
Lol, that's called a rating. Sorry it's so low. The formatting just ruined it for me. It was a little too bland. I'm not saying it was a bad warstory or anything, the battle was by incredibly interesting, and one of the best I've seen, but the formatting, blech. I just rate like a douchebag.

kokoloko

This was a pretty good read; good job! The commentary was good, the game was mostly one-sided, but you managed to turn back. I think you still would have won if he did not reveal his Lucario, because he had Heatran, so were basically forced to use Earthquake to have a chance to win. 4.5/5!
Thanks for the compliments, I appreciate it.

The formatting was really good and easy to read great warstory 4/5
Thank you very much.

NOTE: I have finally received hypervortex's side of the commentary, and edited it into the OP. Therefore, it is now a dual-narration warstory!

Shit, the best 4x Rock resist in the game, and the only one?

steelix

nice warstory, the best I've read in a while

meh

hypervortex could have won no problem had he just switched shaymin out of heatran. he knew that all you had left was scarfgon and heatran, so the best move is clearly to switch to heatran to take a fire blast or even an earth power or whatever, and just to sac it to heatran, then get lucario in and throw a cc. flygon either comes in and dies and lucario finishes the job, or heatran dies, lucario gets revenge killed, then shaymin is at full health to take the eq and ohko back, no problem. when you are up 4-2 and you have like 3 ways to ohko the other guys, there really is no excuse to lose. =/

aside from that gross missplay after a stellar game on his part, I thought this warstory was pretty damn great.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Great game. Except, I think Hypervortex's comments were a bit lacking in detail. They revealed his state of mind but I felt that it didn't reveal it enough. Well written.

8.5/10

kokoloko

Incredibly good warstory one of the first ive read i really hope you do another great show and good comeback =D
Thanks for the compliments =)

meh

hypervortex could have won no problem had he just switched shaymin out of heatran. he knew that all you had left was scarfgon and heatran, so the best move is clearly to switch to heatran to take a fire blast or even an earth power or whatever, and just to sac it to heatran, then get lucario in and throw a cc. flygon either comes in and dies and lucario finishes the job, or heatran dies, lucario gets revenge killed, then shaymin is at full health to take the eq and ohko back, no problem. when you are up 4-2 and you have like 3 ways to ohko the other guys, there really is no excuse to lose. =/

aside from that gross missplay after a stellar game on his part, I thought this warstory was pretty damn great.
Yeah, but think of it this way, if he hadn't misplayed, the battle would've sucked too much to make a warstory out of it, lol. Anyway, thanks for the compliment.

Great game. Except, I think Hypervortex's comments were a bit lacking in detail. They revealed his state of mind but I felt that it didn't reveal it enough. Well written.

8.5/10
Thanks for the compliment.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
meh

The bulls-eye prediction by hypervortex's Heatran & Suicune (no wonder he made it to #19 on ladder) combined with the complete upset by a freakin Adamant ScarfGon is what really made this battle an interesting read. Some posters have faulted you for the untimely knock outs of the first half of your team, but that's 20/20 hindsight imo (although switching Azelf into a Sub Heatran was quite ballsy!). Like Stathakis has mentioned, hypervortex misplayed in the end that granted you the chance of victory, but the fact that you had a good plan D after all that had went wrong (not having SR and esp. losing your Lucario so early) and ended up winning was awesome.

My only nitpick - Heatran (behind sub) vs Vaporeon. I would have Wished first to ensure that Vaporeon would regain whatever damage it took right after it phazed Heatran. Ultimately, it is a trivial difference, because Vaporeon would have most certainly be 2HKOed by Suicune anyways.

I guess I also liked your warstory, because I can relate to that same cornered situation that you were in; it seems so hopeless after losing my key players by surprise :[ Thus, I felt good when you pulled a win by keeping a cool head throughout the game.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I cannot give this warstory any higher than a 3/10 knowing a Flygon sweep was involved.

The bulls-eye prediction by hypervortex's Heatran & Suicune (no wonder he made it to #19 on ladder) combined with the complete upset by a freakin Adamant ScarfGon is what really made this battle an interesting read. Some posters have faulted you for the untimely knock outs of the first half of your team, but that's 20/20 hindsight imo (although switching Azelf into a Sub Heatran was quite ballsy!). Like Stathakis has mentioned, hypervortex misplayed in the end that granted you the chance of victory, but the fact that you had a good plan D after all that had went wrong (not having SR and esp. losing your Lucario so early) and ended up winning was awesome.
bingo

Awesome warstory, I love that double commentary. XD Quite amusing. And god, I will never ever underestimate a Flygon ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)