The Battle Spot Ladder Challenge!

Ah, if only Showdown would hurry up and implement Rotation.

Ah, well. I'm trying to learn VGC anyway.

Username: BSL WT
Format: XY Battle Spot Triples, XY Battle Spot Doubles, XY Battle Spot Singles

Has there been any thought to doing this for PGL rankings instead/in addition to?

Last edited:

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Has there been any thought to doing this for PGL rankings instead/in addition to?
Can't top ladder cuz Japan It'd be very difficult to keep track of everyone's scores. Not only that but you can't really "create a fresh alt" on the PGL ladder because it goes by your console. And I'm not gonna demand people to buy new games/carts just to participate in a challenge, lol. Cause if the person signing up already has a really good score, they could just post that screenshot and sit comfy not having to have done much. Course it could technically also be done at the start of a season, but still...Much easier to manage things by using PS instead.

Can't top ladder cuz Japan It'd be very difficult to keep track of everyone's scores. Not only that but you can't really "create a fresh alt" on the PGL ladder because it goes by your console. And I'm not gonna demand people to buy new games/carts just to participate in a challenge, lol. Cause if the person signing up already has a really good score, they could just post that screenshot and sit comfy not having to have done much. Course it could technically also be done at the start of a season, but still...Much easier to manage things by using PS instead.
Fair enough.

Also, that would be implying that everyone already has a console.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Also, that would be implying that everyone already has a console.
I've been experimenting a bit on sim battle spot doubles (want to tweak the team a bit more on cart before I return here to ladder), and if you've ever played on-cart battle spot, you'll know that the two really don't compare. On cart battle spot is definitely a more challenging environment than on sim.

EDIT: So, if you or whoever is serious about wanting to play battle spot, I'd suggest getting the game and trying it out there too. :)

Last edited:
I've been experimenting a bit on sim battle spot doubles (want to tweak the team a bit more on cart before I return here to ladder), and if you've ever played on-cart battle spot, you'll know that the two really don't compare. On cart battle spot is definitely a more challenging environment than on sim.

EDIT: So, if you or whoever is serious about wanting to play battle spot, I'd suggest getting the game and trying it out there too. :)
I have a cart lol. Either way, I think the main difference on sim and cart is that you don't really know what to expect on cart. Therefore, you can't really be prepared. Sim is pretty simple since each of the ladder sections have their staples and playstyles.

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Zodiax Danish555 Brandon13569 I hope you guys haven't laddered too much by this point, and I really should have addressed this sooner...I strongly recommend you add the "BSL" part to your usernames for this challenge. If I didn't make it seem like it before, I think I'm going to make it mandatory by this point, because it makes it much easier to keep track of who's participating in this challenge when the time comes to check the ladder for the best-ranked players

Zodiax

not this
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
Zodiax Danish555 Brandon13569 I hope you guys haven't laddered too much by this point, and I really should have addressed this sooner...I strongly recommend you add the "BSL" part to your usernames for this challenge. If I didn't make it seem like it before, I think I'm going to make it mandatory by this point, because it makes it much easier to keep track of who's participating in this challenge when the time comes to check the ladder for the best-ranked players
Im such an idiot. My bad I've been laddering on Zodiax (luckily enough my team was doing terrible so its a good thing....kinda) but yeah I will add that to my laddering alt.

Kortex

Banned deucer.
Name: BSL Kortex, Kortex BSL
XY Battle Spot Doubles, XY Battle Spot Triples

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)