The Battle Tower Tourney [Signups]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
O, just out of curiosity...

What tier list are you using for this?

If you really want to follow BT rules you would use that one, allowing Lati@s without Soul Dew and Garchomp and not allowing the faeries.

Clarification? Or just inform me if you have already clarified.

In, though im wondering on the list of banned Pokemon. Obvious ubers should be banned, Lati@s, Wobb, Garchomp are questionable.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well... I'll actually give you guys a vote on the tier lists. Since Smogon has banned Garchomp and Lati@s from OU, I didn't know how well it would be received to put them back in a tournament with other true OUs.

I'll ask Sonius to put up a poll on whether or not we should stick to the the Real Battle Tower List or Smogon's OU tier list. Then those that are in the tournament can vote on it.

Also some other things I'm going to clarify that have come up and rule changes I've made.
Q: The Shedinja rule
A: The entire point is so that we can get a true 3v3 on Shoddy. I originally had it so that you had Caterpies, but after discussing it with AR and Shiki they convinced me to change it based on the fact that players might want to use Roar/Whirlwind. If you have Pokemon at the end, the odds of picking a Caterpie to come out are high. Honestly, I didn't think it was a big deal but just to avoid any problems we created the Shedinjas rule.

Q: Sheer Cold + Mind Reader Rule
A: I realize that this goes against the Battle Tower rules, but honesty this could be abused to no end and I really wasn't in the mood to see it happen.

Q: Item Clause Rule
A: I forgot that since all the Shedinja need Sticky Barb, Item clause will need to be turned off, however that doesn't mean that your real OU pokes can have identical items.

Q: Are platinum things allowed?
A: Yes
Q: Do we send 6 Pokemon to you before the first round goes up?
A: No, I'll ultimately be seeing the logs so I can tell what Pokemon you used.
Q: Are we allowed to change our 6 Pokemon between rounds if it before the next round starts?
A: Yes, you are more than welcome to change your 6 Pokemon in between a new Round of the Tournament

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I say since this is obviously a tournament based on the principles of the BT, that you forget about the poll and just let us use the BT's tier list =)

I mean, this is titled "Battle Tower Tourney" after all!

Some guy tried to be pedantic with me and say "your opponent never switches so if they allow switching it won't be BT" to which I say "fuck you." You can base it as much as you can practically speaking.

Using the BT tiers would be interesting and honestly do not stretch anything at all.

Another point this guy brought up was that you can't change your lead Pokemon. I think since you guys are using the whole "you can swap" thing that this part has to be ignored, but just throwing it out there that a "true" BT tourny with you HAVING to use all three pokemon as they are would have been VERY interesting =)

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TBH I didn't forget about the tier lists. I (personally) actually wanted to see some variety other than Garchomp/Lati@s/Wobb on every single team. It seems that people maybe do want the Tier system so I'm totally open to having a poll for it.

I also didn't get your last paragraph. Unless you are talking about that you can change your lead in a sense, no matter what you bring out after you kill off the Shedinja is your lead Pokemon (I think that was the question/point you were making?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)