1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

The Best of C&C

Discussion in 'Past Generation Contributions' started by Caelum, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Caelum

Caelum qibz official stalker
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

There are a lot of useful threads, applets, calculators etc posted in Contributions & Corrections. Unfortuantely, not all of these things are appropriate to be put on-site. So, rather than let them die and become for all practical purposes deleted I quickly gathered some of these and made a nice little index to keep track of these useful guides / applets that aren't appropriate for the site, but are still helpful to our users. Seemed to me there is no sense in these helpful resources falling out of public view when they could be helpful to our userbase.

I simply felt these resources were too useful to let die in the pages on C&C so here they are posted to draw attention (PS: This does not give you permission to bump them with posts like "cool app.")

If you know of anything cool / useful / helpful guides / apps / threads posted in C&C, but isn't appropriate to be put on-site, that I didn't include (likely I missed a few since I just skimmed through the pages), post the link here. I'll take a look at it and if I consider if useful enough I'll add it to index.
  2. Great Sage

Great Sage

This is pretty useful; it's the applet that reduces EV waste. Yes it's pretty simple math but hey.
  3. chaos

chaos
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
    Owner

If these are so great, why aren't they articles and on the site?
  4. Caelum

is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Most of them are applets / calculators. Those can't really go "on-site" to my knowledge, the intent was to give a reference for those things which have been useful but can't really fit on the site or aren't "good enough" but are still useful and the intent was to make them available so someone wouldn't have to dig back 3 pages to find it.
  5. chaos

chaos
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
    Owner

Except you link to stuff like BK's "Battle Tower" guide, which is already in HTML and ready to be put on the site if it isn't already.
  6. Caelum

For that specific case, considering BK is site staff I assumed there was a reason it wasn't put on site. However, it still looked fine to me and useful so I placed it here. If you want me to put it up I can do that.
  7. eric the espeon

eric the espeon maybe I just misunderstood
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

You have probably thought of this before, and have a very good reason not to, but why not have a page on site with links to a page for each of these (with an explanation of how to use/screen shots/download link)?
  8. Tangerine

Tangerine Where the Lights Are
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I can't see why we can't have a calculator/applet section on the site
  9. Blue Kirby

Blue Kirby Never back down.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

The reason the Battling Tower guide was never put on site was because I had also added on existing data available and thrown together this, and I wasn't 100% sure that the site layout would allow for stretching at smaller resolutions at the time. That, and I also wanted to make the whole thing sortable like the Pokemon on the Dex are.

It all needs to be updated now if it's ever going to be put on-site though - I'll have to look at doing that at some point.
  10. RBG

RBG But I keep cruising, can't stop, won't stop grooving.
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Facebook Manager

11. Diesel

Diesel

This can replace How To Become Pro At Chaining. Thanks for adding that in the first place, by the way, you probably saved me a few exasperating PMs.
  12. mingot

mingot free agent
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

13. Colonel M

Colonel M I don't suck it's my team that sucks!
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

14. Oglemi

Oglemi We broke it. Yes, we were naughty. Completely naughty.
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

Hey all.

So I updated the much needed-to-be-updated OP with some of the cool stuff that popped up in Projects over the past few months. Since we currently don't have anywhere onsite to put them, and really nowhere to showcase all the hard work these people put into these projects, I've added them to the OP.

Hopefully everybody hasn't forgotten about this thread. There are some really cool stuff in the OP. You should definitely check it out!

Also, don't forget about our Projects forum. There are a bunch of old projects where the OPs have long since left that could use some updating. If you find a project you are interested on working on, let us know and we'll be sure to give you a chance to work on it!
  15. Calm Pokemaster

Calm Pokemaster
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

2 things I noticed -

• The link provided for the ''how accurately can you tell damage in each gen'' article by obi leads to an invalid thread.
    • Honko's recent damage calc [The Honkalculator] should be added to this list as well, as it sure is a highly useful tool.
  16. Oglemi

is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

Updated, thanks CP
  17. Jukain

Jukain fuck macle
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

I'd like to recommend this damage calculator that I've been using for about a year now.
    luungoc2005's Generation 5 Damage Calculator
    It hasn't been updated in a while, but most of the necessary sets are in it. Also, it has a really nice interface. I know it isn't "a C&C project", but it should definitely be on the list. Also, if you right click on the "Defender" or "Attacker" labels on top of each Pokemon box, you can import PO sets and export sets to PO format. Implementing stat boosts is also a breeze, as is anything not legal. Wonder Room, Critical Hit, Multiple Targets, and No Immunity can also be accounted for. Gender, Level, Status, Weight, Happiness, and HP Percent can all be changed. Flash Fire, Me First, Helping Hand, and Metronome counter may be accounted on the offensive side. As far as defensive options, hazards, screens, Mud Sport, and Water Sport can be accounted for.
    252 +2 SpAtk Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs 4 HP/0 SpDef Chandelure: 81.68% - 96.56%
    2 hits to KO

Possible HP Damage: 214, 217, 220, 222, 225, 228, 229, 232, 235, 237, 240, 243, 244, 247, 250, 253
    You will also get a neat little description that says the possible HP damage and relevant investment and stat boosts of each Pokemon. Weather is also an option to set.

Reverse calculations are also easy to make. Moves and abilities may be filtered out. You can even change the base stats of each Pokemon to screw around. This is much easier than implementing types into the old calculator. Many targets for one attack may be chosen, and multiple specific defensive and offensive calculations can be made. Also, calculating stats of Pokemon quickly is very easy. You can also make up moves if you want to, even though other calculators can do it, it is easier to do. Also, you can right-click and install the calculator straight to your computer. The last neat little quirk is that you have a coverage calculator where you can pair the types of four moves together and see what coverage they get together.

Sorry for the kind of long post, and I know this isn't C&C work, but this calculator should have a link. Cheers!
  18. Oglemi

C&C Leader

Until it's actually hosted on Smogon or posted in C&C it "can't" go in the best of C&C, since none of our contributors actually made it. You can put it in your sig or whatever to "advertise" it though (mostly because I have no way of accurately accrediting it to the creator).
  19. Jukain

Jukain fuck macle
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

This user: luungoc2005 That's the creator.
  20. Oglemi

C&C Leader

Then he needs to post in Projects in C&C or here himself to confirm that he is the creator. I believe you, but I don't want to go off and give credit to someone who doesn't deserve it.

TM01 Hone Claws
    TM02 Dragon Claw
    TM03 Psyshock
    TM04 Calm Mind
    TM05 Roar
    TM06 Toxic
    TM07 Hail
    TM08 Bulk Up
    TM09 Venoshock
    TM10 Hidden Power
    TM11 Sunny Day
    TM12 Taunt
    TM13 Ice Beam
    TM14 Blizzard
    TM15 Hyper Beam
    TM16 Light Screen
    TM17 Protect
    TM18 Rain Dance
    TM19 Roost
    TM20 Safeguard
    TM21 Frustration
    TM22 Solar Beam
    TM23 Smack Down
    TM24 Thunderbolt
    TM25 Thunder
    TM26 Earthquake
    TM27 Return
    TM28 Dig
    TM29 Psychic
    TM30 Shadow Ball
    TM31 Brick Break
    TM32 Double Team
    TM33 Reflect
    TM34 Sludge Wave
    TM35 Flamethrower
    TM36 Sludge Bomb
    TM37 Sandstorm
    TM38 Fire Blast
    TM39 Rock Tomb
    TM40 Aerial Ace
    TM41 Torment
    TM42 Facade
    TM43 Flame Charge
    TM44 Rest
    TM45 Attract
    TM46 Thief
    TM47 Low Sweep
    TM48 Round
    TM49 Echoed Voice
    TM50 Overheat
    TM51 Steel Wing
    TM52 Focus Blast
    TM53 Energy Ball
    TM54 False Swipe
    TM55 Scald
    TM56 Fling
    TM57 Charge Beam
    TM58 Sky Drop
    TM59 Incinerate
    TM60 Quash
    TM61 Will-O-Wisp
    TM62 Acrobatics
    TM63 Embargo
    TM64 Explosion
    TM65 Shadow Claw
    TM66 Payback
    TM67 Retaliate
    TM68 Giga Impact
    TM69 Rock Polish
    TM70 Flash
    TM71 Stone Edge
    TM72 Volt Switch
    TM73 Thunder Wave
    TM74 Gyro Ball
    TM75 Swords Dance
    TM76 Struggle Bug
    TM77 Psych Up
    TM78 Bulldoze
    TM79 Frost Breath
    TM80 Rock Slide
    TM81 X-Scissor
    TM82 Dragon Tail
    TM83 Infestation
    TM84 Poison Jab
    TM85 Dream Eater
    TM86 Grass Knot
    TM87 Swagger
    TM88 Sleep Talk
    TM89 U-turn
    TM90 Substitute
    TM91 Flash Cannon
    TM92 Trick Room
    TM93 Wild Charge
    TM94 Rock Smash
    TM95 Snarl
    TM96 Nature Power
    TM97 Dark Pulse
    TM98 Power-Up Punch
    TM99 Dazzling Gleam
    TM100 Confide
    HM01 Cut
    HM02 Fly
    HM03 Surf
    HM04 Strength
    HM05 Waterfall
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)