Gen 3 The best Uber team

Like the best r/s/e team, this topic is for uber teams. Tought it would be usefull...

My favorite one:

Lugia @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 192 HP / 176 Atk / 140 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Aeroblast
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Whirlwind

Great starter, really hard to kill and I really like those critical hits :naughty:.

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Dragon Claw
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Thunderbolt

Special sweeper. If I predict a switch, I just use Dragon Claw because it almost has no immunities. A great Pokemon, can actually hurt everything!

Mewtwo @ Leftovers
EVs: 108 HP / 148 Spd / 252 SAtk
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Thunderbolt

My favorite Pokemon. When it uses Calm Mind a few times, it's nearly unbeatable.

Deoxys-F @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Extremespeed
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Superpower

The best Choice Bander. It can hurt almost everything!

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 108 HP / 148 Def / 252 SAtk
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Water Spout

Rest-talker. Mostly a Groudon and Blissey counter. Hard to kill.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 188 HP / 70 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Icy Wind
- Softboiled
- Toxic

The Uber Blissey, always great!

This team is my favorite one and it's not bad. I have more wins than looses.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Latias is the closest Kyogre counter you have, so I'd add CM somewhere. Additionally, since you even use Kyogre yourself, why not use Thunder instead of T-bolt for some heavy hitting on steels? The 30% par is also great against those occasional Taunt CM Mewtwos (although, I see physical / mixed Mewtwos more). If you decide to take Dragon Claw for CM, Thunder would do as much as Dragon Claw would, thought it does only have 70% without the rain (50% when sunny). Thunder / Thunderbolt choice is yours to make.

All these Ice moves are great against Groudon, Latis and Rayquaza, but it leaves you open against Steels that would set up Spikes (no problem for Mewtwo, Latias, and Kyogre, but a problem when you have out Deoxys-F, Blissey, or Lugia) or start Meteor Mashing (Metagross).

Since Mewtwo and Latias' role as a CMer is redundant, I would take Mewtwo out for something to better deal with Skarmory and Forry's Spikes and Metagross' offense. A Forretress of your own perhaps?

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd probably make Latias more defensive. Calm Nature. More HP/SDef and use Calm Mind too. Scares Kyogre off easily.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
Kyogre needs max HP if its going to Water Spout/Sleep Talk.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
I prefer a max HP bulky spread. If I cut down the damage down, I can still maximize the damage I do. Anything I could probably outrun (correct me if I'm wrong) would probably switch to a resist, in any case. Since I don't play ubers often, the best I could see it outrunning (that would otherwise have a chance at outrunning it or otherwise be a threat) is Groudon, Heracross, Ho-Oh, and low speed Lugias.

But once again, I don't play ubers often.

You don't have a normal resist or a 'real' toxic resist, and your only way around deoxys-f is revenge killing it with your own, which could leave you relying on a speed tie. The obvious solution is to just use forry, probably over deoxys-f or mewtwo. It also helps with keeping spikes off your side, which you really need if you want to use spoutogre. As far as evs go for ogre 240 hp with some speed (~28 evs) with the rest in satk is good. Additionally kyogre is neither a blissey nor a groudon counter, so making latias more defensive to take salac groudon would be nice, or you could just use the standard lugia (recover/toxic/ww/reflect).

Dragon Claw + Ice Beam isn't very efficient use of moveslots. Dragon is only a good type if it's your only attack, otherwise Boltbeam is infinitely superior.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Kyogre can be both a Groudon and Blissey counter, but not with that set or EVs.

Rest, Sleep Talk, Calm Mind, Surf can stop them all day with 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA Modest, or similar EVs. Only Psych Up / Calm Mind + Thunder Blissey can beat it, and then it's pretty much just a race to the CH. Kyogre needs max Speed or max HP + Defense and Surf / Hydro Pump to stop Groudon.

looks good. IMO i think you should consider something of an annoyance such as Dusclops? its up to you. i do agree that Latias needs to be a bit bulky. it has 130 base sp. Def for a reason. and please eliminate your n00biness. happy battling

I prefer Luiga as a Wall because of its huge defences.
Other than that, your team looks decent though Uber teams are (bleh)

seems pretty solid. But i agree with some of the other posters, use Calm Mind on latias.
This is just my suggestion but i think you should use a neutral nature on Lugia for more Areoblast power. Also consider Palkia w/ Thunder, brilliant pokemon for this kind of team, and yea make Latias a bit more bulky, otherwise use Latios.

Just like every other uber team i see though, its shut down entirely by Trick Room

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)