The Blue Dragon

Introduction
Hello smogon this is my first RMT and I decided to make a Uber's team. I realized Ubers has many fast dragons and bulky dragons. My response to this was Latios with soul dew. Perhaps the best Uber Kyogre is one hit ko'ed by grass knot and so is groudon. This making him a greet sweeper and requires little to none support. The team has shown great success and I'm very proud because I didn't use many Uber Pokemon. The team goes for the more offensive approach while packing good bulky sets as well. I also took advantage of Deoxys Speed form which in my opinion is the best lead in the game. I don't want to give away to much in just the Introduction so here it is The Blue Dragon!

THE Blue Dragon

Deoxys-Speed @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Magic Coat
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Deoxys-S is hands down my favorite form of Deoxys. With great speed and actually good bulk Deoxys-S can easily set up one layer of rocks and spikes. The first move he runs is Magic Coat. Magic Coat has priority and since Deoxys-S is so fast it always gets up when needed. What Magic Coat does is bounce back any hazard or status thrown at Deoxys making Fortress and other leads useless. The next move is spikes and theres not much to say about that with three layers up it does 25% to any pokemon that is not Flying or carries Levitate. Stealth Rock is it's partner in crime hitting every pokemon and takes half of HO-OH's health making Regeneration useless. With all of the hazards up it greatly helps the rest of the team since it is very fast and hits hard. Last move is Taunt, Taunt allows me to shut down other leads and setup sweepers. With all of these moves combined Deoxys-S makes for the perfect lead.

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Hi Jump Kick
- Protect
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz

Blaziken is the earlier game sweeper and wrecks most Uber pokemon in the sun or with a swords dance up. Blaziken has nearly unresisted STAB making him a force to be reckoned with. His first move Hi Jump Kick is the super powerful fighting move that can one hit KO Heatran and Blissey with a Swords Dance up. It can also be used against Kyurem White and Black. For neutral damage it hits many pokemon like Kyogre and is a great scare for Arceus so he will never switch in unless he is Ghost. Protect is the next move allowing Blaziken to boost his speed higher then most scarf Pokemons and just speedy checks. It can also be used for scouting and can be useful for nice switches and prediction. The next move is Swords Dance this in a way is Blaziken's best move it allows him to sharply raise his attack and since he has speed boost he becomes a fast hard hitting pokemon. Blazikens last move is Flare Blitz, this is his primary attacking move since it his STAB and can be boosted heavily in the sun. With a Swords Dance up Flare Blitz can do massive damage to even Lugia in the sun. Even though Blaziken is tough he suffers from a bad stealth rock weakness making him essentially a earlier game sweeper unless you want to take 25% damage.

Shaymin-Sky @ Expert Belt
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Shaymin-S which from now on I will be saying just Shaymin is a special sweeper with and expert belt to feign Specs or maybe even Scarf. Shaymin is the hax master and although you should not rely on luck sometimes it is okay especially when Shaymin is just such a good Groudon and Kyogre check when not Scarfed. That being said if you think I should run Scarf over Expert Belt I certainly will. The first move is Air Slash which is pretty weak and is almost never a one hit KO. But if Shaymin is useless in a certain battle you can keep Air Slashing for the 5 hit KO and hope your opponent keeps flinching. Shaymins main attacking move is Seed Flare and is a always a one hit KO on Groudon or Kyogre even the bulky sets. It can also two hit KO many other pokemon and easily kill any water type. It also ground types and is overall just a powerful move, and because of Serene Grace it can lower the Enemy's Special Defense making so three it KO's into two on the switch. With such good Speed Shaymin can outrun almost every Pokemon without boost
''s making it an ideal sweeper. The next move earth power lets you hit Heatran and other fire types wanting to challenge Shaymin. The last move Hidden Power Fire is crucial for hitting Steel types however it does make you lose the speed tie with mewtwo so if this is crucial to you use leech seed and run a more bulky set. Shaymin is also weak to Stealth Rock, but you will find it not much of a problem considering your speed, and anything you can't one hit kill or two hit kill will kill you first.

Latios (M) @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Grass Knot

Latios or The Blue Dragon is clearly the star of the team and for good reason. With Soul Dew Latios starts out with a Calm Mind allowing him to hit as hard as a Choice Specs with no penalty. Dragon pulse if for quick shots and unlike Draco Meteor it will not reduce your SAtk. With one Calm Mind up Latios can do 81% to Arceus I don't know what the actual damage is but will say this its most likely and insta kill and with hazards it will be for sure. Dragon Pulse hits like a Truck leaving the other Dragons like Giratina dead. Latios hits very hard and out speeds most Uber Pokemon making him nearly unbeatable. The next move Calm Mind makes Latios even Stronger it will increase his Special attack and defense both by 1.5 since Latios has the Soul Dew with one CM up it's like he has up two. Surf is a good move since it has great coverage letting you hit steels and since rain is everywhere in Ubers its almost as powerful as Dragon Pulse. The next move is Grass Knot letting you dispose of Grondon and Kyogre or just any heavy wtaer type. Latios is a true monster and has almost no counters since Tyranitar is pretty rare. I suggest you try him out for your self and see how powerful he really is.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Quick Attack

Terrakion is probably the worst member of the team since he only does one thing check Arceus and Darkrai. However he is important and also helps dispose of Lugia and HO-OH which the team has some problems with. But He has godly coverage and with a Choice Scarf he is a pretty good Arceus normal check and a great Darkrai check. Close Combat is the main move of choice packing a big punch and just about hits everything. Steel types, Dark types, and even Normal types fear this move and will never switch. And most people don't think you are scarf so you can kill some unexpected players. Stone Edge is the next move which allows Terk to hit everything that resist fighting such as flying types. He also can hit Dragons with Stone Edge such has Resiram. X-Scissor is where you just start using filler moves since Terrakion has such good STAB moves. X-Scissor hits Psychic types and thats about it. Quick Attack can hit other Scarf Pokemon that are weakened and Arceus if he is very weakened if you are scared of Extreme Speed. Like I said before I wouldn't mind replacing Terk so if you have a suggestion i'm all ears.

Arceus @ Silk Scarf
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance

Arceus in my opinion is the most overpowered Pokeon to ever set foot on a Tier, and sadly enough he is here to stay. Arceus has way to much bulk and attack for his own good and his movepool is nothing short of amazing. With one Swords Dance up he can two hit KO Lugia and all of his quote on quote Checks with a variety of moves. With two up which he almost always gets up these turn into either one hit kills or barley Two hit kills. With three up its all over don't even try to beat him. Arceus carries Earthquake which wrecks most steels and just anything that resist normal and ghost. Next is the un holly move Extreme Speed with this move Arceus will always go first because of Priority and can kill Genesect with on hit will two Swords Dances up. Palkia and every other dragon bar Giratina and Dialga are one hit KO'ed after plus two which is one Swords Dance. Shadow Claw is for Ghost that are immune to Normal and Lugia for super effective damage. Like I said before Swords Dance will boost Arceus's attack to astronomical levels.

Conclusion
I really hoped I showed why Latios is great and maybe why Arceus should be banned . Thanks for reading the post please rate and like Peace!

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Kabutops weak. Kingdra weak. Excadrill weak. Pretty much any weather sweeper out speeds your team and threatens to hit hard.

Never mind, your Latios has surf.

224 / 252+ Skarmory carrying Brave Bird / Roost / Toxic / Whirwind in the rain is really hard to kill for your team. The only thing that can 2HKO it is Blaziken, which it threatens with a OHKO on the switch. As long as it doesn't switch in on +2 Blaziken, it'll be fine.

252 Atk Life Orb Blaziken Hi Jump Kick vs. 224 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 148-175 (45.25 - 53.51%) -- 1.95% chance to 2HKO
0 Atk Skarmory Brave Bird vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Blaziken: 288-342 (95.36 - 113.24%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs. 224 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 111-132 (33.94 - 40.36%) -- 43.63% chance to 3HKO
Skarmory walls with Toxic / Whirlwind.

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Arceus-Normal ExtremeSpeed vs. 224 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 100-119 (30.58 - 36.39%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
Skarmory walls with Toxic / Whirlwind.

252 SpA Soul Dew Latios Dragon Pulse vs. 224 HP / 32 SpD Skarmory: 141-167 (43.11 - 51.07%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 Atk Skarmory Brave Bird vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 129-153 (42.71 - 50.66%) -- 1.17% chance to 2HKO. Also has Whirlwind.

252 SpA Expert Belt Shaymin-S Hidden Power Fire vs. 224 HP / 32 SpD Skarmory in rain: 110-132 (33.63 - 40.36%) -- 42.09% chance to 3HKO
0 Atk Skarmory Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Shaymin-S: 272-324 (80.23 - 95.57%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

To fix this I suggest Thunder or Surf on Latios:

252 SpA Soul Dew Latios Thunder vs. 224 HP / 32 SpD Skarmory: 502-592 (153.51 - 181.03%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Soul Dew Latios Surf vs. 224 HP / 32 SpD Skarmory in rain: 299-352 (91.43 - 107.64%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

Hey Martian,
First off you have no real way of getting past a dedicated stall team. You also say you want a different poke than term to check arceus. Why not try mixed Giratina-o? It checks arceus and has plenty if strong attacks to hot stall with. You also don't have a spin blocker so I think it's a great fit.

Giratina-O@Griseous Orb
252hp/108attack/148SAtk
Trait:Levitate
-Draco Meteor
-Hidden Power Fire/Will-o-wisp
-Outrage
- Shadow Sneak

I hope you try it out and good luck with the team!

Blue Jay

The notorious Good Wife
is a Contributor Alumnus
As The Tyranitar pointed out, you definitely want a spinblocker; without one, Deoxys-S can easily have died for nothing (also consider an attack on Deoxys-S, as currently any spinner will render it completely useless). Giratina-O is nice for offensive teams, but if you want it to be at all reliable in checking Arceus, I recommend running a very physically defensive spread, as it will otherwise have to be almost full health to survive a +2 Shadow Claw (and it already has no way to recover damage from entry hazards or other attacks).

As Haruno pointed out, this team is particularly weak to weather sweepers due to the lack of weather control. I recommend Rayquaza; it can outspeed and KO all the weather sweepers due to its ability, and is furthermore a powerful wallbreaker, which is important for any hyper offensive team. Currently Giratina can pretty much handle all of your team bar Latios, and Rayquaza helps a lot with that.

I would advise against using Blaziken without sun support; in rain (the most common weather), Flare Blitz is rather underwhelming, and with only 2 attacking moves on a sweeper both need to hit really hard.

You'll want a more solid way to deal with Kyogre. It hits your team really hard, ScarfOgre is faster than most of your team and your Latios can't reliably switch in on it (Water Spout can 2HKO after SR). It doesn't 6-0 you, but it sure will leave big holes if played well.

What your team needs most, though, is synergy. At the moment, you have 6 solid Pokemon, but they don't really help each other much. As much as you might feel that Latios needs next to no support, in all solid teams all the Pokemon are supporting each other. You want to build your team around one Pokemon or a core of Pokemon, with an overall game plan for winning against the opponent. Having a lot of good Pokemon just isn't good enough, because everyone can do that in Ubers. With a hyper offensive team, you'll want to pick a sweeper or two, then dedicate the rest of the team to remove your sweepers' counters and make sure your opponent doesn't bulldoze through you with their own offensive Pokemon. You can read a lot more about how to build a team effectively here.

Also, if you "almost always" get 2 swords dances on Arceus (without it being burnt in the process) you've been up against really terrible players. Any competent player has a check to Arceus and will have phazed/burnt/killed it before it ever gets past +2 (unless Skarmory is in your Arceus' face, because it laughs at Arceus).

If you make a team based around Latios, you need to eliminate its counters/checks, which are:
-First of all, Scarf Pokemons (especially the physical ones, as well as outrage Palkia/reshiram)
-Dark types: Darkrai; arceus dark and tyranitar in particular have no trouble taking its attacks as long as Tyra doesn't switch in a Grass Knot
-steel-types such as jirachi, scizor, excadrill in sand, defensive dialga, arceus-steel, ferrothorn
-if you don't pack Psyshock, you won't get past Ho-Oh and Toxic Chansey.
-additionally, most priority attacks can 2hko Latios (giratina-o, extremekiller, rayquaza)

There's no Pokemon that can deal with all of latios's checks, so you'll need to change several pokemons of your team. Blaziken cannot sweep without sun support. Speaking of weathers, you need a weather changer in Ubers. fortunately, Latios pairs well with all 3 of them (Kyogre, Groudon, Tyranitar)(but not hippowdon, because he doesn't work in an offensive team)(with Latios you're going offensive anyway).

Thanks guys I really appreciate it and Blue Jay I read the thread and it was great thanks so much. Since all of you say Blaziken needs sun I'll replace him with rayquazza and Terk with Giratina.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)