The burning Tornado

This is a new Wifi Ubers I created a while ago as I wanted to make a sun team of my own(I use my friend's team to ladder).HO is my favorite playing style,so I decided to create a sun HO team.I laddered with this team for a while,and was able to get to 1500,but I couldn't wait to RMT this team,so I didn't try to get high points as it would take some time XD
Team at glance:

Team Building Process:

I was gonna make a sun team,so Groudon was the first Pokemon I put in.Groudon was supposed to be my hazard support and Arceus counter,so I made it physically bulky to check EKA.

The second Pokemon I thought of was Arceus-Ghost.I've always wanted to use CMGhostceus,as I've faced it many times and it gives trouble every time if the opponent plays it correctly.I went for the standard timid CMGhostceus with Recover/Judgement/Focus blast.

I saw that my team was weak to Kyogre,the most common Pokemon in the tier and a threat to rain teams.I put in Latias as my previous team has Palkia and I wanted to try something different,and Latias is one of the best check for Kyogre as it has high special defense and can use recover to deal all the hard damage,something which Palkia can't.

I was pretty weak to CM Arceus-Ghost which is a really dangerous Pokemon and can sweep teams if used properly.I thought of changing Groudon's EVs to special defense(one of my friend,CHAMPION LANCE,uses specially bulky Groudon to check Ogre,so I got the idea from his team)and added t-wave to cripple Arceus-Ghost.Now I found my team weak to EKA,which is the most dangerous sweeper in the tier,so I added Terrakion,one of the best check for EKA.

Now I needed a good offensive Pokemon for a sun team,and Ho-oh is probably the best offensive Pokemon in sun.At first,I thought of using Flame Charge Ho-oh,but it wasn't helping me that much,so I changed it to fast sub/roost to make it a better check for Giratina.

If you use Ho-oh,a rapid spinner is considered must,but I think that magic bounce can prevent hazards better than rapid spin does,due to the presence of Giratina and Arceus-Ghost.Espeon was my choice over Xatu as it can hit harder and is faster than most of the Pokemon in the tier,so it's better for a HO team.

After looking at the team again,I found out that it's filled with special walls and dosen't have any physical wall,so I changed Ho-oh to bulky sub and Groudon to physical wall.

Changed Groudon to a more offensive Pokemon as I already have a check for EKA,also changed Arceus-Ghost's EV spread and made it bulky fast CM sweeper.Changed Latias to subcm to check Kyogre better.

A closer look at the team:

Groudon @ Earth Plate
Trait: Drought
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
Groudon is not only a great physical wall,but a really good offensive Pokemon as well.With Earthplate,its EQ becomes absurdly strong and can hit switch-ins for a real hard damage.Fire Punch lets it deal with Ferrothorn and Forretress better,which can be OHKOed at low health so that I won't have to predict hazards and switch into Espeon.Stone Edge makes sure Ho-oh isn't gonna wall it and also does reasonable damage to Lugia.The crux of this set is to build offensive momentum by hitting switch-ins hard and it's high speed catches some people off guard.

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 HP / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Judgment
- Focus Blast
- Recover
- Calm Mind
Arceus-Ghost is one of the most dangerous special sweeper in the tier,capable of sweeping whole teams if they lack a good check.Thanks to 120 base speed,this guy can outpace most of the Pokemon in the tier and can OHKO/2HKO most of them thanks to the perfect coverage.Recover lets it heal the hard damage and it can also set up against special attackers with CM/Recover if the opponent decides to count on critical hit or dosen't know the might of Arceus-Ghost.Thanks to the 252 HP EVs,it can take hits and setup easily against special attackers,and can also take physical attacks(non-LO Rayquaza can't 2HKO is with Outrage),which helps my team a lot.

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 164 HP / 148 SAtk / 196 Spd
- Dragon Pulse
- Substitute
- Recover
- Calm Mind
Latias is one of the best check for Kyogre in this tier.Thanks to soul dew,it's high special defense becomes even higher,making it a good specially bulky wall with high special attack.The EV spread lets it outspeed base 100 mons,making it an excellent check for non-scarfed variants of Palkia and Rayquaza(which is a threat to my team),although focus sash Rayquaza can catch it off guard and OHKO it with Outrage.Latias can easily switch into Kyogre,especially if it's a lead against my Groudon(and is faster than my Groudon)and setup subcm,which can be annoying for the opponent.In late game,a subcm setup sweep is possible if there isn't any steel type/Darkrai/Ghostceus in the opponent's team.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Sleep Talk
- Stone Edge
Terrakion is a great check for EKA,a Pokemon that destroys my team.With scarf boosting its speed,it can easily handle many Pokemon in the tier at low health with its STAB 120 base power Close Combat.Stone Edge easily OHKOs Ho-oh,which is a dangerous Pokemon and poses a threat to my team.It can also revenge kill non-bulky variants of Ogre at low health as it does about 68-80% to 4hp/0def Ogre.Sleep Talk lets it deal with Darkrai,which otherwise might setup on it(subnastyplot is very common these days).X-Scissor lets it deal with Mewtwo and a weakened Deoxys-S.

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spd
- Substitute
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Sacred Fire
Ho-oh is probably one of the best offensive Pokemon in the Ubers tier.Thanks to skyhigh 154 special defense,Ho-oh can easily take special hits and setup sub against special attackers.Roost is to stall special attackers and to restore the recoil caused by LO.Ho-oh can easily crush Kyogre switch ins with Brave bird and has a 37.5% chance to OHKO non-bulky Kyogre with Brave Bird.The nasty 50% chance to burn the opponent which comes with Sacred fire can be a life saver in many difficult situations,and does a lot of damage in sun with LO boost and adamant atk EVs.

Espeon (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Psyshock
- Morning Sun
Espeon is a great support for every Ubers team with Ho-oh,as it can not only bounce hazards back to the opponent's field,but hit the opponent's Pokemon hard with it's good coverage if needed.Psyshock hits Ho-oh hard and prevents it from setting up.Grass knot deals high damage to Groudon,which can otherwise kill it and lay hazards later in the game.HP fight makes sure it's not walled by Dialga as it stops it from setting Rocks,and also deals hard damage to Darkrai.Morning sun can be really helpful if the opponent decides to attack Espeon,which can otherwise make Espeon useless sometimes.
Final Words:
So this is my sun team,The burning Tornado.It's one of the best teams I've ever created.Although it looks very similar to another sun team,created by Champion Lance,The Blazing Glaciers,the only thing I copied from that team was the Groudon moveset and EV spread,which I changed after some testing.
Importable:
Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 164 HP / 148 SAtk / 196 Spd
- Dragon Pulse
- Substitute
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Sleep Talk
- Stone Edge

Groudon @ Earth Plate
Trait: Drought
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spd
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spd
- Substitute
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Sacred Fire

Espeon (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Psyshock
- Morning Sun

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Judgment
- Focus Blast
- Recover
- Calm Mind

What up Leon, posting this right after beating you in that tour :P

Anyways, this is a very nice team. You've obviously got the standard sun build of Ho-Oh, Groudon, and Latias, so I'll talk about nitpicks to those mons first.

Your team is pretty weak to strong Dragon attacks without a Steel-type, so I would highly recommend that you change Ho-Oh to a more defensive spread. Believe me, a few EVs and leftovers go a long way towards helping him tank attacks. 248 HP / 176 Atk / 84 SpD is the spread I find works best (it's from onsite), -- its enough defense to ensure CM Arceus can't 2HKO you, that +4 Darkrai can't OHKO, and that LO Kyurem-W can't 2 shot you with Ice Beam + DM (I think). You have Latias, so I don't think OHKOing Kyogre is essential. Kyogre is a terrible Ho-Oh check anyway as Choice Kyogre can't take two round of Brave Birds and even SpDef Kyogre is vulnerable while resting.

I've got a somewhat unorthodox suggestion over Grass Knot on Latias: Thunder. I know it seems weird to use Thunder on a sun team, but Latias usually comes in when its raining anyway. It's much more simple to use Thunder on Kyogre than Grass Knot since the switch-in has to deal with that lovely 30% paralysis chance. It also hits Manaphy for actual damage. It's not like you use Grass Knot for anything other than Kyogre anyway (Groudon maybe), so try out Thunder! Psyshock is also an option, although it's less good without CM.

I think the rest of the mons are good choices for a more offensive team. Genesect>Terrakion, Xatu>Espeon with Will-O-Wisp on Ghostceus is always an option, but that change your team too much I think. My only concern would be that its tough for Espy to stop Ferro/Forry from laying rocks, as Gyro Ball is going to do a ton to you and you don't have HP Fire. Might want to switch HP Fighting for HP Fire, as in the sun Fire does similar damage to Dialga but OHKOs Ferrothorn. Good luck with the team!

Espeon doesn't work in ubers. Just use a steel type like Heatran or Ferro or forry to help with your massive dragon weakness. Otherwise standard team will do fine on ladder, etc etc.

Bryce

Lun
lol get out leonub , using CM>SD ghost,Latias>Kyurem-W over lance's team.

jk,this is a cool team.I'm not sure about Espeon to be honest,while you easily block most Deo-S without sun up,you'll fail to keep rocks off when facing offensive setters like Dialga.Deo-A and offensive groudon.Gyro ball from the two metal spiky balls(??) also hurt.But if it works for you keep it.Otherwise try something like SpDef Forretress for a dragon resist and spike support.

You also look somewhat weak to Mewtwo as it can cripple a good portion of your team.Maybe run Genesect over Terrakion as Genesect+Groudon+Arceus-Ghost is good enough for Ekiller if you play well.Genesect helps you out with Mewtwo while providing momentum with U-Turn.And if you want to keep Terrakion,run jolly as your nature.Adamant gets outsped by +1 Ray,Scarfed 95s,Genesect and Scarf Palkia which sucks.

I've changed some EV spreads,and now the team is less similar to Lance's team.And Loskinub,I'm thinking of using Gene>Terrak,but I'll test offensive Groudon first and see of it works well.Thanks for the rate anyways :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)