The CAP Dark Horse Competition -- September Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Alright, seems like so far we have NumberCruncher, jas61292, gday*, sparktrain*, Animus Majulous*, and Kingriolu*. If I put a * next to your name, that means I'm still waiting for you to submit your team to me (don't worry too much, you still have a few days to get it ready).

Ideally, I'd like to have at least 12 people signed up, but we still have plenty of time left so that still might be quite achievable... soo... I'm going to shameless tag some people who visit the room regularly and are involved with the meta and see if they wanna participate :3

swampmist1142,heartofgold, hendrix96, QueenOfLuvdiscs, NitrousAcid, Elite Lord Sigma, epicumbreon29, viperfang4, JigglykongisFUM16, wh0sy0urpapa, Ununhexium

Spoiler: If I tagged you it means I think you're cool or something. More so I just want to watch you battle and kick some butt in the tourney :D Remember, tourney starts the 20th, each round lasts 2 days so you don't have a ton of time to contact your opponent, but it should be enough since we're all familiar with each other's basic schedules already. The main things are you have to use at least one of Fidgit, Breloom, Mew, or Heracross on your team, submit that team to me via Smogon PM, and use only that team with 0 modifications throughout the tournament. The tournament is single elimination, CAP format.

Good luck to all :D

I want to sign up for the Dark Horse Tournament
sorry I didn't reply faster, school is being my best friend right now...not!!!
and yay heal thinks i'm special :P

I want to sign up for the dark horse tournament

Even though my timezone is way different from the others. you can pm by pressing the start a conversation button right?

Last edited:

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Yeah, start a conversation button will work, eevee.
So far we have 11 people signed up, I believe. Still time and space for more!

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Alright, sign ups are now closed, and our bracket looks like this:

You have until the end of September 21st to contact your round 1 opponent and have a match. Please, do NOT post replays in this thread. Instead, post the win/lose results of the match to this thread and inbox the replays to HeaLnDeaL and Tadasuke. Sending in these replays via private inbox is required upon winning a match. Do not include spoilers of your opponent's team in this thread; teams are to remain hidden from public view. Please, do your matches in private rooms with modjoin turned on (cammands: /privateroom and /modjoin). If it was found that your team deviated from your submitted one, then you will be disqualified. If your opponent accidentally clicks on the wrong team and openly admits to this at the start of the match, you should give them a second chance to use their proper DHC team (mistakes happen, but since we want to research the Dark Horses, getting to see them in action in matches rather than just giving auto-wins is preferred). Once ALL rounds in the tournament are over, HeaLnDeaL will make all replays available to public view.

NumberCruncher, currently you have no opponent and are in line to advance straight to round 2. However, keep your eyes and ears open just in case you end up with a last second opponent.

Overall, I'm really impressed with the amount of talent we have going into this. We have some intense battles right from the get go in round one, and things will only heat up as we go forward. Good luck to all, and please be courteous and respectful to everyone! This looks like to be a solid tournament!

Last edited:

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Alright, I've reviewed the match, and can confirm that Queen has won. The first half of the match was intense, great job to both of you!

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Confirmed Viperfang's victory, was a great match that very well might have come done merely to dice rolls that happened in the first few turns.

This is just a shout out to Khosro. I am on all day so any time you wanna play is fine. Sunday will be tough unless we play in the morning. Pm my smogon account and I'll check every hour.

nitrous ill try to be on all day, so pm me on smogon or the in cap room on showdown.
im in California so my timezone is pacific.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)