The CAP Kitchen: Non-Competitive Discussion Goes Here

Fourth try .-. Typed 100% on a 3G dumbphone, so I apologize for spelling/grammar mistakes in advance. I also abuse dashes, parentheses, and semicolons (oh - I also make up words; it will most likely happen). I have plans for a far-reaching complex storyline, so sorry for the neccesary somewhat-generic intro. Eventually, all CAPs will have a role. Without further ado...
She awoke suddenly, gasping for air as compound eyes struggled to focus in the dim cave lighting. Feeling rushed into her numb limbs with alarming speed, and she clawed blindly into the darkness. Movement! She could move again! Lurching forward with all the grace of a drunken Arghonaut, in less than a second she collapsed in a heap on the floor; apparently, her sense of balance had still neglected to return to her stiff legs.

Nonetheless, the feeling was pure blissful relief - almost indescribable. She flexed her claws, experimenting with her slowly-returning strength. She rolled around on the ground and felt every single pebble and bump with the unerring fascination of a hatchling. Others around her - there were others! - matched her feelings exactly, relishing the most ordinary of circumstances. They walked (stumbled and staggered, really), they crawled, they enjoyed even simply moving their arms around. They were alive again! How wondrous it felt, to be moving at last, after - how long? Wait - where was she? What had happened?

Who was she?

Vital questions raced through her mind, washing away the joy complacently taking hold just moments ago; terrible fear of the unknown filling the void. She descended into a panic, desperately seeking out any relevant bit of information, and finding nothing but emptiness in the cracks of her shattered mind. At least she could be graced her name! Why why why why? This word especially drilled deep into her skull, its unceasing droning a nagging reminder of what had been lost. She squirmed uncomfortably on the ground, pitifully attempting to force the mental anarchy away, wishing only to toss it out on the cavefloor and crush it into insignificant dust. Why why why why -

"Syclant,"a mysterious voice echoed throughout the cavern, silky, masculine, and persuasive. The humdrum of a hundred-odd stressing insects was silenced immediately. "Awaken. Your time has come once again."

The voice seemed to emenate from everywhere in the cave at once, its commanding presence reassuring in her current state. It provided a much-needed crutch to a hundred needy minds; the sudden relief was nearly permeable. That is what they were called - they were Syclant! It must have set the stone rolling, because soon after, her name returned in a moment of sudden lucidity - Krillis. She was Krillis the Syclant! The unadulterated joy of finding her identity was complete and wholesome - a bright cloud nine in a veritable drizzling stormy sea of her emotions. And although these answers closed two questions, they still left far too many open. What had happened? Who was speaking now? Why did they have to be awakened? Wait - they had been asleep? What time was he (?) referring to?

"Your memory will return in due time," the faceless voice continued with, dripping with malevolent power. Perhaps in peak condition, Krillis could pinpoint where the speaker remained hhidden, but certainly not in this disorientated state. "For now... Perhaps, I can help jostle it. Tell me, friends, what does the name 'Aurumoth' mean to you?"

Krillis searched her scattered mind for references, eager to focus her mind on just one question. She filed through disjointed fragments of memories haphazardly splayed across a torn canvas, trying to cling on to even the slightest tidbit of relevant information. Aurumoth... she tasted the foreign name in her mouthparts, silently mouthing the strange syllables, and paused suddely upon finding that sought-after tidbit. Aurumoth. Narrowing her many eyes, she spat the word on the ground with an angry click.

The details were still as vague as anything, but Aurumoth's role in Krillis' life was clear: it was the enemy, a total complete opposition of everything Syclant hhad accomplished, whatever that might have been. A swelling rage forced its way out of some deep corner of Krillis's soul, enveloping her entire body in unbridled anger. Perhaps the inexplicable rage of an amnesiac was even more terrible; it was easy to place blame from a blank page.

Krillis let out an earsplitting shriek, rousing her kin into a mad frenzy. They matched the cry one by one, echoing across the cave until it became an unbearable cacophony of screeching Syclant. Still, even over this titanic din, Krillis heard something -

It was a slight, femenine voice, caught up in the peculiar unfortunancies of cave acoustics. "Perhaps we should leave, master, before they remember too much..."

What could that mean? Too much? The thought, however, was quickly overwhelmed in the face of blood-boiling rage towards Aurumoth. One of the Syclant had discovered an exit, Krillis was unceremoniously pulled into the tide. They poured out of the cave, a skittering horde hellbent on one goal: the death of Aurumoth, if they couldn't exactly remember why.

more coming, phone character limit and general frustration at having to rewrite this bottling up my creative juices and shipping them off far away.

c+c, speculations, welcome of course

bastiodon is the best
oh god just reread it that was a whole lot better in my head...

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
A little over two years ago I was working with some guys on another forum in making a Fakemon hack. One of the ideas I presented was a Grass-type snake based off the story of the Garden of Eden. I revisited the concept for CAP5 and gave it a major update, but here is the original design I presented to the other forum. I guess you could call it the "ancestor" of Malaconda.

Thank god I changed it lol

In the meantime, I'm wondering which of Malaconda's abilities is going to be the Dream World one? My guess would be Harvest on the basis that there is precedent for Pokemon getting Infiltrator as a non-DW ability but not for Harvest.

In the meantime, I'm wondering which of Malaconda's abilities is going to be the Dream World one? My guess would be Harvest on the basis that there is precedent for Pokemon getting Infiltrator as a non-DW ability but not for Harvest.
I'd say Infiltrator would, because Malaconda's fruit is like, Game Freak logic mode: "It has it, therefore it must have an ability for it."

So I was thinking, how long would it take for showdown or whatever server to update to 6th gen? I think that new mechanics relating to moves as well as type changes and new pokes would take a while.
Now, here's my idea. Since fairy type is confirmed, the last 5th gen cap should be the ONLY fairy type in existence before we move onto 6th gen caps. We can take a single 6th gen fairy or create one and throw it into the 5th gen ou metagame to see how it affects it. We don't even have to recreate the hidden power system. We just get one fairy and let it be the only one that learns fairy type moves, and see if it changes the dragon and steel meta.

dwarfstar

mindless philosopher
The problem with that is that we only know one thing about the Fairy type: its moves are SE on Dragon. Everything else is nothing more than rumor. As such, it can't be accurately implemented.

That, and by the time CAP is finished, the era of BW will likely be over [we get less than four months, I believe]

Making a quality CAP takes a lot of time, and that's not really something we have at the moment.

That said, I am uncertain as to what the CAP protocol is if/when the current generation's successor is implemented before the CAP is completed.

Nyktos

Custom Loser Title
CAPs are always built for the current OU metagame as of the start of the project. Current plans are that there will be one more gen 5 CAP, and it will likely start quite soon. Keep in mind that gen 6 will probably not be implemented on simulators instantly after X and Y come out.

A dragon/fight would be epic. It would be one of the most powerful type combinations because of the
OUTRAGEous moves iit could learn and STAB with, and it would have pretty good coverage. Heck, even steel types would quiver in fear against this epic type combo. It would have a whopping 7 resistances and 4 weaknesses, one of which it could crush, and the other 3 overpower.

Hey, do you guys think that we could make a future CAP a branch evo of an earlier one. For example, if we decide that the next CAP has a typing that fits with a previos CAP's prevo, we could hold a poll asking if it should be a branch evo of that Pokemon.

Nyktos

Custom Loser Title
It's a neat idea, but I can't imagine it happening for one reason: movepool. By definition a Pokémon learns any and all moves that its prevos do. I can't imagine us ever putting constraints that large on a CAP's movepool for purely flavour reasons, and it's unlikely to ever come about by accident.

Just wondering, is there any prohibition against using CAP Pokemon in fan-made RPGmaker games? I personally don't have any plans, but I thought it would be a nifty concept, especially since I saw someone else using it in theirs.

Just wondering, is there any prohibition against using CAP Pokemon in fan-made RPGmaker games? I personally don't have any plans, but I thought it would be a nifty concept, especially since I saw someone else using it in theirs.
You can use CAP pokemon for your game, if you wish. But you must observe the following stipulations:
  • Your game cannot be affiliated with another established online pokemon community
  • Credit the "Create-A-Pokemon Project", and provide links to our website, located here: http://www.smogon.com/cap/
  • Your representation of our characters must be consistent with the names, design elements, and overall themes of the characters as defined on the CAP website and CAP forum
Many people have created artworks, ROM hacks, video fighting games, and other interesting offshoot projects using our characters. If you get something interesting together, please let me know and perhaps we can cross-link from here to your project. Good luck!

We need to get Pokemon of all type combos that haven't been made, no particular order (sorry if i include CAP combos, but technically they aren't actual Pokemon):
Non-legendary Mono-Flying
Fire/Steel
Water/Fire
Water Bug (besides Surskit, but that's not exactly common)
Steel/Water
Fighting/Flying besides Tomohawk, we need another
Dark/Flying
Psychic/Flying other than the _atus
Electric/Normal (as of this post, X and Y aren't out, so no Helioptile)
Fire/Normal (same with Litleo)
Water, Ground, Dragon, Dark, Rock, Bug, and others/Normal
Ghost/Flying
Non-legendary Ghost/Dragon
Psychic/Normal, other than Girafarig
I was going to say Ghost/Fighting other than Revenankh, but he fills the typing fine
Any other never-before-seen combo

Also, Tomohawk, Mollux, Krillowatt, and Fidgit all look able to evolve, so at least one should be able to be given an Eviolite, that could shift the metagame greatly.

We should give more Pokemon Tail Glow. We already have Krillowatt, Mollux, Scyclant, Cyclohm, and Malaconda who look like their tails are able to glow.

We should have Mons interacting, like the rivalry between Zangoose and Seviper, Palkia and Dialga, Groudon and Kyogre, the Kami trio, or Durant and Heatmor. Perhaps Arghonaut, Tomohawk, and Collosoil have rivalries because they're like the ground, sea, and sky, just like the legendaries from gen 3. If Krillowatt love in fresh water, maybe Collosoil accidentally stumble upon underground rivers filled with Krillowatt, who can obviously light up in the dark, and the Krillowatt get angry and release a Draco Meteor or Outrage that they can somehow learn. Perhaps Revenankh and Voodoom have scaring contests. Scyclant looks a lot like a modern Stratagem, who perhaps existed in ancient times so can fire of AncientPowers. Fidgit may play with Aurumoth's wings.

==================================================
No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but several thousand electrons were terribly inconvenienced.​

Bull of Heaven

Fire/Steel Heatran
Steel/Water Empoleon
Dark/Flying Murkrow, Honchkrow, Vullaby, Mandibuzz
Psychic/Flying other than the _atus Lugia
Water.../Normal Bibarel
Ghost/Flying Drifloon, Drifblim
Psychic/Normal, other than Girafarig Meloetta

We should give more Pokemon Tail Glow. We already have Krillowatt, Mollux, Scyclant, Cyclohm, and Malaconda who look like their tails are able to glow. Tail Glow's original Japanese name is more accurately translated as "Firefly Light". That's why things like Ampharos don't learn it.
A full list of unused type combos will go here once I've come up with it. EDIT: Here it is, and it's longer than I expected:

Bug/Dragon
Bug/Ice*
Bug/Normal
Bug/Psychic*
Dark/Electric
Dark/Normal
Dark/Psychic
Dragon/Fighting
Dragon/Grass
Dragon/Normal (that would be interesting)
Dragon/Poison
Dragon/Rock
Electric/Fighting
Electric/Normal
Electric/Poison
Electric/Psychic
Electric/Rock
Fighting/Flying*
Fighting/Ghost*
Fighting/Ground
Fighting/Ice
Fighting/Normal
Fire/Grass*
Fire/Ice
Fire/Normal
Fire/Poison*
Fire/Water
Ghost/Grass*
Ghost/Normal
Ghost/Psychic
Ghost/Rock
Ghost/Steel*
Ground/Normal
Ice/Normal
Ice/Poison
Ice/Rock
Ice/Steel
Normal/Poison
Normal/Rock
Normal/Steel
Poison/Psychic
Poison/Rock
Poison/Steel

*no official Pokemon has this combo, but a CAP does

Last edited by a moderator:

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
heh

guess i missed the deadline

been too busy w/ college to do anything but make small posts here and there

Cloudmaker mon. It is a benevolent Pokemon that travels to places suffering from drought or famine. It is always crying, but it collects it tears in its hands and sprinkles them over fields, causing them to grow abundant with food. However, people hunted them for their gold body, so now they hide away high in the sky, too afraid to help people.

I know that the flavor-exclusive CAP's will never be used on the simulator, but it would be nice to see a sprite for Cnidali.

Also, where do you think the flavor CAP's could be located in the RPG's? I have some ideas for every line, in both Sinnoh and Unova. Some of these may have already been stated before.

Sinnoh
Syclant: Route 216, Route 217
Revenankh: Route 228
Pyroak: Eterna Forest
Fidgit: Valley Windworks (Breezi), Route 226, Route 228
Stratagem: Mt. Coronet
Arghonaut: Route 213, Route 222
Kitsunoh: Lost Tower
Cyclohm: Valley Windworks, Route 205
Colossoil: Route 228 (Surf for Colosshale)
Krilowatt: Route 213
Voodoom: Old Chateau

Unova
Tomohawk: Relic Castle
Necturna: Lostlorn Forest
Mollux: Route 8, Moor of Icirrus
Aurumoth: BW2 Victory Road
Malaconda: Route 13
Cawmodore: Route 18, Seaside Cave

Unofficial CAP
Froxbite: Dragonspiral Tower (Winter only)
Cnidali: Route 17 (Surf)
Petrogeist: Celestial Tower

We don't know what will happen with the CAP's of Kalos, but only time will tell.

Last edited:
You know, for Gen VI we should consider giving some past CAPs Mega evolutions to try to fit them into the Gen VI meta, which is essentially the whole point of Mega evolutions anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)