The CAP Kitchen: Non-Competitive Discussion Goes Here

Rebble and Bolderdash shouldn't be encountered in both Coastal and Mountain Kalos, so having wild Bolderdash in Terminus Cave and Victory Road, with Rebble being found in Hordes in said location, would work a bit better.

If only the Stratagem family were in the Mineral Egg Group so they could actually breed with Ditto. They can't get Egg moves anyway since they're genderless.

A continuation of this post

Here's what I've been thinking of as locations for CAPs in ORAS (and Plasmanta's line in XY)

XY:
Plasmanta pre-evo: Ambrette Town, Kalos Route 8, Cyllage City, Shalour City, Kalos Route 12, Azure Bay (Surf)

ORAS:
Syclar: Shoal Cave (DexNav)
Revenankh: Mt. Pyre (DexNav)
Embirch: Petalburg Woods (DexNav)
Breezi: Route 114, Route 115 (DexNav), Soaring in the sky
Rebble: Granite Cave (DexNav)
Bolderdash: Shoal Cave (Rock Smash)
Privatyke: Route 122, Route 124, Route 125, Route 126, Route 127, Route 128, Route 129, Route 130, Route 131, Route 132, Route 133, Route 134 (DexNav)
Nohface: Mt. Pyre (DexNav)
Monohm: Route 110 (DexNav)
Colosshale: Route 119 (Water, DexNav)
Protowatt: Route 110 (Water, DexNav)
Voodoll: Route 110 (DexNav)
Scratchet: Route 112 (DexNav)
Necturine: Petalburg Woods (DexNav)
Mollux: Fiery Path (DexNav)
Cupra: Route 113 (DexNav)
Brattler: Petalburg Woods (DexNav)
Cawdet: Route 114, Route 115 (DexNav), Soaring in the sky
Volkritter: Battle Resort (Good Rod, Super Rod)
Volkraken: Battle Resort (Super Rod)
Plasmanta pre-evo: Battle Resort (DexNav)

Last edited:

Unsee

so smart me, enjoy book so much
is an Artist
Hello, CAP Kitchen! I'm new to this room... You guys have probably seen me around CAP and on Showdown. A lot. Anyway, the idea of flash CAPs sounds really intriguing, and I'd love to get involved! Is there a specific process, or can I go right ahead uploading my yet-nonexistent art? Anyway, consider me a new regular! :3

Cretacerus

Survivor
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reactions Contest Winner
Found an old picture I made during CAP18, which I might as well share. That project had some pretty cool art (some of which you guys might still remember), among them a particular lionfish concept by Doran Dragon. Even though it wasn't chosen as final submission, it was such a clever idea that I had to flesh out that draft a bit. Also credit to Quanyails, BonzaiRob and GRs Cousin for the other pretty designs in here :)

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Nicely done, Mos! :) Your container-reptile was the superior one.

And as a bonus, have some Shawropod sprites. I didn't expect to use them seeing how the polls played out, but it was still fun to draw. :P

Both of you really deserved the position to win, but only one could make it. But as Quany once stated herself, if a washing machine can be in OU, why can't a bathtub?

But seriously, great work to Quany, Mos, Strum, and whoever else participated in the art submissions, even those who gave up.

You've got Malaconda looking as flawless design-wise as you did before! Mollux came out nicely too, thanks for sharing.

Has anybody thought about giving, like, CAPs with a viability ranking lower than B a Megaevolution, or more generally to give Megaevolutions to CAPs?

Has anybody thought about giving, like, CAPs with a viability ranking lower than B a Megaevolution, or more generally to give Megaevolutions to CAPs?
No, no one has ever thought of that before.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/mega-evolution.3495506/
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/mega-evolutions-for-past-caps.3524105/
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/mega-cap.3543657/

Also, next time, questions like this should go in http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-simple-answer-cap-v-3-0-read-the-op.3463255/

shorteninq Do you mean this particular thread? Well, the CAP Kitchen is mostly for existing CAPs only, but fan arts of past Art Submissions and flavor-exclusive CAPs are welcome as well. Take a look at the CAP sub-site and see for yourself. There's a Gallery full of them, waiting to be looked at and possibly drawn if you feel like it. Feel free to write a story about these Smogon-exclusive Pokemon as well.

If you ever just want to speedCAP and create something in a day's time with a few people, we do that too once in a blue moon.

Is it okay to post headcanons about existing CAPs to revive this thread? If so, here I go:

Unlike most Ghost-type Pokémon, which are considered undead species, Necturine (Nocturine?) and Necturna are fully organic Pokémon. This makes them more similar to Ghost-types like the Jellicent, Trevenant, and Gourgeist lines. Nohface, Kitsunoh, and Revenankh, on the other hand, are semi-organic Ghosts, which are more like Sableye. This probably explains their more animalistic traits.

Also, Snugglow and Plasmanta are clumsy swimmers in fresh water, especially when carrying humans and terrestrial / freshwater Pokémon on their backs. Snugglow prefer not to carry anyone, as they tend to be a bit more selfish than Plasmanta. The Snugglow seem to be unaware that they're actually doing a good turn, as it's for the safety of others. That's why either one can't learn Surf, Waterfall, or Dive legally.

If you can put the Naviathan line in the games, how would you allow it to be caught? I'd personally have Floatoy be in Coastal Kalos's surfing encounters. As for Hoenn, I can see Floatoy appearing in Routes 105, 106, 107, 108, and 109 as a DexNav exclusive.

Naviathan itself should appear on the routes between Pacifidlog and Slateport as a DexNav encounter.

Integer Mova: The actual capability to swim/fly never seems to be considered when deciding who gets which HM - For instance, Golurk can learn Fly and Garchomp can't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)