1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

The CAP Ladder and Little Cup Ladder are up and running!

Discussion in 'Create-A-Pokémon Project' started by DougJustDoug, Aug 15, 2008.

1. DougJustDoug

DougJustDoug Knows the great enthusiasms
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Programmeris a CAP Contributoris an Administratoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    CAP Leader

I have finally finished implementing two ladders on the CAP server. One is a CAP ladder for ranked play with CAP pokemon. The other is a Little Cup ladder, for our friends in the Little Cup community.

There was quite a bit of change required to get these two ladders working, so I'd like to test them and make sure they are working correctly.

The leaderboard for these ladders is currently only available by asking the modbot (HAL9000). Send a PM to the modbot with the text "leaderboard" and it will give you a short leaderboard for CAP and LC. Send the text "leaderboard CAP" or "leaderboard Little Cup" and it will give a longer leaderboard for the requested ladder. I am working on getting a leaderboard upload to the website, but that will take a little more work. I'll let you know when that is working.

There are several other changes to the server and the bot, but I don't want to detail them all here.

Fidgit is not quite finished. These changes were require to be put in first. Fidgit will likely go in later today.

Enjoy the new ladders everyone!
  2. Syprus

Syprus

Wow, very nice! Excellent job Doug. We all apprecciate what you're doing. This is really exciting news!
  3. Lunar Fang

Lunar Fang

Awesome job Doug! It all works perfectly ;D
  4. Not Scicky

Not Scicky

Fuck yeah little cup :A
  5. HD

HD

Yes! Maybe this will spark some CAP/LC RMTs.
  6. X-Trader

X-Trader

Awesome, finally a ladder! I'll start playing once Fidgit is on ;)
  7. billymills

billymills
    is a Forum Moderator

Great ladder, no real problems with CAP ladder.
  8. Cartoons!

Cartoons! !!!
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Rawk! Lost my first CAP ladder match!
  9. eric the espeon

eric the espeon maybe I just misunderstood
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Nice one DJD, this should help to increase interest in both CaP and LC metagames.

and 2nd in the LC ladder :D
  10. Elevator Music

Elevator Music
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Why does this have to be when my Shoddy isn't working... =/ =/ =/

Awesome, I can't wait to test these out.
  11. Magmortified

Magmortified <b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

First. :DDDDDDD

I'm waiting for you, Soup. Get it working! >=O

And, awesome, Doug.
  12. billymills

billymills
    is a Forum Moderator

Hal seems a little prone to ban typos, maybe you could make it so that he only kicks? or messages under 15 characters do not register.

EDIT: thanks for fixing it.
  13. tennisace

tennisace another eggnog, please
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Social Media Chief

Back from Florida and ready to get 1st in the CAP ladder. Watch out Plusbus!
  14. darkie

darkie i didn't choose the mug lyfe
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

Awesome work.
  15. Venom

Venom red eyes no visine
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

awesome, I'm sure matty would be happy to see this as well.
  16. Elevator Music

Elevator Music
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

This'll have to wait until after Sunday for me. dammit.

I have such a horrible connection at my brother's house that I get dc'd every other battle (which doesn't help my score...) >.<, and even though I leave tommorrow, the second I get home I'm going to my friend's lakehouse for two days, and I get back Sunday. Then I have soccer tryouts, which may or may not stop me from laddering.

Screw actually having a life. =P
  17. omgthatkid

omgthatkid

I can't wait.
    I want to use him!
    Tell us when you get him on.
  18. SoT

SoT Yes please!
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Awesome job Doug. Can't wait to try clmibing it.
  19. matty

matty I did stuff a long time ago for the site
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

most defiantly!
    Thanks Doug
  20. tennisace

tennisace another eggnog, please
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Social Media Chief

Slight issue, level 100 Pokemon are being used in the LC ladder. Mag and I just figured this out today, so we're banning until it's fixed. One day bans, like the Fly Glitch.
  21. DougJustDoug

DougJustDoug Knows the great enthusiasms
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Programmeris a CAP Contributoris an Administratoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    CAP Leader

Yes, I plan to implement a "Little Cup Clause" and force it on in all Little Cup ladder matches. Until then, offenders should be reported and banned. If necessary, I can pull logs to verify cheating. I can also set their ladder rating to 0.
  22. Fishin

Fishin
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Already enjoyed the one match I had on the LC ladder and eagerly waiting to try the CAP one. Nice job.
  23. Magmortified

Magmortified <b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

You mean the one against me? :D

Little Cup clause sounds cool. I think there had actually been an incident of a level 100 Pokemon on the LC ladder as early as a few days ago, but that was a mistake from one of the regulars, and probably not intended to exploit anything. =S

Maybe a note on the welcome message (ala Fly Glitch) to help make people aware of the punishments involved?
  24. Elevator Music

Elevator Music

A little off toic, but while we're changing the welcome message, why not mention Fidgit too? (Unless I'm so slow it's already up =P)

If we do put the warning up, can we be reminded to take it down? Smogon's Fly glitch is still up, but it was fixed, wasn't it? (Haha, shows how little time I've had to play Shoddy.)
  25. D13

D13

Woah, sweet. I might try little cup again soon.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)