The Circus - Game Over - Mafia Multinational Wins!

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You all enter the pavilion and find this.

This isn't what it was supposed to be!

"Only one team will leave this pavilion alive."

You all look around to see who said this over the loudspeaker, but can't quite figure it out.

Welcome to the circus.

Rules:

Part 1: Dodgeball Rules:
1. You may either Dodge, Pickup, Catch, or Throw during any given cycle. Dodge allows you to dodge the first two balls thrown at you. Pickup allows you to gain a ball to Throw next turn. Throw allows you to throw a ball at another user, assuming you have already picked one up. Catch allows you to catch the first ball thrown at you and knock whoever threw it at you out, but if two balls are thrown at you you will fail to catch either ball and instead be knocked out yourself. Note that if you choose to Pickup and don’t die that turn you have a ball, as there is nothing that can stop you from picking up a ball (other than death obviously).
2. There will be three equal and randomly decided teams, of varying size depending on how many people sign up. Everyone who signs up is guaranteed a spot.
3. Throws used against members of your own team will fail, but you will never be informed of the reasoning behind or the success or failure of any action, and will receive no results for any turn unless you grope a member of your own team and neither of you die that cycle. Groping is explained in Part 3.
4. You may only catch one ball during the entire course of the game, as after that your hands will be too sore to catch again. It will only count against this counter if you successfully catch a ball though. You may also only dodge balls twice because after the second time you will break your ankles. Whether or not you actually dodged anything is meaningless for the purposes of how many you may perform later in the game, although any dodges used on turn 1 will not count against how many you are able to perform later.
5. If you have a ball you can’t catch another one.

Part 2: Be Unpopular or Die Rules:
1. The action that is chosen by the highest number of users results in all users who picked that action dying instantly. In the case of a tie, everyone who picked both options dies.
2. Players knocked out by thrown balls will still have their actions counted for the totals in this segment of the game.
3. This segment of the rules will be suspended once one team is entirely wiped out.

Part 3: Mafia Rules:
1. In addition to standard dodgeball actions, one may “Grope” another user to determine if that user is on his or her team. This action will fail if it is used on any other team’s member, since you can’t grope someone up if they are across the line from you!
2. You will not know the other members of your team.
3. It will not be revealed how each user died, only who died and which team he or she was on.

Overall Rules:
1. Don’t talk about how you died after you die. It will be revealed which option was the “most popular” for any given night, but don’t bitch about how you died but didn’t pick the most popular option or something, you can also die via dodgeball rules.
2. This game is meant to be extremely low-key, don’t take this shit too seriously. Definitely not like mafia-seriously.
3. The winning team is the one with players left whilst all other teams are dead.
4. Don’t be a retard. The hosts reserve the right to interpret this rule as we see fit.
5. You MUST send in an action every turn, and you must send in EXACTLY ONE action. Failure to do so results in a godkill. You must change your action every cycle (e.g. don’t choose to “dodge” two cycles in a row or something).
6. If you find a way to break the game you will be godkilled. Don’t mess it up.
7. Send all PMs to both UncleSam AND porygon3
8. This game will have cycles (or turns, either/or), and will simply proceed from one turn to the next. People will die via be unpopular or die rules on turn 1, just like during any other turn.
9. Deadlines will be pretty strict since I really don’t care about godkilling people.
10. We may add on more rules as we see fit. Note that any traditional rules we may have forgotten about dodgeball or be unpopular or die will still apply here in all liklihood.
11. The three teams are the Mafia Multinational, the Unpopular Union, and the Dodgeball Dynamic.

You will all receive PMs or contact from me on IRC with either an M, a U, or a D. This letter indicates your alliance. If you can't figure out which letter corresponds to which you may be retarded.

Also sorry to NailsOU but p3 randomed the teams last night before you signed up, he isn't on now and I don't have the scripts or whatever to redo the teams. Sorry :(

Anyhow, player list below
ALIVE (1 total)

-stevensnype-M-WINNER Turn 6

DEAD (45 Total):
Turn 1:
Kharozz-D
Phantasia-D
~NJ-D
vonFiedler-D
blue_tornado-D
iiMKUltra-D
LonelyNess-M
Quagsires-M
Da Letter El-M
Agape-M
Life Admiral-M
Mastadi-M
Amelia-M
Ultra Porygon-M
marcurcio-U
-thelucarioeffect--U
raseri-U
zorbees-U
Team Aether-U
Bunnymaster-U
Johann-U
Raverist-U

Turn 2:
the interwebs-D
polelover44-D
aura_guardian-D
RaRe555-D
lambasto-D
shade-D
coolking49-D
Slipperjeans-D
General Spoon-M
Captain Bagman-M
Jigglypuffers42-M
Thoughts-U
Earthworm-U

Turn 3:
Flamestrike-D
badalcristiano-M
alphajolt-M
altair-M
Engineer Pikachu-U
theangryscientist-U
LightWolf-U

Turn 6:
Pidge-U
billymills-U
Veedrock-THE CLOWN

Teams are random. Consult the rules to figure out what you can do/are doing.

Oh and have fun, hahahaha..........

Turn 1 ends in 48 hours. Get your PM in to me AND to P3 by that time or you will be godkilled. 48 hours from now is 12:00 GMT-5, Tuesday December 7th.

Psychology of round 1:

Pickup: everyone is going to want to do this. But, everyone knows that everyone will want to do this, so, in truth, nearly no one will pick up round 1

Throw: You don't have a ball fools, you can't do this.

Catch: Absolutely useless round 1, which is why so many people will use it. I bet it will be this that dies from being too popular.

dodge: You can only dodge twice in the game, so who would use one of their dodges to not die of popularity? Those who choose this will definitely live through round 1, but will be put at a disadvantage. Unclesam shows who used what ability so everyone will know once you've used all of your dodges.

Grope: My prediction is that this will be used by several people but not enough to be popular.

Of course, me saying all this will throw everything i just said upside down

UncleSam

Leading this village
jigglypuffers42 I do not reveal who did what.

Also you can only throw if you have a ball you picked up. You cannot catch if you have a ball in your hands, and you gain a ball automatically if you catch one.

No wrenches.

UncleSam

Leading this village
All PMs out.

I should have either contacted you on IRC with a letter OR sent you a PM titled "Circus" with a letter, either D, M, or U. If you did not receive contact from me in either of these ways PM me ASAP.

Edit: I state who died and which option was most popular, but not who died by which means, as I say in the rules.

jigglypuffers42 I do not reveal who did what.

Also you can only throw if you have a ball you picked up. You cannot catch if you have a ball in your hands, and you gain a ball automatically if you catch one.

No wrenches.
Okay, sorry. I assumed you did but instead you only show who did the most used move? Or do you say which one is most popular and you say who died but noone knows who died of popularity and who died of other means?

Cool people join me in #circus

now we are reaching a point where everyone is going to rng, so it'll be the best decision to pickup, as you have an equal chance of dying as all the others so you mine as well pick the helpful one.

The best thing you can do is to ignore me because every time i post i will flip around the entire strategy of the round.

I'm also going to think that Jig is trying to make her action be the least popular, and thus will be dodging this round.

And then, since no one else is arguing with her, the most popular action will be pickup, so grope may be a good move.

But also, you want to be helpful, and because she is saying that pickup will be the most popular, it won't be, thus pickup is a safe move.

Or people will just catch and automatically survive because everyone else considers the move horrible.

So, all in all, I have done nothing here but explain why every action can be chosen, and the rng is the best answer. And it tells me to dodge.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
jigglypuffers42 said:
dodge: You can only dodge twice in the game, so who would use one of their dodges to not die of popularity? Those who choose this will definitely live through round 1, but will be put at a disadvantage. Unclesam shows who used what ability so everyone will know once you've used all of your dodges.
I don't know if I misinterpreted the rules, but I think you can Dodge as much as you want, but you can only Dodge 2 balls over the course of the game, not being able to Dodge for 2 turns. US, can you clarify on this?
EDIT: Missed that tiny bit.

4. You may only catch one ball during the entire course of the game, as after that your hands will be too sore to catch again. It will only count against this counter if you successfully catch a ball though. You may also only dodge balls twice because after the second time you will break your ankles. Whether or not you actually dodged anything is meaningless for the purposes of how many you may perform later in the game, although any dodges used on turn 1 will not count against how many you are able to perform later.

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
<interwebs> hey unclesam what move do you not recommend?
<Jigglypuffers42> lol
<Jigglypuffers42> hopping
<UncleSam> i dont recommend idling

Psychology of round 1:

Pickup: everyone is going to want to do this. But, everyone knows that everyone will want to do this, so, in truth, nearly no one will pick up round 1

Throw: You don't have a ball fools, you can't do this.

Catch: Absolutely useless round 1, which is why so many people will use it. I bet it will be this that dies from being too popular.

Grope: My prediction is that this will be used by several people but not enough to be popular.

Of course, me saying all this will throw everything i just said upside down
rules say dodge's turn 1 won't count towards your total (i think)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)