The Clear Entry Tournament - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The OP should be up to date now. Only two extended matches remain; I hope they get done! Everyone else should be OK to get going with their next round match-ups.

I've moved Marcurcio forward because I've heard from him and haven't heard a thing from coolking. I've also moved Eternal forward because I've heard from him and not B-Lulz. All matches should be good to go for round 3. Please contact your opponents if you have not already.

Philip7086 vs. Ian15 = Philip7086, 2-0

I got a lucky crit, but he also got a two lucky misses, so it even'd out? IDK, gg though man, I like your team.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ehhhhh the only reason I haven't played Eternal is because he hasn't been in our team channel for SPL at all it seems. I realise I should have gotten to you earlier but I have only seen him once in our channel, and when I did ask for him he never responded. 1 day more for extension is all i'm asking for.

fought agamemmnon to a tie, but self-ko clause stated on the log that i won. not really sure how, but i'll take what i can get. GG

EDIT-I'm going to try to send the log to rising dusk just in case (try because sometimes my stupid computer doesnt save them)

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
snorlax and I just tied our battle... I know that self-KO clause has been removed recently from Smogon clauses, but what about this ?
I killed myself with a LO after I destroyed his last poke.
I saved the log anyway.

EDIT : after asking a few people, it seems that Self KO clause doesn't apply to LO Recoil so I guess I win this battle.

I'll talk to a tournament director about it just to be on the safe side.

EDIT: I consulted Earthworm on the matter, and since this tournament was submitted, approved, and subsequently advertised with Self-KO clause enabled, it stays enabled for the rest of this tournament regardless of its removal from newer tournaments. For this reason, ties don't exist in this tournament's ruleset and Agammemnon wins the match because he KOed snorlax's last Pokemon and then he fainted due to LO recoil.

The server d/c'd but I was at a pretty dang bad disadvantage, and a re-battle would drastically change things. We both agree that Krack gets the win, gg!

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ok ive been on all day, waiting for eternal to come on, then he never comes in our spl channel and about 30 minutes ago i find him and he leaves the PO server......................

I'm not sure what to tell you. The longer this takes, the longer I postpone the next round match your battle goes to. I'll give it until mid-day tomorrow, but then I really have to call it.

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm not agreeing your decision at all, Rising_Dusk.
I do not want to make an issue with you, so let's be clear.
You gave me the win after referring the situation to Earthworm (a Tournament director) and then on your own decision you made the REVERSED choice and give the win to my opponent ?
That's not fair and against the policies I think. You have a doubt (I had none, my opponent neither, he is just praying for his bluff to go through), referred it to a TD and he told you what to do ; Then you just apply his decision, don't you ?
Otherwise just don't ask him and go straight forward.
I'm calling the victory, because here is how I think it works, that's pure logic :
Agammemnon's last poke will be called X.
snorlax's last poke will be called Y.

Y used Low Kick (he is scarfed, locked on it.) which didn't kill X.
X used Thunderbolt, which killed Y. snorlax is then out of pokes.
THEN the Life orb recoil happens, bringing me out of pokes.
snorlax loses his last poke before I do, and I'm giving the killing blow, I don't see any reason conducing him to be given the victory.

Peace.

EDIT : If my last move were Explosion / Selfdestruct, I would totally agree with you, as my poke would have destroyed himself THEN killed Y. But here I kick first.

Ehhhhh the only reason I haven't played Eternal is because he hasn't been in our team channel for SPL at all it seems. I realise I should have gotten to you earlier but I have only seen him once in our channel, and when I did ask for him he never responded. 1 day more for extension is all i'm asking for.
I was busy during the week. And I did say I really had to go last night as it was getting late, but you probably disconnected there and didn't receive the message. Hopefully we'll get it done today.

Agammemnon said:
Y used Low Kick (he is scarfed, locked on it.) which didn't kill X.
X used Thunderbolt, which killed Y. snorlax is then out of pokes.
THEN the Life orb recoil happens, bringing me out of pokes.
snorlax loses his last poke before I do, and I'm giving the killing blow, I don't see any reason conducing him to be given the victory.
Yes, and PO clearly indicates, when you have Self-KO Clause activated, that the person that kills his own last Pokemon in the case of a Self-KO tie loses. There was an identical case in round 1 of this tournament, where the person who killed himself due to LO damage also lost, and I also consulted a TD in that situation too. I think Earthworm simply miscommunicated with me this time, because the ruling should not be different each time. I did a substantial amount of research after EW told me that, and the person who kills himself in the tie loses according to self-ko clause, which is you. This clause has been removed from standard tournaments, but because it was both approved and advertised in this tournament, it must be kept active for consistency and fairness to all parties.

EDIT:

It seems that there are conflicting definitions on PO and Smogon as to the nature of the Self-KO Clause, which is the reason for everyone's confusion on the matter. On PO, the Self-KO Clause counts any suicide as a loss, whereas Smogon has, as indicated here, enforced that recoil does not count and only moves such as Explosion/Selfdestruct/Perish Song count. This has been a confusing situation, and it seems that the first round match with zarator and drcossack was actually called incorrectly by PO, when zarator should have won. We can't fix that now, and so I will simply have to extend my apologies to zarator due to PO's incorrectness in the nature of this clause. I've talked to Earthworm again about this, and this is what we figured out. No one's at fault for the strangeness of the situation, and I hope that no one harbors any hard feelings about it. Because the Self-KO Clause on PO activated during the Agammemnon vs snorlax match due to LO recoil, Agammemnon still wins the match. I have updated the OP accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)