The Close Combat Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reporting a victory against Timetwister. Good game. On to Itsuki.

EDIT: I have sent a VM to itsuki seeking a time for playing. However, we are ahead of schedule, so I'm not worried.

Me and Sixonesix was going to have the battle, but he had connection problems. What happens to the result if he still has connection problems and its past the deadline???
It's been working fine since then, the problem now is actually getting to battle...

Sixonsix, said something about the hotel connections not working last time he requested the challenge.
So what will happen!!!!!!!
I hope Sixonsix be's a good sport and lets me go through

Oh, so thats why he was at a hotel, thank you for clearing that up, and I apologise greatly for any inconvienience I have made

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
GG, Lin, now its time to reveal the pokemon I have been using and some ;)

and here it be

Timid Glaceon (M) Level 24@ Cheri/Sitrus Berry
IV's: 31/24/30/30/30/30
EV's:
4 HP/252 Sp.Atk/252 Spe
Moveset: Shadow Ball/Hidden Power/Ice Beam/Sleep Talk
Ability: Snow Cloak
Hidden Power: Fighting, Power 68

I had been debating what pokemon I should and I should say I took a real risk not to be expecting to many fire moves at all.

Thing is I was thinking that most of the tournament would be physically based so my first thing was to look up a pokemon that could take a punch, and deal one as well
glaceons HP is a bit offputting, but 115/95 defenses paired with a 130 base special attack is nothing to scoff at :P
plus I wanted something to be able to work hile sleeping as well, Lum berry wouldve been an obvious choice I suppose, but I wanted a bit of element of surprise here so thats why I went with Cheri/Sitrus Berry.
attacks that hit every pokemon neutral seemed to be the best choice as well.

Had a lot of fun exploring the 1v1 metagame, and I think ill be continuieing to do so I suppose :P

I used a Modest Scarf Hyper Beam PorygonZ.

It was very fun and KO'd a lot of things in one hit. It was an all or nothing strategy and it was more entertaining than strategic, haha.

I used a Modest Scarf Hyper Beam PorygonZ.

It was very fun and KO'd a lot of things in one hit. It was an all or nothing strategy and it was more entertaining than strategic, haha.
I remember taking that strategy into account when building my swampert. I could survive a scarf hyper beam, but not a spec'd one.

Gah, I havent seen Sixonesix on for a long time, he has been very inactive, and I always am going on to check if he is on, its pretty annoying. So whats going to happen its nearly 1 week past the deadline, and my I annoyed that we cant get this match going
I apologise to the next opponent that is supposed to battle me or Sixonesix. But I have been very active lately
What is going to happen!!!

Gah, I havent seen Sixonesix on for a long time, he has been very inactive, and I always am going on to check if he is on, its pretty annoying. So whats going to happen its nearly 1 week past the deadline, and my I annoyed that we cant get this match going
I apologise to the next opponent that is supposed to battle me or Sixonesix. But I have been very active lately
What is going to happen!!!
I guess no one informed you that 616 is one of the people at the VGC nats, so he hasn't been able to be available, that's why there was the extension given.

Anyway, I just won against Sixonesix. Very close match, and how ironic, is that he used the same strategy my last opponent used, a CS Jirachi
But again I didnt Flinch :)

So when are the quarter-finals gonna start?
Since its way past wednesday-the deadline
who won this? seems like this is dead lol
Well, in response to both of you, I've been out of town, and haven't been able to do my match, because it had been delayed due to the nats tournament delaying my opponent's game.
Also, I believe that Ditto's been out of town, and with him missing the tournment updates slower.

GG Ferrouswheel, I lost against him. It was the quikest battle.
But I used Slaking, and he used the ultimate move which kills Slaking, so I lost

Oh well, here is the pokemon I used anyway

Slaking@ CHoice Band/Scarf
252 Atk/252 Speed/6 HP-Adamant
~Giga Impact
~Earthquake
~Shadow Claw
~Fire Punch

GG Ferrousheel, I freakin lost :(

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, in response to both of you, I've been out of town, and haven't been able to do my match, because it had been delayed due to the nats tournament delaying my opponent's game.
Also, I believe that Ditto's been out of town, and with him missing the tournment updates slower.
Sorry, it has been tough for me to see all this. Also, with only about 8 people left, the posting has gone down a good amount. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)