The Colosseum

If everything has a Shadow-form, is there actually any reason at all NOT to run said Shadow form? I think Shadows might be a little OP. Maybe make them weak to Dark seeing as it fits flavor nicely and actually gives them a weakness bar themselves?
That's one of the reasons why the members of the council are considering a Shadow clause, in which there is a limit of Shadows per teams.

And yeah, I've been ninja'd.

You point out that Shadow Moves are sketchable/etc, but not all of them can be cloned by Mirror Move. May want to check with veekun on that.

You point out that Shadow Moves are sketchable/etc, but not all of them can be cloned by Mirror Move. May want to check with veekun on that.
I say that because I'm allowing shadow moves to be used by normal pokemon and the only reason they weren't mirror moveable was to prevent that from happening.

I say that because I'm allowing shadow moves to be used by normal pokemon and the only reason they weren't mirror moveable was to prevent that from happening.
My whole point is that some can, but others can't. This table, which shows non-copiable Shadow moves, doesn't match this table, which shows copiable ones.
(ignore the non-Shadow moves in those)

Shadow Pokemon OP
Honestly, if Shadow is going to be a standalone type Pokemon either are or are not, Shadow walls will be OP, not Shadow attackers, since absolutely nothing will do better than neutral on them. Attackers would much rather have the ability to be super effective, and Shadow attackers are hard-walled by Shadow walls (Or Shadow Dry Skin Pokemon, for that matter), making them a bit lame. Eviolite Shadow Chansey is going to be hell to kill.

I wouldn't worry too much about capping them or whatever until the mod is actually coded, though.

How are players going to select Shadow? Shininess?

Is there going to be any representation of Hyper Mode/Reverse Mode? For reference, both of them cause the Pokemon to randomly disobey orders to use non-Shadow moves (In some interesting ways at that, such as returning to their Pokeball spontaneously), they both block you from using Items on the Pokemon (Auto-Klutz?), Hyper Mode increases the Critical Hit Ratio of Shadow Rush, while Reverse Mode causes the Pokemon to lose health at the end of every turn. Also apparently Pokemon outside of Reverse Mode are prone to disobeying an order to use a Shadow move.

Honestly, if Shadow is going to be a standalone type Pokemon either are or are not, Shadow walls will be OP, not Shadow attackers, since absolutely nothing will do better than neutral on them. Attackers would much rather have the ability to be super effective, and Shadow attackers are hard-walled by Shadow walls (Or Shadow Dry Skin Pokemon, for that matter), making them a bit lame. Eviolite Shadow Chansey is going to be hell to kill.

I wouldn't worry too much about capping them or whatever until the mod is actually coded, though.

How are players going to select Shadow? Shininess?

Is there going to be any representation of Hyper Mode/Reverse Mode? For reference, both of them cause the Pokemon to randomly disobey orders to use non-Shadow moves (In some interesting ways at that, such as returning to their Pokeball spontaneously), they both block you from using Items on the Pokemon (Auto-Klutz?), Hyper Mode increases the Critical Hit Ratio of Shadow Rush, while Reverse Mode causes the Pokemon to lose health at the end of every turn. Also apparently Pokemon outside of Reverse Mode are prone to disobeying an order to use a Shadow move.
shadow is not a defensive type and being shadow adds nothing other that the inability for your moves to be a type other than shadow and a full resistance to shadow.

yep shininess

nope, mainly because it's too complicated without adding to the meta in any significant way.

shadow is not a defensive type and being shadow adds nothing other that the inability for your moves to be a type other than shadow and a full resistance to shadow.
Then I think you should reword this sentence in the OP:

All Shadow Formes are pure Shadow type
Otherwise people would think that Shadow Pokemon are only Shadow-typed. Maybe something like this would work better:

Shadow Formes gain the Shadow-type as a third subtype while keeping their original typing. Example: Shadow Beedrill remains Bug/Poison, but it now gains a resistance to Shadow moves.

I'm assuming the plan, code-wise, is that there's three types added.

Shadow (Pokemon)

Shadow (Move)

Not-Shadow (Pokemon)

With Shadow (Pokemon) resisting Shadow (Move), having no other properties, and being added to Shadow Pokemon (This incidentally achieves "no Shadow STAB") while Not-Shadow (Pokemon) is added to all non-Shadow Pokemon and its only property is being vulnerable to Shadow (Move).

I'm assuming the plan, code-wise, is that there's three types added.

Shadow (Pokemon)

Shadow (Move)

Not-Shadow (Pokemon)

With Shadow (Pokemon) resisting Shadow (Move), having no other properties, and being added to Shadow Pokemon (This incidentally achieves "no Shadow STAB") while Not-Shadow (Pokemon) is added to all non-Shadow Pokemon and its only property is being vulnerable to Shadow (Move).
Shadow Pokemon also are immune to weather damage from Shadow Sky... but other than that, this seems accurate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)