The community on PS!

Hello all,

I played my fair share of pokemon during the DPP era, and I stopped playing for about two years and a half, when recently a friend convinced me to get back on the stage.

But I have been surprised to find that most of the lower-level ladder (yes I suck a little on this new metagame XD), most of the people I encounter are really different from what I have been used to, i.e. passionates pokemon fans with good sportmanship, and tend to be insulting crybabies.

Check this replay if you don't see what I mean: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou6334070

And it wasn't even the worse I've seen.

So I want to ask all the smogonites out there: do these kind of people are common all over the ladder, or does sportsmanship has retreated to the higher peaks of the ladder?

Thank you for your answers, that may lead to my complete retirement, or to me rising to the top in order to battle you gentlemen (or women ;)) .

PS: fyi I'm currently rated around 1650, so I don't consider myself to be a total scrub, however it is true that sometimes I have troubles with the meta.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Like everywhere in both internet and real life, there's good blokes and assholes in PS. I find the whole community to be really nice overall, one of the best behaved I've seen in a while.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Smogon (and the PS!) simulator wants to create a pleasant and enjoyable experience for everyone, be it in the chat or during a battle. If someone is abusing you, post the battle link to a mod, where they can judge if its worth a mute or other such punishment. Its also worth noting that if someone is insulting you, don't bite back or you are equally at fault, just refer the case to a moderator or above and it will be handled in the appropriate manner.

Thank you ginganinja I didn't know of this possibility. And you're right, maybe it wasn't really the smartest move I could have made to provoke him. I will now go back to the ladder, and i'll just ignore people like him. I hope we meet on the ladder someday ^^

Basically, the higher your ACRE value, the higher ranked you are. What did you mean by your rating going down when you win, and do you by any chance have a screenshot of it happening?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)