The Competitor: Issue #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Jabba's tabloids are gold. Literally, those things are practically the currency of most third world countries.

Great read! Keep up the good work.

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Not really sure how Eradd got the idea that I had anything to do with the trade or "trading myself"...it's pretty ridiculous how you write "it's unclear blah blah" but yet you didn't even bother to ask yondie, me etc. what actually happened before writing it up.

I never once tried to trade myself, get your facts straight before you start implying stuff like this.

maybe you should talk to both sides before writing shit. (this pissed me off)
That said, I hope Eo writes an article every week, really good read overall.

Remember hosts, if you want coverage on your tournament (or in general if you want to write a piece about a tournament you're currently in or hosting), shoot me a PM!

Uh, just to clarify, I did reach out to yondie before anybody else regarding the pana trade, and this was his reply to me:

yondie said:
im not going to have e-access for till saturday night late. If it has to do w/ trading money for players etc before sunday then talk to panamaxis as he is my acting manager now.
So I talked to pana, who redirected me to Lady Salamence. Then Smurf PM'd me telling me Hunt gave him negotiation rights for the pana trade. So in other words, yondie was literally the only person confused by the entire situation. I in no way was trying to be sneaky, seeing as I contacted yondie first. If anything, yondie fucked everything up by not sticking to his transfer of managerial powers. You shouldn't be able to announce that someone else is in charge while you're away, and then revoke any decision made by that person upon your arrival. But whatever, I stopped caring. Just setting the record straight.

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Ya i probably should of been more clear in my PM response to Phil (that i didnt read because i was in a rush) that Pana was put in place as a temporary assistant GM until i could return since i didn't trust LS to make my midseason pickups. I also noted 'trading money for players' meaning I had no intention of trading any of MY PLAYERS. (Also, lol smurf was lying because Hunt hasn't been on since before that whole incident and (smurf) is banned)

Overall it was a huge miscommunication, one stupid move by Lady Salamence, and I never once suggested foul play by anyone once I had calmed down from arriving. The writer of the article portrayed the whole situation in a bad light. LN's rule was that a GM can overrule a trade an assistant makes and thats how shit went down...no hard feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)