The Concert Thread

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
no

no

NOOOoooOOoOOoOOOoOOOOooooOOOoOOOOoo

jeff mangum skipped my town. damnit this sucks, i should've caught him last year but i wasn't a huge nmh fan at the time. same shit happened with radiohead, too, they finally visited but i wasn't big into them and now i'm punching my fat face

what good bands are touring off the top of your heaD?

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
just cos i haven't posted anything on the gaga concert all the way back in june, so here's a couple of photos

my btw ball ticket hung up on my wall (amongst a mass of gaga posters and articles; i'm obsessed) to remind me of how i'll never have this experience ever again wah

This was during Black Jesus Amen Fashion i'm pretty sure

I think this was taken during her performance of the acoustics version of Hair

This was either at the end of Scheisse or Marry The Night, can't remember:

honestly, it was was the most amazing experience ever.

Lining up at 8 am for a good 11 hours was so mentally draining and boring. we were in a group of 4 so we just took turns to do stuff like chill at the park, go shopping, get lunch etc.

i was like 2 meters away from Godga and the bitch is so gorgeous inside and out and she’s such a good entertainer too. so much life. i didn’t think i’d cry but i ended up crying for like 10 minutes when she began singing the acoustic version of Hair, and her following it up with You And I made me even more of a mess omg. my friend I was with the whole time cried as well but through Edge Of Glory and Marry The Night omfg we were hot messes.

it was absolutely electric and it's so tough to remember specific things that happened that night cos I was so drunk off the atmosphere (we brought in alky but we didn't have any) and my voice was gone and my feet was dead by the end of the night.

and this chick who we made friends with while lining up during that 11 hours got to see Gaga backstage cause she made an amazing shirt for Gaga and threw it on stage. So lucky and I was so happy for her! and some girl got to dance with gaga on stage too.

I was so emotionally, mentally and physically exhausted at the end lol. my voice was gone from all the screaming, my feet hurt to the point where I couldn’t wiggle my toes without pain, my knees and legs were fucked up, ears were ringing but it was so worth it because the concert was perfect, she was perfect.

can't wait for the next time she comes back to Sydney.

Gojira, a local glam band that covers pop songs (a lot better than it sounds), The Algorithm and HeKz, all on consecutive weeks. And Katatonia/Alcest on the 19th of this month. Overall, I've had gigs of all shapes and sizes over the past month (and another one still to come) and every single one of them has been excellent. And that's not even counting Paradise Lost/Insomnium/Megadeth/all the local bands I've had the pleasure of seeing earlier on in the year. 2012 has been SO good.

Just saw Alexisonfire in Sydney for their farewell tour. Dislocated my knee in the pit during Dog's Blood and was carried out, but was back in the crowd quick enough to not miss too much. Such a powerful show, everyone in the crowd seemed to be on the same wavelength. By the time they played Happiness By the Killowatt to finish, there was already a good amount of watery eyes as everyone said goodbye to both a band and a decade. A good night to say the least.

I'm bumping this thread to add a few things

Matisyahu was a really weird concert, but it was awesome. Don't go if you don't love him, it'd be a bit weird

Pretty Lights was the coolest thing I've ever seen. Ever. Hands down.

I'm going to Passion Pit in a few weeks, that should be pretty sick, it's a bit more alternative and less rave, but I hear theyre pretty good live.

I'm looking for a few more concerts in the NYC area similar to pretty lights, dillon francis, or really anything EDM or ravey or dubstep or house. Pretty much anything really wild in the NYC-CT area.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Finally something I can contribute to!
I work as a bartender at a live music venue. I live in Australia and listen to triple-j religiously which works out great because they support most of the acts we get. It's mostly Aussie rock stuff like Birds of Tokyo, British India, Redcoats, Karnivool, as well as stuff like Xavier Rudd, Ash Grunwald and Pete Murray. Needless to say it's a sweet job!

As for stuff I like to go to, I like to get around more electronics stuff so I've seen stuff like Rusko (one of the more fun sets I've been to), Benga (heaps better live), Nero, Modestep, Feed Me, Disclosure, Flosstradamus, and other stuff like that when they come here.

We've got a pretty killer local scene here too. I've seen Flume maybe 5 times, and maybe the best gig I've ever been to, Chet Faker. He has the voice of an angel and an even better beard. He also gets a full band to help out (members of his support acts) who complimented him perfect. Really worth a see

I was really hoping to get a Big Day Out ticket purely to see the Red Hot Chilli Peppers but couldn't afford it right after Christmas :(

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I forgot to mention that I saw Jeff Mangum a couple weeks ago, first show of his new tour

fucking incredible

anyone here seen death grips live?

theyre playing in tokyo on the 31st and i kinda wanna go but its like sixty dollars and theyre playing for an hour. shows are way too expensive here.

Have any of you been to msg? I have a problem. My friend bought a West General Admission ticket when the rest of our group has East General Admission. West is much better because it's closer to the stage, but he still wants to be with our group. For people who have been to msg concerts, do you remember the situation with the GA sections and if he's going to be able to just come over to our section? Do you think someone at the concert will be willing to trade with him to get a better ticket?

I'm actually at the Fonda Theater in Hollywood. Eels are playing in a half hour. Will edit later about the performance :)

EDIT: I've been to a lot of shows, including the Foo Fighters, Kings of Leon, Rage Against the Machine, Stone Temple Pilots, Cake, etc. And most of them lived up to expectations/reputation. However, my experience tonight with Eels surpassed anything that I could have imagined possible, and it sets the bar for any shows I will see for the rest of my life.

They may not be the best band in the world, but it was perfect for me; I eagerly anticipate seeing them again

Alice

The worst taste in music
Saw The Cure last sunday...

they played 4hrs 15min straight at full power... I still can't believe how, after 30 years, they can still convey so much emotions through their music/performances...

Definitely one of the best concerts ever for me!

I love this thread.. no much conversation but its a good reminder of bands to look out for.

I just saw Tech Nine on 4/20 in Omaha
Attila about a month a go
Pierce the Veil in March
The Dirty Heads (soooooo fucking good) two months ago.

And I wonder where all of my money goes..

A bunch of summer music festivals coming up.. whos going where!?

I plan on buying tickets for the Boston Calling music festival. I'm probably only going to be able to afford to go on Saturday because I'm poor but I'm a huge fan of The Shins so that's cool. Still the Sunday show has some awesome acts that I'd love to be able to see. :(

kendrick lamar, travis porter, and steve aoki are visiting my college tomorrow to give an open air concert

if I remember any of it, I'll let you guys know how it was

Festivals are probably a topic of their own, but I'm going to Pukkelpop this August, it's gonna be insane. Line-up is already starting to shape up quite well, and there's still new names rolling in.

Also, Crystal Fighters next month - excited as hell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)