The Concert Thread

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I saw Linkin Park back in Febuary, it was amazing. The played Numb halfway through the concert, and everyone in the audience that could physically stand was standing and then they kept everyone up until the very end, wow.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
why anyone at a Linkin Park show was sitting in the first place makes no sense

The Dillinger Escape Plan is in Buffalo tonight for only $16, but I can't justify wasting my night to see them because everything after Calculating Infinity is pretty crap

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
tegan and sara were great, they're so lovely and fucking hilarious and totally cute. shame they had to play in the sydney opera house but, cos the whole seated concert thing ruined the vibe a little. still amazing tho

i still don't feel like anyone will top gaga's btw ball for me

Saw Crystal Fighters last night in Amsterdam, and it was everything I hoped it would be. They are such an extraordinary bunch (lead singer Sebastian would make a great Jesus stand-in), but every single one of them is so amazingly good at what they do. It's very clear that these people have found something they love doing, and that radiates onto the audience, which was great. Songs like I Love London really got the crowd moving, and Plage was huge in the Netherlands, so everyone was singing along to that. Amazing atmosphere.

After the show, I had the opportunity to quickly speak to some of them while they were signing, and they really are fantastic people. Got a signed shirt and poster out of it, too!

Seeing them again in August, and I'm already looking forward to it. If the Fighters happen to play close to where you live (they are touring the States in June, and Europe again in November), go see them, it's brilliant.

massive necro but i don't want to make a new thread

saw god is an astronaut a few months ago and they were awesome. going to see and so i watch you from afar on december 29th and neutral milk hotel in may of next year (soooooo excited *-*).

anyone seen anyone cool lately / going to see anyone cool?

Asek

Banned deucer.
Going to Big Day Out next month, very keen to see Pearl Jam live. So many good names playing (but blur got cancelled :'( gdi) it definitely looks like it will be worth the price

massive necro but i don't want to make a new thread

saw god is an astronaut a few months ago and they were awesome. going to see and so i watch you from afar on december 29th and neutral milk hotel in may of next year (soooooo excited *-*).

anyone seen anyone cool lately / going to see anyone cool?
Neutral Milk Hotel was fantastic when I saw them a little over a month ago, Jeff Mangum's voice is still perfectly intact in all of its off key glory, and Julian Koster still does magical things with a singing saw. A+ concert.

On another note, I'm strongly considering going to see Amon Amarth with Enslaved and Skeletonwitch in January, which would be 10% to see Skeletonwitch and 90% to see Enslaved (I don't mind Amon Amarth and I'm sure they'll put on a good show, I just wouldn't pay to see them without the supporting acts that I like).

Last edited:
Another necro

Saw Eels tonight, better than last year.
Steve Perry came out and sang some Journey songs.
It was an incredible night.
Don't stop believing!

Last edited:
I saw Nine Inch Nails in my city (Milan, Italy) a few months ago, the opener was Mike Patton with its band Tomahawk, it was fantastic. Trent Reznor was fucking amazing and the songs were my favourites, also the pogo was fantastic.

gorgie

formerly Floppy, now Rock hard
went to governor's ball. saw outkast, run the jewels, and tv on the radio. epic as fuck.

that aside, i have a question.

any one here seen Röyksopp live before? if yes, how was it? im thinking of flying a few thousand miles for a shot at it soon but i need some opinions first

its on my bucket list to see Röyksopp Forever live, but if it's not worth the strain and extra haggle of flying and arranging accommodation etc i can always put it off til a more convenient time.

going to see arcade fire tonight!!! can't fucking wait!

i saw the war on drugs a few months ago. A+. they played for like 3.5 hours.

likely going to the boston calling on sep 5 (the national, neutral milk hotel and future islands)

would love to go the other two days as well (childish, nas, the roots, the war on drugs, girl talk, AND MY GIRL LORDE) but it's go one day or none at all.

damn, I was gonna see Judas Priest when they came to my hometown, but something came up and I ended up not being able to go.

I went to some local show on the Friday, and the cops showed up and busted it. It was on some lot in downtown, and apparently one of the nearby bars complained. I was pissed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)