The Cutest Sprites and Models

I wouldn't necessarily say cuter.. but I definitely agree that their sprites improved their personality which solidified 2 of my already favourite pokemon (besides gengar and gyarados of course)

You know, I'm surprised that nobody's brought up the Mystery Dungeon sprites. I think their low resolution actually makes them look cuter, since it's left to the player's eyes to fill in the details.

That made me think about something else instead: the HG/SS overworld sprites. Among the cutest sprites we have...

The Kanto Assemble

The Johto Team

The Hoenn Gang

The Sinnoh Squad

But a lot of PMD sprites are indeed really cute.

You know, I'm surprised that nobody's brought up the Mystery Dungeon sprites. I think their low resolution actually makes them look cuter, since it's left to the player's eyes to fill in the details.

It was difficult to avoid. With such small sprites they had to accentuate certain aspects. Up to some point one could even think they are in a super-deformed style.

I find certain mugshots cuter (Than what one normally expects), however.

Well... since I started X, I think I fell in love to Braixen. Tairenar-chan has most unique animation with her magic wand. Often open PC just to watch her gracefully twirling her wand.

Popplio's entry in the trailers looks fun.

Also, for you who debates about Gen6's cutest, I present you this.

And... maybe Cinccino's slap. Fun to watch.

Last edited:
Well... since I started X, I think I fell in love to Braixen. Tairenar-chan has most unique animation with her magic wand. Often open PC just to watch her gracefully twirling her wand.

Popplio's entry in the trailers looks fun.

Also, for you who debates about Gen6's cutest, I present you this.

And... maybe Cinccino's slap. Fun to watch.
Espurr is really cute. Creepy, but cute.

So many cutemons that I don't even know where should I start.
Well I just love the pokémon shuffle sprites (as for the game itself, not so much) so I am going to start with them. I guess that the beautiful shading, the bigger eyes and the big black outline from these sprites helped most pokemon at becoming much, much cuter looking.
Now lets go for some main game sprites.
I just find it adorable how it is trying its hardest to look menacing by roaring at you, but that only makes it cuter in my opinion.

I don't really know why but I just love the chubbier looking Pichu from gen 2.
Yeah, it is Aron again, but come on, it is like the cutest pokémon ever in my opinion, and knowing that it is going to become the baddass that Aggron is, is just 100% awesome.
I love how it keeps doing these little jumps, and it reminds me a lot of my Yorkshire.
This is an odd case. The sprite itself doesn't depict Charmander too well, but the fact that is trying to breath fire and making this hug like movement makes it earn a lot of cuteness points to me.
The best Dragonite sprite period. It just looks adorable, who could tell it is such a beast in competitive (by the way, his gen 6 sprite destroyed everything that the gen 2 one did).
I comitted a criminal mistake for forgeting to include Wooper's gen 6 model, so I HAD to edit this post. Just look at that face and dem movements tho.
If I had to say, I think that the champions of cute sprites are in my opinion Pokemon GSC and Pokemon Shuffle.

Last edited:
1597673792601.png

Are we just going to ignore Emerald's Sandshrew? Look at how cute it is, giving the opposing trainer a friendly wave. Makes me feel bad when I'm forced to knock it out too.

1597674023939.png

Where is Sneasel heading of to? Probably its demise as I 1hko it with a mach punch.

1597674112972.png

Raichu looks like he's thinking of commiting mischevious deeds, ranging from a playful prank to tax evasion. It may have a base 110 speed, but no one can outrun the IRS.

Also on a side note thank god Game Freak made the 3d models so lifeless, I actually feel bad for murdering beating them up in the back alley of a wallmart to grind that sweet EXP.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I'd post pics if I could find them, but everyone that's played Sword/Shield has seen Wooloo. I'd say 'nuf said, but I don't think the cutest Pokemon having just a cute model is enough for a cutest models thread. Wooloo's attack animation on the other hand, 'nuf said. It rolls into the opponent and bounces back! (I've complained about this before, but why can't Wooloo learn Rollout?)

Thank you DrumstickGaming for liking one of my posts here to remind me this thread exists; why did we ever abandon it

I'd heard the Bublasaur line was based on frogs and knew it was probably true. Now I can finally believe it.

:BW/Emolga:

Emolga, while still a “Pikaclone,” I think is quite adorable. While not very good ultimately, they at least gave it a pretty good type and Ability. The animation is very dynamic and cute too!
Uh... Kind of off topic, but you may want to check out the Restricted Sparring thread.
View attachment 261992
He will toxic stall your entire team with a smile on his face :D
I'll say what I said there. Never underestimate squirrels.

If you ask me the cutest (or best) Pokémon sprite, then there are these two that comes to my mind and knowing how they look like without looking them up on the web.

Ignoring the fact that Eevee is cute and favoured by many, I think this FR/LF Eevee sprite puts Eevee right on the spot. Now I look at it a bit longer it is perhaps the baby face that makes me go "Aww". One of my favourite sprites of all Pokémon and (ofcourse) the best Eevee sprite/model in my opinion. I am surprised nobody mentioned it before.

Another favourite of mine. Again, ignoring the fact Mew is a favourite by many, I think this Emerald sprite of Mew is very well done. And the pose is very playfull, just like Mew's character. It is definitely my favourite sprite of Mew. Unlike FR/LF Eevee, this sprite of Mew had been mentioned in the topic before, though.

Another sprite that has been mentioned in this topic and of which I agree is very, very cute is Bellossom:

The shiny sprite of HG/SS Bellossom is even better, in my opinion. I honestly think they made this Bellossom sprite a bit too skinny, but somehow it makes this sprite even more cute than the 'avarage' Bellossom. Almost looks like some sort of fairy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)