1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

The Dastardly Deadly Danger Duck of Doom and Destruction (OU)

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Cinesra, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Cinesra

Cinesra

Because alliteration is cool

Introduction
    I've had an affinity for underrated Pokemon for a while now. This team showcases a good example of a Pokemon that deserves to be used more than it is. That Pokemon's name is Porygon2. Combine excellent Defenses with Eviolite, a nice base 105 Special Attack, and a fun ability in Trace and you have Porygon2.

Team-Building Process
    [​IMG]
    I started off with the star of the show, Porygon2.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Next, Breloom was added to stop Sciztom, check bulky Waters, and absorb status.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Then, Slowbro was added to be a Physical wall
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Since I have a Physical wall, I need a Special wall, too. That's where Jirachi comes in.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Next, Dragonite was added to check common Sun Pokemon.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Then, I decided on Infernape to set up SR, scout, and stall-break.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Later, I was made aware of how hazards could be a problem, so I needed to add a spinner. Infernape was the most replacable Pokemon on my team, so Donphan was added to not only spin, but set up SR and check Toxicroak. However, I was missing a stall-breaker, so I switched Dragonite for Salamence.
    The Team
    [​IMG]
    Donphan (M)[​IMG]
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    [​IMG]Stealth Rock
    [​IMG]Rapid Spin
    [​IMG]Earthquake
    [​IMG]Toxic
    Description: Donphan does little besides Spin and set up SR. The only other thing he contributes is checking Toxicroak. Toxic is here to nail common bulky Water switch-ins, especially Jellicent. Plus, Ice Shard is depressingly weak. I ran Infernape before, but it was pointed out to me how much my team would appreciate Spin support, so that's why Donphan is here. I could've run a different spinner, such as Starmie, but then I'd have 2 Water/Psychics on my team, and the only other place I could fit SR on would be Jirachi, and all of his moves are important to me. His Water, Ice, and Grass weaknesses are covered by Salamence, Slowbro, Jirachi, and Breloom.
    [​IMG]
    Breloom (M)[​IMG]
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 236 HP / 212 SDef / 60 Spd
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    [​IMG]Spore
    [​IMG]Bulk Up
    [​IMG]Drain Punch
    [​IMG]Seed Bomb
    Description: Breloom is here primarily to check the Sciztom teams that are even more annoying than they are common. Prepare to be hit with a Spore, essentially eliminating a Pokemon due to the new Sleep mechanics. Have fun dealing with Breloom after a Bulk Up boost, too. Since Porygon2 is Trick-bait, Breloom is amazing at punishing my opponent by letting them have his Toxic Orb. Breloom's other job is to check bulky Waters, Ferrothorn, Tyranitar, etc. Not only can jr be a dangerous sweeper, but he also provides valuable status absorbing and sleep spreading support. His Fire, Flying, Psychic, Poison, and Ice are covered by Slowbro, Jirachi, Salamence, and Donphan.
    [​IMG]
    Salamence (M)[​IMG]
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    [​IMG]Dragon Dance
    [​IMG]Dragon Claw
    [​IMG]Fire Blast
    [​IMG]Earthquake
    Description: Salamence is my main check to Sun teams and Breloom. I wanted something to not only do this, but destroy the annoying Skarmbliss/Blisscor cores, so Salamence was perfect for the job. I have Dragon Claw over Outrage to be able to switch between moves, allowing me to stall-break better. Fire Blast is for Skarmory, Gliscor, Ferrothorn, etc. EQ is to round finish off my coverage and OHKO Heatran and Ninetales. Lum Berry is to save sweeps. I originally ran Dragonite to check Sun teams, but since I needed a Spinner, I ended up replacing my stall-breaker, Infernape, and this Salamence set seemed like the best option to me. His Ice, Rock, and Dragon weaknesses are covered by Donphan, Breloom, Jirachi, and Slowbro.
    [​IMG]
    Porygon2[​IMG]
    Trait: Trace
    EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    [​IMG]Thunderbolt
    [​IMG]Ice Beam
    [​IMG]Thunder Wave
    [​IMG]Recover
    Description: Now we've reached the digital Pokemon of the hour, Porygon2. Eviolite raises his already decent Defenses to amazing heights. Pory2's Trace ability lets me have some fun trolling opponents. He Intimidates Gyarados and Salamence right back before slamming them with 4x Super Effective moves. He gives Heatran and Chandelure a taste of their own medicine by copying Flash Fire. Copying things like Multiscale, Levitate, Poison Heal, Natural Cure, etc is pretty great, too. Not only is Porygon2 a great mixed back-up wall and an ability troll, but it can hit back with Boltbeam. I'm using Tbolt over Discharge because it hits harder. His Fighting weakness is covered by Slowbro and Salamence.
    [​IMG]
    Jirachi[​IMG]
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
    [​IMG]Body Slam
    [​IMG]Iron Head
    [​IMG]Fire Punch
    [​IMG]Wish
    Description: Jirachi is both my Special wall and a support Pokemon. It checks Pokemon such as Tornadus, Reuniclus, Gengar, Lati@s, and so on. Rachi also provides valuable Wish and Paralysis support. Fire Punch is to punish Ferrothorn, Magnezone, and Scizor that think they can switch into me safely in addition to having something else to hit Gengar with after Disable. I've had many matches where Jirachi saves the day with his amazing hax and Wishing. I don't run the standard Speed EVs because I don't run Ice Punch, so why bother with Gliscor when I could have more bulk? His weaknesses to Fire and Ground are covered by Salamence, Breloom, and Slowbro.
    [​IMG]
    Slowbro (F)[​IMG]
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    [​IMG]Scald
    [​IMG]Ice Beam
    [​IMG]Psychic
    [​IMG]Slack Off
    Description: Slowbro is my favorite Physical wall, and for good reason. He has a few things that Skarmory and Gliscor don't. First of all, he has Regenerator. Should I get low on health, I can just switch out and have 1/3 replenished. He's also one of the best Terrakion checks out there. With 29 Speed IVs, he's slower than Conkeldurr, so he takes less damage from Payback before hitting back with STAB Psychic. He can spread Burns with Scald and doesn't care about Ice Punches or HP Ices like Gliscor. Similarly, he doesn't care about surprise Fire moves like Skarmory does. At least one of his weaknesses are covered by each member of the rest of the team.

Threats​
    The only thing that I've been unable to handle is Scrafty. Thankfully, he's been dropping in usage, but it still a threat.
  2. Cinesra

Cinesra

Bumping to hopefully get back on the first page and more than 200 views and 0 responses.
  3. Dragonmist19

Dragonmist19

First off,your team has 2 physical walls,1 special wall,1 attacker being used as a wall,and two physical attackers so good luck with pokemon with high defense so i would suggest kinda start your team from scratch with 1 physical wall,1 special wall,1 mix attacker/wall(your choice),a physical attacker,a special attacker and some sorta lead like to set up entry hazards(yes i know your ape but you put stealth rock on a sweeping set not a lead set with sash or something like that)and if your going to use slowbro give it eviolite instead of lefties or even switch it out for gastrodon with water asorb to cover some weaknesses but besides slowbro some fast fire based attackers(like heatran) or even worse could dominate your team.(thats all i have to say for now) and about the whole gastrodon thing i suggest this set.

[​IMG]
    Gastrodon (Gastrodon) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Storm Drain
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Toxic
    - Ice Beam
    - Earth Power
    - Recover

(even though its a special wall you could still use it if you edit some stuff on your team)And if you plan on using gastro i suggest use something like heatran too.(i have a set for that.

[​IMG]
    Heatran (Heatran) (M) @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 128 HP / 252 SAtk / 128 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Substitute
    - Earth Power
    - Flamethrower
    - Flash Cannon
  4. Cinesra

Cinesra

How exactly does replacing Slowbro with Gastrodon not make me extremely weak to Fighting Pokemon such as Lucario, Conkeldurr, Mienshao, and Terrakion, and other Pokemon like Dragonite and Landorus? Why does Heatran have Flash Canon? Also, your summary of my team is off. I have one Physical wall, one Special wall, one mixed/back-up wall, two bulky offensive sweepers, and a mixed attacker/stall-breaker.
  5. Bigblue

Bigblue

Any kind of offensive Rotom-H wrecks this team (They are becoming more common in OU)

Overheat wrecks Jirachi
    - Choice scarf Overheat does 77.23-91.34% damage
    - Expert belt or life orb OHKO Jirachi

Thunderbolt destroys slowbro and even if he uses the overheat he can still volt switch after since you have no ground types.
    - Choice scarf modest thunderbolt does 90.61-106.6% damage
    - Choice scarf timid thunderbolt does 81.47-96.7% damage
    - -2 spec attack choice scarf modest rotom-H volt switch does 33.5-39.59% damage
    - -2 spec attack choice scarf timid rotom-H volt switch does 30.46-36.55% damage
    - -2 spec attack life orb/ expert belt modest rotom-H volt switch does 43.4-51.02% damage
    - -2 spec attack life orb/ expert belt timid rotom-H volt switch does 40.36-47.21% damage

Porygon 2 can take a bunch of hits from Rotom-H but since Porygon 2 is your only safe switch the opponent can easily volt switch into a counter to P-2. This poses a huge threat to your wall makeup and I suggest you add at least a ground type to this team to stop Rotom from volt switching. Or a Jolteon or something that absorbs the volt switch.
  6. Cinesra

Cinesra

While I see how Rotom-H can be dangerous, I don't see how it's becoming more common in OU. Last month, it was 134th in usage stats. To put that in perspective; it's used less than Mr. Mime. I think it's safe to say that it's irrelevant, but I will consider another Special wall or something immune to Electric moves. Thanks.
  7. Dragonmist19

Dragonmist19

Sorry,i was really out of it when i wrote that up so i was off on this stuff but answerer me this,how dose your team cope with toxic besides just healing moves on sorta 5 of your Pokemon(i said sorta 5 because drain punch is sorta a healing move). It really doesn't besides the before stated healing moves.The only way with keeping your current members to sorta deal with this problem is giving your dragonite heal bell.But even then your current dragonite is a physical attacker with some more hp then the average physical sweeping dragonite,so i would actually suggest try putting a healer on your team or just cope with toxic stalling or add heal bell to dragonite.

Secondly i like your creativity for your breloom set but your sorta using it for something else its not made for,breloom with a max of 229 special defense which dragonite,and jarachi have a higher special defense then with 0 special defense evs and porygon2 with only 16 evs in special defense without a nature boost.And i have noticed all your teams sets are all the common smogon sets(the first ones on the list with a few changes in a matter of fact,except porygon2 which is the second set but back on topic). I would suggest you look at your teams synergy(how well your team can work together in battle).

Besides all of that your team is average and i would suggest you go test out your team more and see how you do against threats like conkeldurr and weather(rain,sun,sand,hail).
  8. Cinesra

Cinesra

I have no idea what you're talking about when you say Poison is an issue. Breloom has Posion Heal, Dragonite has a Lum Berry, and Jirachi is immune to Poison. Breloom uses his ability to absorb the Toxics aimed at Slowbro and Porygon2. Even Slowbro and Pory2 don't worry too much about Toxic. Slowbro has Regenerator, so I can switch out to not only reset the Poison damage counter, but heal a lot, too. I can also switch Pory2 in on a Gliscor to Trace Poison Heal, if I'm lucky.

I know exactly how well I do against Conkeldurr. Slowbro is slow enough to not take full damage from Payback and can hit back hard with STAB Psychic.

You seem to be really bothered by BU Breloom. I think that if you've tried it, you'd see how good it actually is. BUloom is probably the best check to Scrotom out there.
  9. Aadvaki

Aadvaki

This is a very balanced team. Let's just break this down:

Infernape's best counter here is Timid Starmie, not neccesarily with Choice Scarf. Easy outspeed and KO with Scald, or, heaven forbid, Surf. (Yeah, imagine seeing that) But seriously, Rapid Spin Starmie will have a field day with some of your team here, seeing as you have no real safe switch, as Starmie can punish your Slowbro with a T-Bolt, and it will do roughly 70-80% damage based on the fact you have no SpD EVs. Now, I'm not gunna be like, "Invest in them NOW!" but it's most likely that Starmie will be a huge pain. Porygon2 is infintely better, but then the opponent can switch into Heatran or Magnezone. I'd recommend making Infernape faster to just outspeed non-Scarfed Starmie and killing it with U-Turn; or, at the very least, crippling it. Other than that, beware of anything Scarfed that can unexpectedly land the killing blow. Scarfed Dugtrio, I'm looking at you. As for the moveset, it's one of the better SR movesets I've seen, no worries there. Life Orb is debatable, since you do want to set up rocks and GTFO, but hey, it's your ape.

Breloom without Mach Punch...interesting. T-Tar with 140 Speed EVs outspeeds and can either Roar you out (T-Tar phazers ftw, by the way) and really anything with more than a few Speed EVs outspeeds and roars. 160 Atk Donphan especially likes doing his stupid little Ice Shard which is a 2HKO, even after a Bulk Up. Spore is pretty debatable on this set (I feel Substitute might be more convenient). Me, I usually go with Mach Punch on Bulk Up sets, mainly due to low power, but I suppose Drain Punch is okay, too. Investment in the HP and SpD departments is really debatable: I would sacrifice some speed, get the Mach Punch, and then start filling up on those Defense EVs. You're not guaranteed to survive Jirachi and Infernape's Fire Punch or Flare Blitz, but at least there's somewhere to start. It being a Scizor counter is pretty neat, and type coverage allows it to take out some of the bigger steel baddies like Heatran and Skarmory. Could I recommend Giga Drain, by chance? It doesn't fit with this Breloom too well, but seeing as your keeping your HP up fairly well, why not have a STAB absorbtion move? I don't know, I just think it could be a good idea. Probably wouldn't be.

Dragonite's got swag. Your type coverage doesn't extend to Skarmory and any other Steel type with a Balloon (and with Substitute, no less; hello Balloon Heatran) but what you going to do. Multiscale + Roost is genius, by the way; yes, keep Multiscale, Inner Focus is entirely worthless unless you're fighting Jirachi, who's probably just going to use Ice Punch for the kill anyway. For EVs, you're fine; although, one issue I'm seeing with this team is that you limit your Atk and SpA EVs because you're confident that you can get your buffs up while enemies do their futile efforts to defeat you. Not how it works, sorry, as Phazers will have a field day with this team. Back to Dragonite. The moves are cool. Maybe go for Fire Punch or whatever Fire move Dragonite gets? Ah, whatever. Just be careful of those floating steels who like sitting behind Subs. They would be indestructible, and your Jirachi is not guaranteed to take them out too easily on a switch.

Ah, another Pokemon who can't do crap to Heatran. You really need to find a way to get rid of floating Phazing Trans other than your ape. Anyways, this Jirachi's looking pretty swag. Got the cheap effects, got the good attack power, got the Sub to take care of everything. Good thing you can punish Magnezones. Sorry for cutting this short, but this looks like a standard physical Jirachi.

Slowbro could probably have more attack power, seeing as you have no boosts to it other than a measly 6 SpA EVs. With that, a ton of things can wall this moveset, and things that don't resist the moves can still make do anyway. Seriously, you can keep your STAB attacks, but in case you want Jellicent and god knows what else, get a more practical move onto that set. Also, Terrakion can still Swords Dance and X-Scissor, Rotom-H can have fun with Thunder and Volt Switch, you still have the possibility of just getting roared out until a later point in the battle, etc. This Slowbro, while taking out alot of the Fighting threats (which is a very good thing, don't get me wrong) can't do a whole lot else, and lets other Pokemon set up. You were complaining about Scrafty? Well, one Dragon Dance and an ensurance that Multiscale is broken later can sweep through your team. Beware.

Finally, the standard, yet incredibly deadly, Porygon2 standard set. Very nice all around. I can't find many complaints with this one. Maybe a stat-boosting move somewhere? Ah, whatever. Conkeldurr can have a fine time with this thing, and set up it's Sub to later 2HKO your Slowbro with Payback. Terrakion can do something similar with Swords Dance. You also, yet again, have no means of dealing with floating Heatran. Thunderbolt only works so much. Other than that, I'm not really going to nitpick. Just be careful of those who can set up without fear of the BoltBeam, and especially beware your Toxic not working or being beneficial. Other than that, this thing like all standard Porygon2s has got swag.

So yeah, my rating and suggestion. OK, you get a 8.5/10. Most of your pokemon bar the Infernape have no way of dealing with Phazers, and after a Rapid Spin, they won't have anything to fear. Let me try and see if I can get you a better way of dealing with pokes like Skarmory and Heatran who can and will be so annoying after Infernape dies (quite easily, at that) And here it is:

Show Hide
    Rotom-W (?) @Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    252 HP/160 SpA/92 SpD
    Nature: Calm (+SpD,-Atk)
    -Volt Switch
    -Hydro Pump
    -Thunderbolt
    -Will-O-Wisp

Okay, here's my reasoning: you're team is centered around being bulky. I decided to make a Pokemon who was specially defensive, yet could take a physical hit (unless it's something strong and supereffective) and respond with Will-O-Wisp. While most of your team can deal with most Phazers, this little ghost takes out the last couple of Phazers that are commonly used on OU teams. Volt Switch is just to switch, but Thunderbolt and Hydro Pump are how you're gonna tear things up. Remember that floating Heatran I keep warning you about? Hydro Pump it's face. Scizor and Terrakion will also be crippled, and Starmie can't hit with anything supereffective (unless it has HP Grass; highly unlikely). Just consider him, not asking you to use him.

I really hope my summary and critique was a little better than a certain user's, and that it actually helps.
  10. Dragonmist19

Dragonmist19

Just to clear things up,if conkeldurr sets up bulk ups he can do work aginst your team and somebody would try to take out slowbro before setting up with conkeldurr.With the toxic issue,after lum berry dragonites able to be hit with toxic or even wow and breloom can still be burned,making it sorta more useless and most people taunt breloom with the spore,subsitute,focus punch and filler move combo.but since breloom dosen't have allot of speed as it usually would with this set your running it could be taunted then not be able to bulk up.Then after that really if your down to your ape,slowbro and porygon2 your pretty much open to toxic stalling and you can't really hope to trace a poison heal from a gliscor.And i just don't like breloom thats all,i haven't even used breloom besides going through pokemon sapphire once.
  11. Cinesra

Cinesra

Well, yeah, I thought that was obvious. That's the way it works all sweepers. You're just nitpicking and using an argument that could be applied to any and every Pokemon.
    Not when I have a Toxic Orb...
    Then why are you judging it if you haven't used it besides in Sapphire?
  12. Ithilanor

Ithilanor

What kind of role does Porygon2 end up playing in most matches, out of curiosity?
  13. Arcticblast

Arcticblast It hasn't been as nice at night these last few days
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner

On Porygon2, I suggest running Thunder Wave over Toxic. Many of Porygon2's targets (except Jolteon and Dugtrio, but both of those lose to Porygon2) can shrug off Toxic if they have to but hate paralysis with a passion (Heatran, Magnezone, Dragonite, Gyarados).
  14. Dragonmist19

Dragonmist19

just wondering,on your team how do you deal with terrakion.
  15. Leftiez

Leftiez *Stars*

I suggest putting Gastrodon on Porygon Because you are enough weak to the teams Uturns which can make for you very badly so well manipulated. And you will have a good check to rains teams also. Later you also need one 2th wall special defensive.

For Dragonite take the Sub,DD,Roost Because I see that you play with lum berry to avoid the atk of stats and that it is a check to sun. But you can take a better set which can make 2 and being able to be more effective for your team especially than you can take place on all the pokémons which can raise problem in the team as volcarona. I took a Repart more Defensive than offensive for your team.
    Nice team man ^^ =D
  16. Motagua

Motagua El Ciclón Azul

Hey there, you got a really solid team there but Toxic Spikes severly hinders half of your team. With Toxic Spikes up, Porygon2 and Slowbro´s walling abilities gets severely hindered as their recovery is being damaged by poison. You should also know that in order for a bulky Dragonite to suceed and sweep, removing SR should be mandatory and priority. With 3 pokemons weak to Toxic Spikes and Dragonite being affected by SR, you seriously need a Rapid Spinner. It is really hard to find a decent replacement on your team, but a Sp.Defensive Forretress fulfills this job perfectly instead of Jirachi. Although Sp.Defensive Forry has lost some usage because it is inferior to Ferrothorn, Forretress has the ability to still take Draco Meteors like a boss, set-up hazards and even Rapid Spin. I dont think you shouldn´t worry about the loss on the physical side because Forretress´s Defense is still high and you got great physical walls in Slowbro and Porygon2. Additionally, you might want to replace Stealth Rock on Infernape and use another coverage move like Stone Edge or even some priority like Mach Punch. I hope I helped and good luck.
    Sp.Defensive Forretress (open)

[​IMG]
    Forretress (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
    - Stealth Rock / Spikes [If you still want to keep SR on Infernape]
    - Gyro Ball
    - Rapid Spin
    - Volt Switch
  17. Cinesra

Cinesra

@Ithilanor, he usually ends up being a troll, a back-up wall, and a counter to plenty of things that rely on abilities like Gyarados, Salamence, Jolteon, Jellicent, and Heatran

@Arcticblast, I don't even remember why I had Toxic over T-Wave in the first place, so I'll go with that, thanks.

@Dragonmist19, Slowbro

@Leftiez, any particular reason? I would gladly consider those changes if I knew why I should.

@Motagua, Forretress would be nice, but then I'd die to Tornadus and Reuniclus. Thanks for the advice though, I'll keep Forretress in mind.

I appreciate the help, everyone.
  18. Dragontongue195040

Dragontongue195040

lol guys, let's go easy, it's not the end of the world if he uses BU Breloom and Trace Porygon 2...
    I know someone mentioned it before but I can see LO max speed Terrakion screwing up your team big time. Your speediest sweeper is Infernape, and even it only gives you a 50% chance of winning the speed tie. I am also noticing your lack of a strong, fast special sweeper. (Porygon2 does NOT and should NOT function as a sweeper.) Slowbro isn't really necessary for your team; Jirachi can tank physical hits pretty well, and Slowbro's horrible speed and not-so-good typing really wears it down. I recommend Latias over Slowbro: it's a better special wall, can function as a nasty set up sweeper, and can hit fast and hard.
    Latias @ leftovers
    timid, levitate
    252 HP, 4 Sp Atk, 252 Spe
    substitute
    dragon pulse
    recover
    calm mind
    Besides the ability to set up on nearly all pokemon in the metagame, the SubCM set will definitely find your liking. Status being annoying? Set up a sub, blocking twave, toxic, burns from scald, or flinches for Jirachi. Bulky water type getting you? Latias can set up on all (yes, all) specially based water type sweepers in the metagame (even starmie, specs toed, and rotom w) It's excellent defenses allow it to tank even super effective hits, and it's great typing will patch up some resistances for your team.
    hope this helped! Good luck!
    I have one question; where did you get your typing sprites from?
  19. Cinesra

Cinesra

^I don't see how Latias helps me against Terrakion. She needs to set up to be effective, seeing as how the only attacking move is a 4 SPA Dragon Pulse against a Terrakion with his already decent SPDef boosted by sand. Even using something like Specs Psyshock Latios, which is similar, requires sacrificing a team member.

Slowbro only cares about X-Scissor, which isn't even that big of a problem with Regenerator, and when Terrakion can 2HKO Gliscor, his most common check, with the right set, so his power is generally to be expected. Plus I don't think Jirachi and Latias can make up for losing Slowbro, but I do thank you for your help. I got the typing images from Bulbapedia. I just right clicked and hit "Copy Image URL".

@Leftiez, U-Turn and Rain aren't much of a problem when I have BUloom, while Gastrodon can only hope to Burn a Scizor on the switch and hope my opponent doesn't carry a random HP Grass or Toxic, so I'm not sure that's worth it. However, I've been considering using a shuffler Dnite set to help with Scrafty, so I'll probably use something similar to your set, thanks. Just out of curiosity, what's your native language? Spanish?
  20. -Tsunami-

-Tsunami- ¡YA HA!
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

Hey there.

A Rapid Spinner would greatly help this team out. Entry hazards cause your team major problems, and can make your life much harder. Toxic Spikes alone can greatly cripple your team, thus making stall teams extremely difficult to defeat. Therefore, I suggest that you replace Infernape with a Starmie. Starmie is faster than Infernape, so it is an even more potent revenge killer than Infernape is. It also hits extremely hard with Life Orb, meaning that you won't have to give up any power to use it. It can also spin quite easily, being able to destroy every spin-blocker in the metagame.

Show Hide
    Starmie @ Life Orb
    Ability: Natural Cure
    4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Speed
    Timid Nature
    -Hydro Pump
    -Thunderbolt
    -Recover
    -Rapid Spin

Stall teams and SkarmBliss should be easier to deal with now that you have a Rapid Spinner, but if you feel like you're still weak to them, you can always run Psyshock over Thunderbolt. It still deals solid damage to Jellicent, and can hit Blissey for solid damage.

Unfortunately, by replacing Infernape, you lose your Stealth Rocker. However, this problem can be easily remedied by running Stealth Rock over Body Slam on Jirachi. Even though you lose your paralysis support, due to all of your walls, you don't really need it. Jirachi can still destroy Tornadus, Gengar, Latios, etc. anyway, so it isn't too much a problem. Slowbro can spread status with Scald and Porygon2 can spread status with Toxic as well.
  21. The Silent Storm

The Silent Storm

Entry hazards are very problematic for your team, Dragonite is weak to sr, and the other 5 member are grounded I vouch ShakeItUp suggestion to use Starmie over Infernape.
    However after doing so Scizor can ben quite problematic.
    For starter, I suggest you Fire Punch>Earthquake on Dragonite.
    This can help you more against Scizor, Heatran isn't a problem with Starmie on your wings.
    After that, since Starmie and Slowbro have the same tipyng, and Slowbro doesn't actually help you against Scizor, whi don't you try Gliscor over Slowbro? Subtoxicscor can help you to stall your opponent with toxic, and of course can stop cbzor attacks, he's also a good insurance against stall team who lacks Skarmory
    Gliscor:
    Show Hide
    Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 252 HP / 42 Def / 216 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Substitute
    - Protect
    - Earthquake
    - Toxic

Enoguh Speed Evs for Jollycario and a breakpoint

Hope it helped, good luck
  22. Cinesra

Cinesra

Alright, I think I found a good way to replace Infernape with a spinner, but still keep SR, all my moves on Jirachi, a stall-breaker, and Slowbro. See updated OP.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)