1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

The Dawn of Darkness

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by MafiaZebra, Aug 7, 2013.

1. MafiaZebra

MafiaZebra

This team is called "The Dawn of Darkness" and I want to hear from the pokemon community on what you think about it. Rate, critique, steal, do whatever you want. Anything helps! :)

At a glance
    The Dawn Of Darkness
    [​IMG][​IMG] 249.gif [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Up close:

[​IMG]
    The Fallen One (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
    Trait: Multitype
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 80 HP / 100 Def / 78 Spd
    Modest Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Judgement
    - Focus Blast
    - Recover

I used to despise Arceus. I thought he was just an op and overrated pokemon and that most other pokemon could beat him if played right. I refused to jump onto the arceus bandwagon until I entered competitive battling. Let's just say that I met someone with an E-killer and he did what E-killer does. 6-0. Basically I decided to adopt Arceus and I chose this one. He is now my new favorite pokemon. Here are the stats.

This is the main sweeper on the team. He calm minds up and starts wrecking. He counters E-Killer, most other Arceus types Giratina, Darkrai (if I let someone absorb dark void), Blaziken, Deoxys, Dialga, Genesect, and basically anything that doesn't resist ghost or fighting moves. He has swords dance for setting up, shadow force for physical stab that takes out most pokemon neutrally, brick break to finish off dark and steel types and recover to stall out life orbs and intoxicated pokemon. I made him bulky to survive long enough to sd up. The only pokemon that I have run into that doesn't get neutral damage from this is Fighting-Arceus which can't touch him anyway.
    249.gif
    Storm Bringer (Lugia) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 148 Def / 252 HP / 108 SDef
    Impish Nature
    - Dragon Tail
    - Roost
    - Toxic
    - Ice Beam

When I was a little kid I remember watching the pokemon 2000 movie and being thrilled by the power of Lugia. He became my favorite pokemon and I actually spent the time soft reseting to get him shiny. You can only imagine how thrilled I was for Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness. He became even more awesome because he received the signature move of my second favorite pokemon, Deoxys. What I didn't realize was that I would eventually be using him, not for power, but for waiting for my enemy to fall without touching them.

I cannot say how manytimes this guy has saved me. He is the ultimate plan b and (mostly) never fails. He is a basic Great Wall Lugia set and never fails to mess up someone's sweep. He counters outrage users and anybody without thunder or a steel type. Specifically, he counters all Arceus types except ghost and dark, Blaziken, Deoxys-A, Giratina-O, Groundon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Kyurem-W, Mewtwo, Palkia and Shaymin-S if I get off toxic. I would also like to mention that dragon tail is there to get rid of those annoying smashpass taunt users.
    [​IMG]
    Da Flash (Deoxys-S) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 168 Def / 88 SDef / 252 HP
    Bold Nature
    - Magic Coat
    - Taunt
    - Fire Punch
    - Stealth Rock
    Out of all of the Deoxys types I would have to say that Deoxys-A is my favorite but due to the prevalence of E-Killers and stealth rock, I barely ended up getting one attack as Deoxys-A off most of the time. I also had a problem of having stealth rocks and spikes lying on my field. Without an answer I kept battling until I saw someone use Deoxys-S. I was amazed and terrified at how dangerous he could be so I decided that I had to have him

The perfect suicide lead. Even though the guaranteed two hazard set is tempting, I went a different route. I chose to run magic coatto set up the enemies hazards against them. After I'm satisfied with the hazards I taunt them making easy set up bait. Fire punch is in case I come across a Ferrothorn or it is used as an offensive move in a worst case scenario. Stealth rock is in case the enemy starts with an anti-lead. The Evs are so I can take a hit because I out speed everything already. High defense is for the mostly physical leads of the Uber tier. He counters Ferrothorn, Forretress, Shaymin-S and any set up sweeper on the first turn.
    [​IMG]
    Dialga @ Life Orb
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Modest Nature
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Aura Sphere
    - Thunder
    - Fire Blast
    The dragon god of time. That is probably the most epic title something can have. The epicness fits because Dialga is freaking beast. Awesome typing, pretty good defense and amazing offense. This pokemon has been on many of my past teams but not on this one. Luckily a rate convinced me to change this. Here are the stats.

For a more detailed descrition of why I chose this go to GRB1's comment below. Essentially this guy sponges hits from Kyogre and deals big damage right back at it. He also takes hits from other pokemon like a champ. His dragon pulse gives him a great stab move, aura sphere removes fighting and E-killer from the situation, thunder destroys Kyogre and other water and flying types, and fire blast is for ferrothorn and anything else weak to it.
    [​IMG]
    Apollo (Groundon) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drought
    EVs: 243 HP / 210 Def / 46 SDef / 9 Spd
    Careful Nature
    - Thunder Wave
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Dragon Tail

My first real new content pokemon game was Pokemon Ruby Edition. My actual first was Leafgreen but that doesn't count right now. Anyway, he amazed me with his power and I loved him. Unfortunately, I eventually went into online pokemon and realized that his rainy counterpart was much better. I found out a use for him though. A powerful anti-kyogre pokemon. Team Magma forever!

While he has many functions, his main is to win the weather. Nothing here really uses the sun but it keeps Kyogre and Excadrill of the field which is a huge factor. Thunder wave is to paralyze Kyogres and other random pokemon, earthquake for a powerful neutral stab, stone edge for the flyers, and stealth rock is if I never got it out with Deoxys-S. His evs are spread out and let him take quite a couple of hits.
    491.gif
    Nightmare (Darkrai) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Bad Dreams
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - Nasty Plot
    - Dark Void
    - Dark Pulse
    - Trick

Darkrai has to be the coolest looking pokemon ever. HE IS THE F@&^%$G NIGHTMARE POKEMON. He is very powerful and he is so amazing in his movie. Another awesome thing about Darkrai is that he can get roar of time and spacial rend which is just amazing although not viable. I can't wait until I get pokemon Y because Yveltal's Dark Aura ability will just make him that much more powerful.

This guy serves two purposes. The first is to screw over Deoxys-S leads and the second is to make easy set up bait. He puts an unsuspecting Deoxys-S to sleep and I have a free switch in. Later in the battle if he sends out a weak pokemon and this guy uses trick and BAM! The opponent has two useless pokemon. The evs are for when this guy uses trick and starts sweeping.

Thanks for reading guys! Remember to help out and rate. Bye!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  2. GRB1

GRB1

If your intention with Ghostceus is to calm mind up and then counter ekiller, you need more defensive investment to survive max attack life orb shadow claws, much less at +2. Also your Groudon evs are strange to say the least but the moves seem cool. If it works... Kyogre weak btw. Choice versions plow through your team, especially specs version. To remedy this, I suggest maybe Dialga for terrakion, as ghostceus and Dialga can take care of opposing darkrai and terrakion isn't doing much for you right now besides exacerbating your kyogre weakness.

The set:

Dialga @ Lum Berry / Life Orb
    Modest Nature
    252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
    -Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
    -Aura Sphere
    -Thunder / Thunderbolt
    -Fire Blast / Flamethrower

Good Luck!

P.S. My smeargle doesn't run taunt so lugia can suck it lol.
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  3. GRB1

GRB1

bumping this
  4. MafiaZebra

MafiaZebra

Thanks for the rate GRB1! I took your advice and switched to Dialga but it hasn't helped much. Maybe I'm not using it right. I changed it in the team though so you can see if maybe I made a mistake.
  5. MafiaZebra

MafiaZebra

Bump, please help out and read and rate:(
  6. Shaymin 492

Shaymin 492

As GRB1 said, your team has a HUGE Specs Kyogre weakness. Dialga dies and Lugia has taken this tiny sliver of damage and there's rocks, then it's gg. Also, SD Ghostceus is a shabby counter to Ekiller (THEY'RE FREAKING EVERYWHERE), +4 Shadow Claw (no Life Orb) OHKO's after Stealth Rock, and Brick Break will have a 8.2% chance to 2HKO AFTER Stealth Rock. You probably should get an Ekiller counter (there's lots, Skarmory, both Giratina, D-Tail Groudon, etc.). I think you should get rid of SR on Groudon and change it to Dragon Tail, and probably add some more defense, because Deo-S is almost guaranteed rocks, and no rocks won't kill you unless you're against a good player (on PS, the Ubers ladder is bad, so it's not very likely). Also, what rating did you get with it?
  7. MafiaZebra

MafiaZebra

Thanks for the rate Shaymin! I applied the changes and I was able to get my previous rating of 1456 to 1789 in a short amount of time. Also, I haven't been having a problem with specs Kyogre. Darkrai puts it to sleep and he no longer becomes a problem. Forretress honestly poses more of a threat than Kyogre in my opinion.
  8. Nights of Days

Nights of Days

I like your SkarfRai, I have had great sucess with it before as a dedicated lead, it catches so many ppl off guard, especially the skarf Genesect thinking to get off a U-turn, and that takes out most peoples offensive pivot and some of their biggest threats. But I recomend moving the Spd Ev on the groudon to speed so that it out speed some of the more defensive HoOh. And for Lugia I would recomend adding Sub with Pressure to abuse Lugia's stalling capabilities. It will have a much better time taking out pokemon such as Palkia and Dialga, especially if they are choiced in to Spacial Rend or Draco Meteor
  9. GRB1

GRB1

Um, about your Deoxys-S. Most competent teams will 2HKO Deoxy-S with their leads, regardless of your bulk. Many choose to go 252 speed/timid Deoxys-S and 252 HP/ 4 Atk because of the need to outspeed many scarf leads like kyogre or bug buzz genesect. Otherwise, very solid team. I like Scarfrai as well. It's fun to use and is really quite useful late game since you can absolutely wreck the viability of many late game threats like EKiller, but be careful though, as at +2 you will usually be OHKO'ed by a swift ESpeed.
  10. MafiaZebra

MafiaZebra

Sorry my internet was messed up for a couple of days so I couldn't post. Anyway, I looked at you posts GBR1 and Nights of Days. I gave Groudon 9 speed evs so it can speed creep on 1/2 the Ho-Oh sets but I can't sacrifice all my bulk just for Ho-Oh so I left it at that. Great suggestion though. Now GBR1, Deoxys-S isn't meant to take on scarfs, Darkrai is. Thanks for the rates guys I've seen much improvement!:toast:
  11. MrKijani

MrKijani

A couple suggestions for your team. Since Darkrai is Scarfed and you have two good ideas using Dark Void and Trick, I would recommend switching Nasty Plot into Focus Blast as it is difficult to set-up with Darkrai without a Sub or at least one free turn due to Dark Void switch. That and there are so many steel types with SDef investment who can troll him, like Dialga with Roar. So having Focus Blast (while sucky with that accuracy) will take care of steel types and particularly Ferrothorn in Rain who is hell to take down.
    +6 252 SpA Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 208+ SpD Ferrothorn: 180-212 (51.13 - 60.22%) -- 89.06% chance to 2HKO
    Chances are he'll have Seeded you and be setting up spikes or wearing you down with Power Whip. whereas Focus Blast is gonna do something like this:
    252 SpA Darkrai Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 208+ SpD Ferrothorn: 180-214 (51.13 - 60.79%) -- 93.36% chance to 2HKO
    That's without any Nasty Plot set-up.

So that's one change.

The other change is, you have Deoxys-s with Taunt and Magic Coat. Maybe you use both but it seems slightly redundant to me tbh. Trick would work far better as it screws over the opponent of their item when Deoxys-s has used its own item. I would replace Magic Coat as it's easier to predict with Taunt.

Otherwise a nice team, well done.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)