The Doubles Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
A few months back we posted the thread Rock Slide, the Doubles Community, and You. While this is an important read, it doesn't cover all potential issues in the community. We all know there are certain cliques and some users get pushed out (especially anybody who wants to join the community but gets off to a Slaking-filled start). We aren't perfect.

Rather than start an open discussion that will quickly devolve into angry name dropping, I'd like to remind anyone who has issues with any aspect of the community to send a PM to any of the moderators. While we can't always fix a problem, our job is to do our best to maintain a good environment. We can't do that without your help!

I'll add a URL here to send a private message to all Doubles OU moderators once I figure out what said URL is.

If you have a problem with me specifically, just tell me straight up. I'd rather know so I can try to fix it D:

Stratos

Banned deucer.
I've been thinking about accessibility lately, and I wanted to say something. I'm technically only speaking for myself but I know that this goes for just about any DOU regular.

I've been a part of Smogon for way too long, and back when I was a badgeless random (less than three years ago!) I would rarely if ever have messaged someone I didn't know with a bunch of badges and even would usually be timid to highlight them in chat. Even now, it feels weird to PM people I don't normally talk to. I'm making this post to say that I want that to be the case as little as possible.

I only have a couple of goals on this site, one of them is to win a motherfucking seasonal but the more important one is to help as many people as possible become as good at DOU as possible. This might be tooting my own horn but I'm pretty good at DOU, and so I want everyone to see me as a resource. If you want anything DOU-related, if you want someone to look over a team or give you a team, if you want to talk about the viability of a certain Pokemon or get battling tips, if you want someone to look over a replay and point out mistakes, or to test battle with you—in addition to whatever other resources we offer, feel free to PM me, here, or on IRC, or on PS. Even if it's not advice, if you have a suggestion or critique for the DOU forum, or you want to contribute, or you want to ask why things are done a certain way, or even something smogon-related but not DOU-related—feel free to PM me. Obviously when it comes to personal stuff, I'd rather discuss that with friends, but as far as smogon.com goes my mind is an open book to anyone and everyone. The worst that could possibly happen is that I'm too tired or busy to give a good response at the moment, but I'm definitely never going to be offended that you had the audacity to approach me. I'm spending my college years on a Pokemon forum instead of getting laid, what do I have to be high and mighty about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)