The DPP Terrorist Cup - Finals! - Won by Earthworm

This tournament will be contested under DPP OU rules. The only difference is that all Pokemon used must have Explosion or Self-Destruct in their movesets. List of Pokemon that can be used (Mewtwo and Mew are NOT allowed).

Tournament Rules and Clauses
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize in their Pokémon's movesets.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any pokemon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play. Check this thread for more informations.
  • Uber Clause: Players may not use any items, moves, abilities, or Pokemon that appear on Smogon's OU Ban List. If the tiers change or new items, abilities, moves, or Pokemon become available in the middle of a round, the changes will take effect in the following round. There will be an announcement in the relevant round if this occurs.
  • Every Pokemon on your team MUST carry Explosion / Self-Destruct. In the case where a Pokemon explodes on the last turn of a 1-1 game and both Pokemon faint, the person whose Pokemon exploded will lose that match, not draw the game.
  • Best of 1.

Finals

Earthworm vs Malekith

No deadline, but don't take forever and make me explode with anger. Should be a nice game. Let us know when you're gonna play!

Last edited:
Confirming I beat Malekith, gg. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen4ou-255935

This tournament actually meant quite a lot to me because I lost in the finals of the original due to playing the team poorly (i.e. taking water spout with forretress turn 2...): http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/terrorist-cup-tournament-final-won-by-jabbathegriffin.84329/

Losing in the finals of that tournament was one of my biggest regrets in my Pokemon career in fact. I was very confident in my team's strength in the metagame and was feeling pretty invincible using it, so it was a big letdown. Winning this definitely meant more to me than winning other random tournaments that I've won in the past.

Due to that, I asked each of my opponents to play on main instead of smogtours so that my team wouldn't be revealed. Thanks to everyone for co-operating. I did save some of the logs though, so here they are for those who are curious:
vs Pohjis
vs We Three Kings
vs KratosMana
vs Chill Shadow

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Protect
- Explosion
- Counter

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Self-Destruct
- Rest
- Protect
- Crunch

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Hypnosis

Gengar (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Lax Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Explosion
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball

Skuntank (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Explosion
- Mud-Slap

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Explosion

This team has a really big advantage against players who don't know it in advance, in my opinion. Now that I've posted it it will obviously lose some of its effectiveness, and it is also fairly susceptible to being counter-teamed. I used the team every round except R2, because I was confident I could beat my opponent with another team without risking the team reveal. (sorry..)

Also, I think winning this tournament puts me equal with Bloo in number of tournaments won. Now I just have to win the GSC trap tournament...

Thanks Funk for hosting!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)