1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

The Drizzle Storm - Crawdaunt RMT (First OU RMT)

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by TheStriker, Aug 7, 2012.

1. TheStriker

TheStriker

Intro: This is my very first pokemon team I have ever made because my I was very inexperienced before back in DPtHGSS because I thought the one who wins is who had the best attacks like Draco Meteor, Overheat, Leaf Storm, and low accuracy moves like Zap Cannon. I didn't know SpAtt, Evasion meant etc. Now I have learned a lot and used moves that are not full blow, thought of status conditions to make me a better player. After this, I became a better player than I ever had defeating most people with ease. This helped a lot. My last thread that was not fixed was a pretty much epic fail after testing it because of how frail my team was. I added a new bulkier friend in the lower tiers other than staraptor, used a common set, and made my team much better. Hydreigon wasn't very useful so I switched it too. Thought of type advantages, a threat list, something new and made this post worth my time. I also used DPtHGSS OU's to help me. I made use of the benificial natures. When I was a inexperienced player, my luxray had a modest nature and no attack or speed EVs, making my luxray do absolutely no damage. I'm like, isn't 120 base attack great? No. Its not if you pay attention to the details. Now, how I built my team.

The Team In Detail
    Nature: Calm (+SpDef, -Atk)
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed
    -Haze
    -Scald
    -Hypnosis
    -Protect

Politoed, the lamest bulky water, now, becomes OU most common weather starter. With Drizzle becoming so popular, almost every non-weather team needs a pokemon with electric-type moves or ferrothorn with Power Whip. Its easy to abuse and makes pulling off sweeps much easier. Water types also have double resistants to fire type moves. Politoed's main job is to start the weather. No EVs or IVs have been put into the Speed soit can easily win weather wars against Ninetales and possibly some versions of Abomasnow and Tyranitar. Asker: Why isn't there a speed lowering nature on the guy? TheStriker: You got a problem with that, pal? Its because I can send out Hypnosis's faster like a boss. Protect is for stalling for Hit Points and getting a glimpse on one of the Pokemon's moves and Haze is to wipe out some Dragon Dance Sweepers who are waiting to wake up and already have there stat boost like Gyarados and Scrafty.Scald acts as a Filler, so its not complete taunt and for a nifty chance to burn physical sweepers. EVs are invested in SpDef so it can be pretty bulky to survive attacks and make use of its good SpDef.

[​IMG]
    Donphan @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Sturdy
    Nature: Impish (+Def, -SpAtk)
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    -Ice Shard
    -Head Smash
    -Rapid Spin
    -Stealth Rock

My team was lacking entry hazards and Stealth Rock was needed. With that, I needed a Rapid Spin User that good remove entry hazard, so Donphan showed the best results and all you pokemon rating geeks talk about Donphan 24/7 so I used Donphan. The point of the Air Balloon isn't just to get immunity to ground-type moves, but to avoid Toxic Spikes. After something like Forretress sets it up, Donphan can't Rapid Spin them with out being poisoned, this is a major problem because Donphan is the only one who can OHKO Salamence and Dragonite after Stealth Rock Damage with Ice Shard, so if Donphan is gone then Salamence and other Dragons can just sweep through my team.Thank's from Jirachi showing I have a weakness to Tornadus-Therian, so Offensive was chosen instead, so I can OHKO it with priority Ice Shard. (Defensive Donphan was chosen than Offensive because it can survive an attack more easily.) Head Smash is for suicide faints once the dragon types are gone. Sturdy helps survive a special water type move, so I can either Stealth Rock or Spin away the Hazards. The point of Donphan on a rain team might be weird because its rain weakness is basically doubled, but if Rotom-Wash does dare to come then I have a switch in that takes care of it all.

[​IMG]
    Volcarona @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Flame Body
    Nature: Modest (+SpAtk, -Atk)
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd
    -Hurricane
    -Bug Buzz
    -Quiver Dance
    -Hidden Power Water

Although Blissey and Chansey completely wall it, Volcarona can sweep through unprepared teams with its amazing coverage. After a Quiver Dance, it outspeeds Latios and Gengar, as well as Alakazam. It can OHKO them all with Bug Buzz. After 2 Quiver Dances, it can OHKO Ferrothorn and leave a major dent on Jellicent. Volcarona can sweep through careless players if the timing is right. Due to the rain, it basically gets STAB from Hidden Power Water which can OHKO Heatran because its holding an Expert Belt. Volcarona's Modest Nature gives it even more sweeping potential and 252 Speed cannot be denied. Scizor and Forretress take Nuetral Damage from Hurricane so a Fire -Type move isn't needed. Wow, I've mentioned too many pokemon so far and this description is starting too get annoyingly long so I'll maker this stop, AFTER A FEW MORE THINGS! Flame Body is for priority users that try to stop Volcarona in its sweeping process, but will probably get crippled by the burn. Bug Buzz is now it's main STAB Move because Fiery Dance is weakened in the rain. Hurricane also has a 30% chance of confusion and 100% accuracy in rain which might backfire on survivors. Last but not least, Volcarona has Rapid Spin Support from Donphan to avoid the deadly Stealth Rock. Okay, you know what to say. Finally, this boring description is over or I wasted my time typing this and skipped to the next pokemon.

[​IMG]
    Crawdaunt @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Adaptibility
    Nature: Jolly (+Spd, -SpAtk)
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    -Dragon Dance
    -Crunch
    -Crabhammer
    -Taunt

Crawdaunt is the late-game sweeper and what I built the team around. As you can see the Lum Berry is used to get a free a Dragon Dance against Blissey who tries to ruin the sweep with Thunder Wave. With the boosted speed I can Taunt anything basically and force a switch, so I can get the second Dragon Dance. With two of them. I can out-speed all Base 105. Gengar can also be out sped with the right circumstances and same with
    Latios. Crabhammer and Crunch are two of its STAB attacks, but with
    Adaptibility, its a deadly weapon. Crabhammer is even further boosted by rain and coming off a Base 120 attack, Crawdaunt is amazing. A Jolly nature instead of an Adamant Nature, so it has the strength to bypass Meinshao and some Scarfed Tyranitars. If this thing had Sucker Punch or Aqua Jet then Crawdaunt would leave RU and enter BL or UU, however this thing lacks priority. so its best as a late-game cleaner.

[​IMG]
    Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Spd)
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpDef
    -Gyro Ball
    -Protect
    -Leech Seed
    -Spikes

Ferrothorn is commonly seen on teams. But Ferrothorn x4 weakness to fire has been nullified a little because of Rain Support. With Fast Sweepers becoming more common as every new generation arrives Gyro Ball owns with a lot of power hitting around 100+ Power nearly every time at average. Leech Seed + Protect Combo is pretty standard sapping HP every turn. Rocky Helmet + Iron Barbs makes it risky to attack Ferrothorn physically with moves like Mach Punch combined with Leech Seed makes Ferrothorn a very diffucult mixed wall to break through. Spikes is used for extra entry hazard support so it can combine with Donphan's Stealth rock to do massive damage to entering pokemon weak to stealth rock once the opposing teams spinner is gone. It also has the ability to resist all of the Therian Forms but might have some
    problems with Landorus-T as Gyro Ball won't dent as much as Tornadus-T.

[​IMG]
    Latios @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Levitate
    Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd
    -Thunder
    -Draco Meteor
    -Physhock
    -Surf

Okay, last pokemon. Last missing things. Choice User, Revenge Killer, Immunity, and Thunder. Latios covers that all! With a Timid Nature, Latios outspeeds almost everything from RU-OU. Draco Meteor is the main attack boasting crazy high power and coming off a 540 Special Attack Stat shuts down everything taking nuetral damage. Physhock hit Special Walls hard like Blissey. Thunder gets 100% Accuracy in rain and a 30% Chance for Paralysis gets amazing benifits... Surf hits predictable Steel Switch-ins for OHKOs. Latios has 4 EVs in Defense to take physical attacks a lot more easily.
  2. TheStriker

TheStriker

Threat List

Here is the threat list guys. Hope your PC doesn't go slow or anything. :D

Show Hide
    Key:
    Checked
    Causes Problems
    Threat

Standard OU Offensive Threats
    Tyranitar:
    Choice Band -
    Choice Scarf -
    Dragon Dance -

Rotom-W:
    Choice Scarf / Specs -
    Support -

Scizor:
    Choice Band -
    Swords Dance -
    Bulky Swords Dance -

Dragonite:
    Choice Band -
    Dragon Dance -
    Mixed -
    Parashuffler -
    Rain Abuse -

Politoed:
    Choice Specs / Scarf -
    3 Attacks -

Heatran:
    Standard -

Jirachi:
    Substitute + Calm Mind / Wish + Calm Mind -
    Expert Belt -
    Choice Scarf -
    ParaFlinch

Latios:
    Life Orb / Expert Belt -
    Choice Scarf / Specs -
    Calm Mind -

Reuniclus:
    Calm Mind -
    Offensive Trick Room -

Haxorus:
    Choice Scarf / Choice Band -
    Dragon Dance -
    Double Dance -

Ninetales:
    Nasty Plot -
    Choice Specs -
    Special Attacker -

Conkeldurr:
    Bulk Up -
    Flame Orb + 3 Attacks -

Celebi:
    Nasty Plot Sweeper -
    Tinkerbell -
    Choice Specs / Choice Scarf -

Terrakion:
    Double Dance -
    Substitute + Swords Dance -

Gyarados:
    Offensive / Bulky Dragon Dance -
    Choice Band / Choice Scarf -

Gengar:
    Substitute + Disable / Pain Split -

Starmie:
    Life Orb -
    Rapid Spin -
    Choice Specs -

Landorus/Landorus-T:
    Rock Polish / Swords Dance -
    Choice Scarf -
    Substitute + 3 Attacks -

Infernape:
    Mixed Attacker -
    Nasty Plot / Swords Dance Booster -
    Choice Band -

Volcarona:
    Offensive Quiver Dance -
    Bulky Quiver Dance -
    Chesto Rest -
    Substitute -

Magnezone:
    Substitute -
    Choice Scarf / Choice Specs -

Espeon:
    Calm Mind -
    Bulky Sun Attacker / Passer -

Salamence:
    Dragon Dance -
    Mixed -
    Defensive -

Hydreigon:
    Offensive -
    Choice Specs / Choice Scarf -
    Substitute -

Breloom:
    Bulk Up -
    Sub Seed -
    Sub Punch -

Latias:
    Calm Mind -
    Offensive Tank -
    Choice Specs -

Toxicroak:
    Swords Dance -
    Bulk Up -

Lucario:
    Swords Dance -
    Nasty Plot -

Virizion:
    Calm Mind -
    Swords Dance -
    Dual Screens -

Scrafty:
    Dragon Dance -
    Bulk Up -

Venusaur:
    Special Growth -
    Mixed Growth -
    SubSeed -

Metagross:
    Stealth Rock -
    Agility -

Mienshao:
    All-Out Attacker -

Cloyster:
    Shell Smash -
    Utility -

Mamoswine:
    Physical Attacker -
    Focus Sash + Endeavor -

Darmanitan:

Tornadus/Tornadus-T:
    Rain Abuser -
    Choice Specs -

Abomasnow:
    Choice Scarf -
    SubSeed -
    Mixed Attacker -

Alakazam:
    Substitute + 3 Attacks -
    Offensive Calm Mind -
    Focus Sash -

Azelf:
    Dual Screens -
    Lead -
    Nasty Plot -
    Choice Band -

Azumarill:
    Choice Band -

Deoxys-D:
    Fast Spiker -

Dugtrio:
    Focus Sash -
    Choice Band -

Empoleon:
    Agility -
    Choice Specs -

Gorebyss:
    SmashPass -
    Shell Smash Sweeper -

Kingdra:
    Dragon Dance -
    Rain Dance -
    Choice Specs -

Kyurem:
    Choice -
    Substitute + 3 Attacks -

Victini:
    Choice Band / Scarf -
    Physical Attacker -

Stoutland:
    Choice Band -

Smeargle:
    Baton Pass -

Sharpedo:
    Speed Boost -

Rotom-C:
    Choice Scarf / Choice Specs -
    Support -

Standard OU Defensive Threat

Tyranitar:
    Specially Defensive -

Rotom-W:
    Standard -

Ferrothorn:
    Standard -

Politoed:
    Defensive -

Gliscor:
    Swords Dance -
    Substitute + Protect -
    AcroBat -
    Defensive -

Heatran:
    Specially Defensive -

Jirachi:
    Specially Defensive -

Skarmory:
    Physically Defensive Spiker -
    Specially Defensive Spiker -

Ninetales:
    Specially Defensive -

Celebi:
    Physically Defensive -

Forretress:
    Physically Defensive Spiker -
    Specially Defensive Spiker -

Gyarados:
    RestTalk -

Jellicent:
    Utility Counter -

Tentacruel:
    Toxic Spikes -

Gastrodon:
    Tank -

Espeon:
    Dual Screens -
    Baton Pass -

Blissey:
    Support -

Vaporeon:
    Wish Support -

Latias:
    Support -

Bronzong:
    Tank -
    Dual Screens -
    Swampert:
    Defensive -

Mew:
    Stallbreaker -

Slowbro:
    Tank -

Quagsire:
    Curse -
    Specially Defensive -
    Physically Defensive -

Cresselia:
    Support -
    Dual Screens -

Deoxys-D:
    Bulky Spiker -
    Toxic Staller -

Empoleon:
    Specially Defensive -

Hippowdon:
    Physical Tank -

Xatu:
    Standard -
    Dual Screens -

Wobbuffet:
    Bulky -

Whimsicott:
    Prankster -

Tangrowth:
    Physically Defensive -

Sableye:
    Prankster -

Porygon2:
    Defensive -

Chansey:
    Support -ts ​
  3. Jirachee

Jirachee Kaleidoscope
    is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    RMT Co-Leader

Hi

Cool team, however, you might find yourself walled by Ferrothorn. Ferrothorn is simply a cold stop to most members of a Rain team anyway so they must always find a way to beat it, since it's extremely popular (with Politoed being #1, Ferrothorn is #3). None of your members can really heavily damage it and Latios and Crawdaunt are pretty much hard walled, which isn't good. What will happen is that Ferrothorn will just set up a shitload of hazards on your team, which might end up being too much for Donphan to spin all of them, espeically considering it has no recovery and there's always the threat of eating a super effective Power Whip on the switch, which hurts. This will give your opponent plenty of opportunities to switch to very dangerous threats like Latios which aren't exactly fun to play against, and if you're not able to spin, your Volcarona will have a hard time, especially without Roost's reliable recovery. Crawdaunt really appreciate support to remove Ferrothorn as it can't sweep if it's still in play, so in order to give your late game sweeper a better chance at sweeping, it would be much better to equip your team with something that can switch into Ferrothorn and beat it. A good way to fix that weakness a bit would be dropping Volcarona for Choice Band Scizor. Scizor is an awesome answer to Ferrothorn as it can threaten it with a Super Effective Superpower and KO it, while also being able to switch into any of Ferrothorn's common moves which is nice. Scizor can also take advantage of scaring Ferrothorn away with its powerful U-turn giving you more momentum. Honestly, if your team was built around Crawdaunt, Volcarona isn't very useful. Volcarona is in direct competition with Crawdaunt for late-game sweeping as both can do it very well so most of the time Volcarona will end up doing nothing. It also adds a gigantic burden on Donphan which has to Spin every game every times Volcarona has to switch in. Volcarona doesn't add anything defensively to your team so it's the most easily replaceable member. Scizor will serve you much better in that way, as it pairs up pretty nicely offensively with Crawdaunt by removing its main counters and also adds pretty neat defensive capabilities.

You should really consider Surf over Hidden Power Fire on Latios since you're running a Rain team. Surf is pretty nice as it is actually Latios' second most powerful move in Rain and hits x4 Fire weak Steel types as hard as Hidden Power Fire (with the exception of Ferrothorn, which does pathetic damage anyway). It also has the nice bonus of hitting Heatran pretty hard and it is a common switch in to Latios, so that's another cool thing about it. It also allows you to have 31 Speed IVs making it tie with other Latios, Latias and Gengar, and outspeed those who choose Hidden Power Fire. Surf also allows Latios to hit offensive Tyranitar for reasonable damage as it switches in often and might want to Pursuit trap Latios.

Lastly, Tornadus-T might be a big issue to this team. Since it sits at an amazing base 121 Speed, nothing on your team is able to outspeed it, your fastest Pokemon being Latios, at base 110. You have no Flying resist, which means it's free to spam the extremely powerful Hurricane, now 100% accurate in Rain, your own weather. Tornadus-T can switch in rather easily also, on either Ferrothorn or Donphan if it doesn't use Head Smash (which smashes it.) From there, it's able to 2HKO everything on your team while you don't really threaten it a lot, although Latios can take a hit, you'll have to keep it at healthy for the whole match which isn't going to be easy considering it's your main check to stuff like Terrakion and Thundurus-T. You should perhaps use Choice Scarf Politoed over your current set. With a Choice Scarf, it's able to outspeed Tornadus-T and other stuff like Adamant Dragonite, being able to revenge kill them with Ice Beam or Hydro Pump. This gives you a semi reliable check to Tornadus-T and allow you to at least put pressure on it and reduce to number of times it sweeps you. Seeing as your team is fairly offensive I don't think dropping the more defensive set will be bad for you, as Politoed can still use Perish Song to put an end to stuff like Baton Pass chains.

Otherwise nice team, I like the use of Crawdaunt. Here are the sets you should use:
    Scizor and Politoed (open)

[​IMG]
    Scizor @ Choice Band
    Technician
    Adamant
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
    ~Bullet Punch
    ~U-turn
    ~Superpower
    ~Pursuit

[​IMG]
    Politoed @ Choice Scarf
    Drizzle
    Timid
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    ~Hydro Pump
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Hidden Power Grass
    ~Perish Song

Good luck!
  4. The Last Chance

The Last Chance

On Volcarona, do you have a 30 IV in HP? If not, Volcarona will only be able to switch in once with Rocks on the field.

For Crawdaunt, what makes it better than a Jolly Moxie Taunt Gyarados? You will not only be faster, but will have better offensive stats after a kill.

As for Politoed, I really do not see the point of Protect/Hypnosis/Haze and no STAB move. A Calm nature does nothing for you either, as it increases bulk but you are running (or trying to run) a more offensive set.It is extremely hampered by Choice Scarf and even gets walled by Heatran (if a Pokemon is asleep). I would suggest running the standard Choice Scarf set or Bulky set for Politoed.

Ferrothorn also hard-walls your team, and you have no Flying resist, so anything with Hurricane (which has Perfect accuracy in the rain) will demolish your team.

I suggest thinking through your team and looking at the Politoed analysis to get good ideas to use in the rain http://www.smogon.com/bw/Pokemon/Politoed .
  5. Nova

Nova Samsung Alpaca
    is a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

Hi TheStriker

Got the request to rate your team. First off, solid rain team with a bunch of interesting choices, especially Crawdaunt. Looking at your team, Tornadus-T, one of the major forces in Black and White 2, is a major threat. He can outspeed your entire team and fire off powerful Specs Hurricanes that at worst 2HKO every member with some entry hazards. Donphan can use Ice Shard to hit it for Super Effective damage but Donphan already has the duties of setting up Stealth Rock and rapid spinning, and without reliable recovery, will be hard pressed to fulfill all these roles during a battle. Other offensive threats include setup sweepers that can boost their attacking stat as well as their speed simultaneously such as Dragon Dance Dragonite and Salamence and Quiver Dance Volcarona. After a boost, these threats will be able to outspeed your whole team and dish out massive damage. Alakazam is also a threat to your team with its high speed and special attack stat and great coverage. As for defensive threats, as Jirachi has already mentioned, Ferrothorn is a tough nut for you to crack seeing that you have nothing to hit him for Super Effective damage. For these threats, I suggest replacing Volcarona with a Choice Scarf Terrakion with a moveset of Close Combat / Stone Edge / X-Scissor / Earthquake. Scarf Terrakion is one of the best revenge killers in the metagame and he provides you with much needed speed. He outspeeds Tornadus-T and the aforementioned boosting sweepers even at +1 and can eliminate them with Stone Edge. Close Combat is a powerful STAB attack that easily handles your Ferrothorn problem. X-Scissor deals with Alakazam and Earthquake in the last slot allows you to beat Toxicroak who resists every other attack. As Jirachi mentioned, Volcarons is your most replaceable member as his role of late game sweeper is already fulfilled by Crawdaunt.

As you are probably aware, Crawdaunt is quite a slow sweeper at base 55 speed. Even after a Dragon Dance boost, Jolly Crawdaunt only has a speed stat of 343, leaving it outsped by the likes of Latios and Terrakion who can easily revenge kill the crayfish. You can support Crawdaunt by replacing Protect on Ferrothorn with Thunder Wave. Thunder Wave allows you to severely cripple these speedy threats and removes their ability to serve as revenge killers. Paralysis support can really help facilitate a late game Crawdaunt sweep. Next on Politoed, I suggest changing the EV spread to 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd with a Calm nature. The Special Attack investment you have is not very useful as Politoed's only attack is Scald and the HP investment allows Politoed to be much bulkier and you can more easily win the weather war. Lastly, you say that you are using Air Balloon on Donphan to avoid Toxic from Toxic Spikes but I suggest using Lum Berry instead. Lum Berry can allow you to cure any status, so also protects Donphan from burn and sleep that would otherwise cripple him. Air Balloon does allow you to dodge Ground type attacks but with the main Ground type attack being Earthquake and with Donphan's great physical bulk, he would not be taking much damage from them anyways.

Hope I helped and good luck with your team!

Set:
    Show Hide

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    -Close Combat
    -Stone Edge
    -X-Scissor
    -Earthquake

tl;dr
    Show Hide

Quiver Dance Volcarona ----> Choice Scarf Terrakion
    Protect on Ferrothorn ----> Thunder Wave
    Politoed's EV spread ----> 252 HP / 4SDef / 252 Spd with Calm Nature
    Air Balloon on Donphan ----> Lum Berry
  6. TheStriker

TheStriker

@Jirachi Offensive Donphan was used instead of wasting a pokemon spot.

@TheLastChance Crawdaunt is much better than Gyarados because Crawdaunt can barely outspeed the common 105 Base Speeds and there attack stat is only Base 5 apart, but with Crawdaunt's amazing boosted STAB and almost unresisted coverage, Only Ferrothorn can wall it and OHKO it with Power Whip, but it functions as a late-game sweeper.

@Novaray I'll still use Air Balloon because its now Offensive Donphan not Defensive. Terrakion doesn't benefit from anything, so I switched Volcarona to Jolteon which can attacK while gaining boosts using Charge Beam and Thundeer + Hidden Power Water Sweep
  7. King of Blades

King of Blades

Very interesting team.

There are a few things I would suggest changing. First of all, I would suggest changing crawdaunt's taunt to superpower. I know it lowers his attack and defense, but a grand total of 10 OU legal pokemon resist crawdaunt's STAB. 7 of them are weak to fighting. The other three are breloom, virizion, and poliwrath. After two or more boosts, crawdaunt will be punching some major holes in your opponent's team.

Your team also has a weakness to scarf terrakion. In order to solve this problem, I suggest moving donphan's attack evs to hp, changing its nature to impish, and changing head smash to earthquake. If terrakion isn't scarfed, then latios is a great check and politoed is a semi check to unboosted and non choice band ones.

I would also suggest moving politoed's speed evs to defense and changing its nature to bold. This allows him to have a greater chance of surviving moves from dragon dance sweepers and proceed to use haze and burn them with scald.

Another option to consider is changing Volcarona to a choice scarf Rotom-W. Rotom-W with choice scarf checks almost everything that you have listed as threats in your list as well as adding a valuable revenge killer and rain abuser to your team. This may leave your team open to virizion, but he isn't seen very much any more and you can kill him if you play conservatively with latios.

[​IMG]
    Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
    EVs: 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 4 Sp. Def | Timid | Levitate
    - Volt Switch / Thunder
    - Hydro Pump
    - Thunder / Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Grass
    - Trick

Ah, the basic choice scarf rotom. Volt Switch is for STAB. Thunder can be used to get the rain boost. Hydro Pump gets the rain boost and is basic water STAB. Hidden Power Ice hits dragons. Hidden power grass hits gastrodon and other rotoms. Trick is great for crippling walls and generally annoying stuff.

I would also suggest changing latios's item to expert belt. Latios can hit many things super effectively with its coverage and expert belt makes them hurt quite a bit. Expert belt also allows him to stay alive the longest out of any attacking item, as he can change moves against different threats as well as not losing hp every time he attacks. This is especially good because latios needs to be healthy so it can check virizion.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)