The Dubs!! The Duo!! The 2o!!

The Duo!!!!

Introduction:
Hi Smogon,

So this RMT is going to be less of a serious VGC team more of a just go for it or lose kind of strategy. This team was really funny to play around with as the back four pokemon can basically be anything you think is good. Even though this team is just for showdown and I really do not believe I would ever take this to any VGC event, I still want you guys to give me suggestions on what I can use the four other slots on my team to basically counter pokemon that can threaten my main strategy. So please be as critical as possible and make sure to have fun with this team.

-Choobie

Team Preview:

Back View:

In-Depth Look:

Kangaskhan
@

Ability: Scrappy

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Facade

- Fake Out

- Sucker Punch

- Power-Up Punch

One of the main parts of the team, Mega Kangaskhan is one of the most dangerous pokemon in the game right now. With its incredible attack, its double attacking power, and the incredible bulk it holds, it is clearly one of the most dangerous. The ev spread is to outspeed pokemon like rotom wash and to speed tie/outspeed adamant other kangaskhans. Façade shows the evolution of this pokemon to counter stuff like WoW and toxic. Fake out is used to stop your opponent from double attacking smeargle. Sucker punch and power-up are just common moves on every kangaskhan.

Smeargle
(F) @

Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Dark Void

- Transform

- Tailwind

- King's Shield
Smeargle is the ace of this team with the focus sash and own tempo it will never die first turn and most likely always get off a dark void. Dark void is one of the most dangerous moves in this game because of its double sleep it can then also transform into having two mega kangaskhans that most likely also have a plus 2 atk from power-up. Tailwind is just there mostly as a filler move barley have used it on this pokemon. King’s shield comes in handy against opposing kangaskhans because of its fake-out. The ev spread is pretty standard those are the only two that you really need in general.

Salamence
(F) @

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor

- Dragon Pulse

- Rock Slide

- Fire Blast
Salamence is my favorite pokemon in VGC 2014, it’s no surprise I recommend this to almost any VGC 2014 RMT because of its insane power. With choice scarf timid max speed it basically only speed ties with other Salamence’s. It is most likely the best intimimon in the game and with the moveset it has coverage over most of the top pokemon in the format right now. Me not wanting to lower it defences I still decided to put a minus attack nature with rock slide. If you look at the damage calcs this still 2HKOs everything it needs to and spreads so it is just much better than running hydro pump. The rest of the moves are just standard specialmence moves.

Ferrothorn
(F) @

Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 52 SDef
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip

- Gyro Ball

- Leech Seed

- Protect
Ferrothorn helped the team with a lot of different things at once. It disrupted physical contact-making attackers with Iron Barbs, could help against opposing Smeargles with Ferrothorns’s Lum Berry, could take a WoW from Rotom-W and OHKO it back with Power Whip thanks to my large investment in Attack, it could help handle Rain teams, and it had excellent synergy defensively with the rest of my team. Lum was extremely useful, as many people kept their Rotom-Ws in and tried WoWing Ferrothorn instead of switching out. The moveset is standard, and the Attack EVs are enough to OHKO common Rotoms. The rest got put into Special Defense because of its already prominent bulk in Physical Defense.

Gyarados
(M) @

Level: 50
EVs: 212 HP / 60 Atk / 84 Def / 4 SDef / 148 Spd
Impish Nature

- Waterfall

- Protect

- Dragon Dance

- Facade
Gyarados is another intimimon for this team, with the ev spread at +1 he outspeeds adamant max speed talonflame. The wacan berry allows him to survive a thunderbolt from rotom-H and DD up the same turn then outspeed and KO it the following turn with Waterfall or façade if they went for WoW instead. Protect is a really standard move in VGC so that’s clear. The ev spread gives it bulk and enough attack to take out most threats at +1.

Rotom-Heat
@

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Overheat

- Thunderbolt

- Will-O-Wisp

- Protect
With my most basic core being F/W/G core with a dragon ,I decided to have that again. But this time I would not run talonflame or charizard-y because of the multiple other physical pokemon and kangaskhan being my main mega. I decided to run rotom-H, what I felt like was a good contender for the fire domain. With this ev spread he can take many physical attacks while having a intimimon as a partner. While the spatk evs allow him to take out a 252 HP/180 SpDef Mega Mawile. The other moves are really basic moves for any rotom.

Importable:

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch

Smeargle (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Transform
- Tailwind
- King's Shield

Salamence (F) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Rock Slide
- Fire Blast

Rotom-Heat @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Gyarados (M) @ Wacan Berry
EVs: 212 HP / 60 Atk / 84 Def / 4 SDef / 148 Spd
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Protect
- Dragon Dance
- Facade

Ferrothorn (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 52 SDef
Naughty Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Just a few things: I'm pretty sure that Dark Void is illegal in VGC (I went last year) so I'd replace that with Spore. Also, change your Salamence to this:
Salamence@Expert Belt/Life Orb
EVs: 64 Attack, 192 Special Attack, 252 Speed
Naive Nature
-Draco Meteor
-Dragon Claw
-Fire Blast/Brick Break
-Earthquake/Rock Slide/Protect
This is a slightly altered version of the infamous MixMence set. Intimidate is invaluable in VGC because of the attack drop. The EVs allow you to speed tie with base 100s and 2HKO all variants of Hippowdon, who is seen quite a lot due to sand being popular, even with the nerf. Draco Meteor is the main STAB, breaking through physical walls like they were matchsticks. Dragon Claw is the alternate STAB which can be used once you have Draco Meteor's Special Attack drop. Fire Blast is for hitting Scizor and other Steel types, but Brick Break can be used to hit Tyranitar. Earthquake is the most useful move in the last slot as a spread move which can hit Heatran, but Rock Slide can hit Talonflame and Charizard and Protect can work well.

Hope I could help!

Just a few things: I'm pretty sure that Dark Void is illegal in VGC (I went last year) so I'd replace that with Spore. Also, change your Salamence to this:
Salamence@Expert Belt/Life Orb
EVs: 64 Attack, 192 Special Attack, 252 Speed
Naive Nature
-Draco Meteor
-Dragon Claw
-Fire Blast/Brick Break
-Earthquake/Rock Slide/Protect
This is a slightly altered version of the infamous MixMence set. Intimidate is invaluable in VGC because of the attack drop. The EVs allow you to speed tie with base 100s and 2HKO all variants of Hippowdon, who is seen quite a lot due to sand being popular, even with the nerf. Draco Meteor is the main STAB, breaking through physical walls like they were matchsticks. Dragon Claw is the alternate STAB which can be used once you have Draco Meteor's Special Attack drop. Fire Blast is for hitting Scizor and other Steel types, but Brick Break can be used to hit Tyranitar. Earthquake is the most useful move in the last slot as a spread move which can hit Heatran, but Rock Slide can hit Talonflame and Charizard and Protect can work well.

Hope I could help!
first off dark void is legal in VGC 2014

second Expert Belt/Life orb salamence is pretty useless in the current format because of the amount of pokemon being able to outspeed it as well as the fact that other salamences would be able to outspeed it. Heatran is banned and mega manectric can survive one after an Intimidate so eq is pretty useless on mixmence and then brick break is to linear even though ttar is seen a lot. Also hippowdon is almost never seen due to its lack of coverage moves

LGMLegend While I can understand the Dark Void thing, the Salamence set is very effective and I used it on a team which peaked at 1900. Also, Hippowdon is viable because of Tyranitar's Fighting weakness.
Lastly, your quote says that I'm fat. please change it

LGMLegend While I can understand the Dark Void thing, the Salamence set is very effective and I used it on a team which peaked at 1900. Also, Hippowdon is viable because of Tyranitar's Fighting weakness.
Lastly, your quote says that I'm fat. please change it
quote me and it will say fat LGMLegend said, it does that to everyone
also I really do not care if you achieved a 1900 rating with on a server (not trying to say the Showdown server is bad but not many good/strategical people play it) that is really that great. While on the Hippowdon it does not have the coverage to be good especially with fighting seeing little and littler play I do not see the point of someone using Hippowdon over Tyranitar

You really need a weather setter such as a politoad on your team as tyranitar's sandstorm ability will break smeargle's sash and can be more easily KO'd. another thing to note is that once ferrothorn goes down, your team is susceptible to moves such as rock slide as 1/2 of your team is weak to the rock type. good luck with your vgc's team and may the hacks be ever in your favor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)