1. GET SMOGON SHIRTS HERE! First time ever. Limited time only & next time the design will be different, so get it while you can!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

The Duo.

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Garrettron2000, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Garrettron2000

Garrettron2000

WORK IN PROGRESS

Hey thanks for looking at my team, all constructive criticism is welcome, and sorry, I'm not a very good writer, so sorry if it wasn't very well explained.
    The Duo.
    [​IMG]
    Hydreigon (M) @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Mild Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Flamethrower
    - Superpower
    - Earthquake
    Hydregion on this team is a mixed wallbreaker. I use an expert belt because most of the time one of these moves will be super effective, also, it bluffs a choice set.

[​IMG]
    Latios @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Levitate
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Surf
    - Psyshock
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    Latios is usually my lead on this team, it outspeeds almost everything in the tier and it destroys anything that isn't a special wall. I usually shuffle it around throughout that battle to smash Problems for Hydregion and Magnezone. It also has amazing offensive synergy with Hydregion.
    [​IMG]
    Celebi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 SDef
    Calm Nature
    - Giga Drain
    - Recover
    - Psychic
    - Thunder Wave
    Celebi acts as a support pokemon and a SpD wall, it shares very good typing with Hydregion, (Aside from Ice and Bug) and it spreads paralysis for it.

[​IMG]
    Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature
    - Surf
    - Perish Song
    - Protect
    - Toxic
    Politoed's niche on this team is to A)Wall common fire types by summoning drizzle. (Volcarona,Heatran,Infernape etc.) and B)To stop sweeps with perish song or to stall them out with Toxic+Protect. Politoed also removes a key weakness in Magnezone, Celebi, and Forretress.
    [​IMG]
    Magnezone @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Quiet Nature
    - Flash Cannon
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Thunder
    Magnezone acts as my steel trapper and late game sweeper.

[​IMG]
    Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    Relaxed Nature
    IVs: 0 Spd
    - Rapid Spin
    - Stealth Rock
    - Volt Switch
    - Gyro Ball
    I use Forretress as a rapid spinner and a sponge for physical attacks. He also sets up stealth rock mid-game.​
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  2. Lampent

Lampent

Hey there. First of all, I recommend putting more it into your RMT. You want at least 3 lines of description about how each pokemon works, how you use it or how it synergizes with the rest of your team. Pictures are always good, as well. Look at some other well-made RMTs to understand the level expected in the RMT Forum. This may seem harsh, but there really has been a tragic influx of people posting incomplete or pitifully made RMTs in the Forums.

Onto the team. First of all, you have not really explained how you play your team, so I'm going to have to guess along the way. It may be a good idea to revise your RMT though... As I look at it, Politoed really has no place on your team, since you don't have anything that really benefits from it (small boosts perhaps, but you know what I mean). I also notice you are REALLY weak to Volcarona. Because of the relatively offensive pace of your team, I would reccomend Custap Skarmory as a lead in the place of Politoed. It can set up Spikes early game, and Brave Bird 1HKO'es Volcarona and always outspeeds, with Custap Berry.

Skarmory @ Custap Berry
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Brave Bird
    - Spikes
    - Taunt
    - Stealth Rocks

Next, onto the Volcarona weakness LATE GAME. I would reccomend Heatran, because it can sponge Fire attacks directed at Magnezone. It also serves an excellent check to most Sun Teams. A ScarfTran may go well with your team, outspeeding things like Specially Defensive Celebi and roast the onion nicely over a warm fire for Latios to eat.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    - HP Ice
    - Dragon Pulse

Hope I helped!

- Lampent
  3. Garrettron2000

Garrettron2000

Hey sorry, I kinda just got the important stuff down and i'm editing it now, I also realized how badly I explained thing and I am doing battles to try and get a better summary together, I also explained what Poiltoed is for now. EDIT: I got the descriptions done. They aren't 3 lines or more because I found that I really couldn't stretch anything out that much and they sounded better when they were more to the point anyways, hope you relook over it.
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)