Ability: Flower Veil
Base stats: 74 HP / 65 Atk / 67 Def / 125 SAtk / 128 SDef / 92 Spe (total: 551 BST)
- Light of Ruin!!!
- Energy Ball
- Calm Mind
- Grass Knot
Leaks of hidden content in Pokémon X and Y has revealed a new forme of Floette, called the Eternal Flower. This form - actually a representation of the story-significant AZ's Floette, the eternal Pokémon, with whom AZ seeks to reunite - differs from all other forms of this NFE Pokémon in that it has different stats. In fact, with a decent 92 Speed and a very respectable 125 Special Attack, they are highly buffed from the base Floette and even from the final evolution Florges! It is noteworthy for appearing to be one of the few offensively slanted fairies that aren't terribly slow - something like M-Gardevoir in stat-distribution. It cannot evolve, like the Spiky-Eared Pichu. As far as we know, it cannot use the Eviolite.
The Eternal Flower has its very own signature move, Light of Ruin, which it naturally learns at Level 50. It is a special Fairy-type attack with a whopping 140 base power and apparently, a recoil-effect similar to Head Smash. With a standard boosting item, Floette-E's Light of Ruin is, in fact, the hardest-hitting special Fairy attack in the game, outdamaging M-Gardevoir's Hyper Voice and even Xerneas' Moonblast!
- 252+ SpA Choice Specs Floette-E Light of Ruin vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Manaphy: 364-429 (106.7 - 125.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
- 252+ SpA Life Orb Floette-E Light of Ruin vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Manaphy: 317-374 (92.9 - 109.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
- 252 SpA Choice Specs Floette-E Light of Ruin vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Manaphy: 331-391 (97 - 114.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
- 252 SpA Life Orb Floette-E Light of Ruin vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Manaphy: 289-341 (84.7 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
- 252+ SpA Choice Specs Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Manaphy: 342-403 (100.2 - 118.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
- 252 SpA Choice Specs Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Manaphy: 312-367 (91.4 - 107.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
- 252+ SpA Life Orb Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Manaphy: 298-351 (87.3 - 102.9%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
- 252 SpA Life Orb Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Manaphy: 270-320 (79.1 - 93.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
- 252+ SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Manaphy: 250-295 (73.3 - 86.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
- 252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Manaphy: 228-268 (66.8 - 78.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
- 252+ SpA Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Manaphy: 186-220 (54.5 - 64.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Floette-E @ Choice Specs
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SAtk / 236 Spe
- Light of Ruin
- Hidden Power [Fire/Ground]
With such an absurd move like AZ's Floette has, a Choice Specs set to ramp it up to overkill levels is only natural. Coming off an effective 574 Special Attack, a Light of Ruin is something, not even any but the most specially bulky resists wants to switch into - in fact, a whopping eight Pokémon (M-Venusaur, Heatran, Aegislash, Jirachi, Empoleon, Bronzong, and the Pink Blobs) can avoid a 2HKO!
The other moves are precisely for them (well, except the blobs of course). Psychic will 2HKO special-defensive M-Venusaur, while the Hidden Power can be chosen depending on your team; Ground for Heatran, Fire for all other Steels. Moonblast is here as a second option for two reasons: Floette-E's movepool is barren and more importantly, it gives you a safer move to spam, that doesn't kill yourself in two hits. The Pink Blobs and a few special-defensive Steels may well be the only safe switch-ins to this set, which is just mind-blowing. Talonflame and M-Charizard Y can also live an attack and strike back hard, but they had better not have rocks on their side.
236 Spe EVs are used here to outspeed Timid Heatran, but you can use less speed, if you're running HP Fire. 224 Spe outspeeds Adamant Excadrill, while 144 Spe outspeeds neutral base 80's. You can also use Life Orb with this set instead, but that wears you out even quicker (which might not matter though, given the nature of your main nuke)
Floette-E @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
- Light of Ruin
- Hidden Power [Fire/Ground]
The Eternal Flower can also use a Scarf to become a revenge killer and possibly a late-game cleaner. The Choice Scarf fixes one of Floette-E's biggest problems, its average speed. With it, it can revenge dragons like Lati@s and non-scarf Garchomp and fighting-types like Keldeo, Terrakion, and Infernape, as well as M-Garados, Greninja and others. Light of Ruin is your nuke, but as with Specs, it should be used carefully - half recoil will really wear you down. Moonblast is your late-game cleaning tool.