The Everything Eli Manning Thread - Overrated Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
can we just ban him please.

in other news what do people think about bree's record breaking deal??

I vividly remember a frigid debacle against Cleveland late that year, where we somehow managed to blow the game like 9-7 against one of the most pathetic Browns squads I've ever seen. That day I was ashamed to be a Steelers fan =/.

In other news WHO'S READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!?! A few questions to consider so we can diversify the discussion:

How likely are Cam Newton, Calvin Johnson, and Drew Brees to repeat their otherworldly feats from last season? Where do we project their numbers will be this time around? Not very likely. Cam is gonna suck hard etc. The entire Lions team is gonna be in jail and I guess Drew Brees could do well but I just dont see it without Payton.

Which team will be the biggest surprise this season? The biggest disappointment?

Browns / Broncos

What impact will Luck and Griffin III have on their teams? Which other rookies will stand out?

Luck and Griffin will be under a microscope so their effect (if any) on their team will be covered up by them waking up in the morning and brushing their teeth. Coby Fleener (TE from Stanford) and Whitney Mercilus (OLB from Illinois) will have monster years for their teams.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think Brees deserved a good deal, but I don't think he deserved THAT much. He's not the #1 QB in the league, and last year was most likely the best he'll ever have by a considerable amount, so he's probably on the decline. Paying a guy that much money when he probably only has 2, maybe three more productive seasons left in him is kind of over the top. They're going to have serious cap issues for years to come and when Brees starts getting fragile in his old age they'll be paying a guy $22 mil to sit the bench.

So i'm not the only one excited to see the Browns play? I could see them going 8-8, which would be considered a major sucess by their fans... Who just hope the Browns remain compettitive during their loses.. wow when i heard that i was like damn..

Brandon Weeden could do it.

lol @ yondie.. You actually think just because i hype the Giants that you are somehow a more legitimate poster. Sorry, but just because a fan has high expectations from his team doesn't mean that they are trolls or even wrong. This thread is full of "classy" people who just call anyone who has different views trolls and calling for bans. Pathetic. Tehvalkry, killah and DM seem to be the only ones with actual class. And WB above.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
I have class, yet am pretty consistently a pretty bad fanboy myself. I don't see it.

As for WB's questions, I think the Lions will stay the same/get better, Brees won't perform as well as he did last year, and Cam Newton will improve, but not by much.

I think the team that will surprise people the most will be the Seahawks.

I think Luck and Griffen will have big impacts, but will overall give a general aura of "disappointment" in their performance. I think they'll be doing just fine though.

I think Brees deserved a good deal, but I don't think he deserved THAT much. He's not the #1 QB in the league, and last year was most likely the best he'll ever have by a considerable amount, so he's probably on the decline. Paying a guy that much money when he probably only has 2, maybe three more productive seasons left in him is kind of over the top. They're going to have serious cap issues for years to come and when Brees starts getting fragile in his old age they'll be paying a guy $22 mil to sit the bench.
I do not love judging players by super bowls or even playoffs in general, but it is hard for me not to default Brees to #1 based on playoffs.
2/1, 3/1, 8/0, 2/0, 7/2 are his playoff touchdown/interception results per playoff year. It goes beyond just passing a ton, other quarterbacks can pass a 40 times and still just end up with a 1/1 outcome or something like that. Brees has been ruthlessly overwhelming in the playoffs. I always consider "Brady/the only good Manning/Brees" a tossup for best three quarterbacks, maybe 'approximately' in that order, but if you want to use playoffs as a tiebreaker (and I sort of do) between the guys we inherently "know" to be best, then I think he is #1.

Aww so modest too! Other than when i bring them up, you never even talk about Brady or Patriots. But who the jesus is Griffen?

Two points:

RGlll's size. To me he looks smaller than Vick. Which is saying a lot. I don't think the guy will even finish the season. This guy has to play 6(!) games against Ware, The Cole Train, lolBabin, Tuck, Osi and JPP. Did i miss anyone? Several of those are also top 5 in their respective position. I just don't see how he will be able to last all 16 games. Von Miller also shares this opinion. He said that RGlll is easily rattled. And that was college football. Whatever the case i cannot see Luck or RGlll having a great season.

I really love what the Seahawks did with their secondary. Love it. They could easily become the best pass defense. Which will help against my surprise pick... The Cardinals! Seriously, these guys are a good quaterback away from being unstoppable in the passing game. LF and that Floyd guy? Damn. If he becomes a hit they become the best WR duo in the league. What Peyton would have done with that.

it's ridiculous how many NFL players have gotten arrested this offseason

niggas be trippin' -_-;

also anyone else enjoy the steelers cameos in Dark Knight Rises? my nigga BILL COWHER was in on that shit too. not sure if there were any NFL cameos on the other team tho, wasn't worried about those guys.

it's ridiculous how many NFL players have gotten arrested this offseason

niggas be trippin' -_-;

also anyone else enjoy the steelers cameos in Dark Knight Rises? my nigga BILL COWHER was in on that shit too. not sure if there were any NFL cameos on the other team tho, wasn't worried about those guys.
Cowher was in it as well? Damn I missed that somehow...but yeah, talk about a sweet gig to be in a Batman movie. I mean, that trailer with the whole stadium collapsing has been around for a while, and even seeing it in the movie it doesn't get old.

Don't want to stir the pot too much... But i just got this sweet piece of info:

Tony Romo last year averaged 8.6 yards per play without pass pressure, but only 2.3 yards per play with pass pressure, the biggest gap of any regular starting quarterback except Rex Grossman.
I don't believe in "clutch" or whatever but DAMN. Compared to Eli whos barely even decreased... Well, that's two years in a row that Eli has outplayed Romo. One more year and i officially name Eli as better than Romo as 3 years is plenty of time for Romo to show he is clearly better. I am getting impatient.

Eli is clearly better than Rivers at this point and depending on this year i will start arguing that he is as good as Brady(get ready tehvalkry), Rodgers and Peyton and better than Brees. I don't have an argument there though.. for now.

well, i don't think you can say Eli (or anyone other than Grossman) played better than Romo just based on this one statistic.

but that's a pretty damning bit of info. Romo's problem is therefore just dealing with pressure, especially since 8.6 per regular play sounds REALLY good.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I liked it more when they actually allowed Romo to run with the ball sometimes. :( I'm all for keeping your head upfield but he lets so many good rushing opportunities go now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)