The Everything NFL Punter Thread - 2014/2015 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
DEFLATEGATE 2015

Deflated footballs are easier to play with; they're easier to throw and are less likely to bounce off a receiver's hands/fingers. If the Patriots were EVILLY CONSPIRING to KNOCK THE AIR OUT OF THE COMPETITION, this would be the game to do it because of the WINDY conditions. Also to make such a high-stress game more LOW PRESSURE. If I were a Pats fan, knowing we won by cheating would really DEFLATE my hopes for winning the Super Bowl. Whoever had the idea to tamper with the balls is a real AIRHEAD, don't you think?

I'm not sure if reporters are onto something or just BLOWING WIND, but if it's true then this distraction could really TAKE THE WIND OUT OF NEW ENGLAND'S SAILS.

Rooting for the Patriots this year, in the hopes of a hilariously drama filled offseason where Brady retires after finally being back on top as a four time SB winner, Belichick fears tarnishing his coaching career by coaching without Brady and also leaves, all while Peyton Manning limps back to have one last shot at reclaiming the GOAT title and basically replicates Brett Favre's 2010 campaign while Brady is sitting at home with Gisele drinking champagne.

The Pats losing draft picks for something as stupid and inconsequential as under-inflating balls would just be icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm assuming they were giving themselves the deflated ones and the Colts normal ones then if this actually happened, otherwise you'd think Luck would've had a slightly better game?

Packers choked, so the Super Bowl matchup perfectly fine with me. Seeing Brady finally win after a near decade of coming up short would be nice, but so would seeing the nfl explode from the Seattle hate when they win two straight and Russell Wilson is declared GOAT

MFW the patriots hate today
Why would anyone want to be a pats fan? Last time I checked the Giants have been more successful since 2006.

Packers choked, so the Super Bowl matchup perfectly fine with me. Seeing Brady finally win after a near decade of coming up short would be nice, but so would seeing the nfl explode from the Seattle hate when they win two straight and Russell Wilson is declared GOAT
The Seattle hatred is the dumbest in sports. Its a small market team that has found success recently. Not a few years ago they were underdogs fighting to be acknowledged. Also, I thought people liked the way they play the game? Run the ball, play defense. I don't. I rather see qbs pass for 400 yards per game but I also appreciate teams like these for the short amount fo time they can do this. Enjoy the Seahawks guys, it won't last forever and it'll be a while before we see so many talented players on a single team again.

Why would anyone want to be a pats fan? Last time I checked the Giants have been more successful since 2006.

The Seattle hatred is the dumbest in sports. Its a small market team that has found success recently. Not a few years ago they were underdogs fighting to be acknowledged. Also, I thought people liked the way they play the game? Run the ball, play defense. I don't. I rather see qbs pass for 400 yards per game but I also appreciate teams like these for the short amount fo time they can do this. Enjoy the Seahawks guys, it won't last forever and it'll be a while before we see so many talented players on a single team again.
Even now, Seattle is still the underdog and will continue to be. Some people even have the cajones to say the players/team isn't even good. From what I remember reading a month or so ago, if they win the Super Bowl, they'd have one of the highest ratings in the history of the NFL. Just behind the Patriots in fact (two of their seasons are the highest actually, forgot which). Need to find that article...

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Deflated footballs? Deflated footballs.

makes no difference in this game. even if they were charged people would scream because they are not going to vacate the game played last night (they would be penalized in the draft and there only), but it doesn't change how they made the colts entire team look like little bitches.

This was the same colts defense that grabbed peyton manning's offense by the neck and threw them off like toys. Also the same colts offense that pounded through their first two playoff opponents. So yeah...

Give the pats some credit for outplaying their opponents when they deserve it...like now.

Deflated footballs? Deflated footballs.

makes no difference in this game. even if they were charged people would scream because they are not going to vacate the game played last night (they would be penalized in the draft and there only), but it doesn't change how they made the colts entire team look like little bitches.

This was the same colts defense that grabbed peyton manning's offense by the neck and threw them off like toys. Also the same colts offense that pounded through their first two playoff opponents. So yeah...

Give the pats some credit for outplaying their opponents when they deserve it...like now.

Uh colts get no respect for beating the broncos or bengals. Neither team had the ability to throw the ball. They just needed to get all 11 guys on defense to focus on stopping the run and they win/won. Colts are a mediocre team that happened to play two bad teams(one of those because of injuries to the greatest qb ever). The pats get props for taming the beast known as Playoff Flacco but the Colts game was meaningless.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't have beef with Seattle for being underdogs or winning or being good or whatever.
I hate them for being arrogant assholes who think they are God's gift to football. You'd think being the underdog for so long would give you a degree of humility, not the opposite.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/19/new-england-patriots-deflategate-bill-belichick-tom-brady

Can we all just take a moment to acknowledge that this is an actual article written by an actual "journalist"
This honestly gives me a sick feeling. The fact that respectable people in the industry just have this unbridled hatred for the Patriots. And it can't be called anything else. Mike Wilbon on PTI today said their win over the Colts should be vacated if the allegations are found to be true. I'm just sitting here like... this is a game where the breach of a rules is considered to be so fucking standard and expected that they have built-in penalties to compensate for every breaking of a rule. And yet for whatever reason the people just constantly, CONSTANTLY accuse the Patriots of being "Cheaters". No one point out the fact that the Seahawks and the Patriots are the most Penalized teams in the league (#1 and #2 respectively). No one is going to call the Seahawks cheaters. Meanwhile Detroit at #3 is considered "dirty", but no one will call them cheaters.

And the best part is that the least penalized team in the NFL is The Jacksonville Jaguars. Are we giving them a prize? Are we going out of our way to congratulate them on being such good fucking sports? No. Mostly the common consensus is to ridicule them for being a bad team.

Just fuck this shit man. It's fucking tiring.

I dunno, I consider the Seahawks cheaters, but that's just personal unfounded opinion :)

As for the Patriots, well Spygate still lives on in people's memories with that tarnished reputation. No matter what they do, until Belichick is gone and however many decades from now (when they'll probably go back to being subpar), haters have that incident and are going to look for any reason to bring up conspiracy/alleged cheating just because they're still successful.

http://deadspin.com/reports-dqwell-...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Since everyone's playing the reckless speculation game right now Lemme just lay out a possible scenario here:

1.Colts intercept ball
2.Colts complain to the officials (Who check the ball before every play) that something might be possibly weird about it maybe sorta kinda who knows
3.2nd half starts which is why the officials took extra time to inspect the football before play resumed
4.Nothing was wrong with it
5.Colts get ass devastated in the 2nd half
6.Colts have lost their last 6 games to the Patriots (the latter 4 by 3+ TDs each) and have been their whipping boys for about 15 years so they might be a little perturbed
7.Colts leak story about Ballghazi to their beat reporter Bob Kravitz knowing that if anyone accuses the patriots of anything the public will believe it.
8.Public attention is now focused on how much air is in footballs instead of how badly the colts got destroyed by some random Street free agent running back for the 3rd game in a row.

AGAIN THESE ARE JUST ALLEGATIONS, WOULDN'T WANNA RUSH TO JUDGEMENT OR ANYTHING.

Last edited:
Ravens got Trestman as their new OC... mixed feelings. On one hand I feel like we don't have an identity on offense anymore, but on the other hand I like Flacco to have a career year next season and the offense to potentially be the best it's been in Raven history with Trestman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)