The Everything NFL Thread: 2011-2012 Season (plus free agency I guess)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Saints vs Packers... and dear god, can the Packers be stopped? Sure hope so.

Too bad for the Colts, they really are going to struggle without him.

I heard you like passing statistics

Brees/Rodgers threw a combined 59/84 (70.2%) for 733 yards and 6 TDs.

The end was thrilling too, but I have to say I'm surprised they went with the rookie Ingram rather than having Brees throw it or giving it to Thomas (not that Thomas would have scored either), but it goes to show how much trust they put into the guy already.

Greenbay the end the error cost him dearly, as best they could do is play quarterback, the last play was the same defensive stop in front of the 1-yard line

Titans gonna win the division, you heard it here first.

Also, damn I was hoping the Saints would be able to push it to OT. Great way to start the season.

Definitely was exciting for sure, good way to lead off with a bang. Don't think they could've chosen a better game to lead the season off with, almost gets rid of the bad taste of the offseason.

...bleh

All these weapons on offense and the Falcons don't even challenge the Bears defense thus far. (I say thus far because I turned the game off lol)

I just hope they fix these mistakes over the week. Missed tackles, bad penalties, dropped passes.

edit: looking at NFL.com, a lot of fans probably aren't happy about their teams performances

...bleh

All these weapons on offense and the Falcons don't even challenge the Bears defense thus far. (I say thus far because I turned the game off lol)

I just hope they fix these mistakes over the week. Missed tackles, bad penalties, dropped passes.
Agreed.

Also, anyone else watching the Ravens wrecking the Steelers?

Week 1, when we find out "we did not really know anything after all." Except that the Bengals-Browns was probably going to be the worst game of the week, and that the Collins led old man Colts were doomed. Luke McCown playing like a MAN? Bills thrashing the Chiefs? Bears Falcons is not such a surprise, Bears D was not going to disintegrate overnight even though it had some factual luck last year, and you get good Cutler some games. Bad Cutler will rear his head 3-5 games this season still. Lions hype, Texans hype, and Eagles hype all good so far...usually hype fails, so this is actually surprising to me at least (no matter what people claim they "know" for certain).

Congratulations DM :P

EDIT: Other thing we knew - SAM BRADFORD IS NOT A GOOD QUARTERBACK YET HEY LOOK HE THREW LESS THAN 6 YARDS A PASS, WHO COULD HAVE GUESSED THAT WOULD HAPPEN. THANKS, LOOK AT STATISTICS NEXT TIME WE FUCKING SPEND AN ENTIRE PAGE OF THE THREAD DISCUSSING THEM!!!!!

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Hi, my name is Capt Kirby, and I like trying to use one performance from a Sophomore Quarterback to declare his awfulness when he's throwing against one of the strongest Secondaries in the game right now.

I agree that Bradford sucks, but you can't look at one stat and declare something definitively while ignoring other critical and relevant facts.

Hi, my name is Capt Kirby, and I like trying to use one performance from a Sophomore Quarterback to declare his awfulness when he's throwing against one of the strongest Secondaries in the game right now.

I agree that Bradford sucks, but you can't look at one stat and declare something definitively while ignoring other critical and relevant facts.
Here we go again...

I'm sensing quite a few of us are gonna be unhappy with our picks in the prediction thread, though for what it's worth I'm happy I was wrong and the Bears dominated the Falcons :D

HOLY SHIT CAM NEWTON RUNNING 2 MIN OFFENSE LIKE A BAWSE ITS A DREAM COME TRUE

EDIT: Aw man, stopped short.

But holy shit even though those numbers are inflated, 418 and 2 TDs through the air are you kidding me

Vintage Vikings

lol cardinals making Newton look good, and he STILL threw a pick 6

Lions/Bucs was a close/interesting game =O

Loved watching the Ravens stomp the Steelers

Peyton Manning is clearly (by definition) the most valuable player in the league, but that doesn't mean he should win the MVP every year if you think it should be assigned by a non-literal defintion

Puzzled by the results of several of the games (Falcons/Bears, Redskins/Giants, etc.), but whatevs, it's FOOTBALL

More often than not, what you see week 1 is some indication of "what is real". Redskins/Giants is not puzzling - the Redskins defense is probably improved, and the Giants have lost too many players on defense or to injury. Rex Grossman being a top 5-10 quarterback, that you can hold the skepticism on a little longer. Something else not confusing from this game - hey, Tim Hightower is who we thought he was!

Cardinals probably have an even worse defense than last year; I would absolutely hold off taking Cam Newton's result as definitive until he plays another team.

EDIT: laughing fairly hard at this

TD 3:56 Ted Ginn Jr. 102 Yard Kickoff Return (David Akers Kick is Good)
Drive info: 3 plays, -7 yds, 0:59
17 26
TD 3:05 Ted Ginn Jr. 55 Yard Punt Return (David Akers Kick is Good)
Drive info: 1 plays, 55 yds, 0:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)