The Everything NFL Thread: 2011-2012 Season (plus free agency I guess)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mind you I think Tebow does have a future at QB somewhere, but it's not likely going to be in Denver, he's just a distraction to Fox and Elway I bet, and he's still not at the level where he can beat out Orton soundly for the job (though he didn't look too bad in the 3 games he did start last year). And yet, he's not really tradeable because McDaniels pulled a boneheaded move by moving up to grab him in the first round, meaning the Broncos will want a moderately high pick for him that no one else will want to give up since they all obviously didn't believe in Tebow and didn't bother drafting him either. Not to mention he was still signed back under the old rookie contracts, so he's "overpriced" compared to picks nowdays likely as well.

Overall, just seems like a lose-lose to everyone involved, unless the team starts losing more and Quinn gets injured or demoted, Tebow isn't likely gonna play. Though I guess it depends on how willing management and Fox are willing to cave in to fan pressure, because if they do start Tebow and still lose, then fans'll just be more pissed likely.

Can someone explain to me what the fuck Orton did to remotely deserve a benching?

He kept the Broncos competitive in the game without his star wide receiver or his running back, they had less than 40 yards running the ball, yet he still posted 300 yards passing. He didn't have a good completion percentage, but it's rather hard to do everything by yourself (in the rain no less).

Tebow's best game last year (16-29, 308 yds, 1 TD, 1 Int) was just as bad as Orton's monday night and was against the worst pass defense in the league, Houston. He'd have a more productive career as a tailback than he will ever have as a passer, no matter what team he ends up on.

Not to mention he was still signed back under the old rookie contracts, so he's "overpriced" compared to picks nowdays likely as well.
If you paid any attention to the actual wage scale, you would see that they only matter for picks in the top 10-15. Tebow's deal is worth $9 million over 5 years (1.8 a year); this season's 25th pick James Carpenter was signed for 4 years for $7.6 (1.9), and Andy Dalton's contract (closest pick to Tebow's at 35th) was signed 4 years for $5.2 million (1.3). If Tim Tebow was worth anything at all that price would be worth it for any QB-seeking team!

Fox isn't going to cave into fan pressure unless Orton gets progressively worse. He's far more likely to give Quinn a shot at starting before moving to Tebow, and I don't see much chance in that happening anytime soon either.

Ok I have to ask the most random offtopic question for you Killah...what the hell is with all this My Little Pony crap popping up everywhere? Hell, on the WoW fansite forums I visit, there's literally a thread over 14k pages long filled with spam talk about it...is it some other retarded meme or something?

Tebow's best game last year (16-29, 308 yds, 1 TD, 1 Int) was just as bad as Orton's monday night and was against the worst pass defense in the league, Houston. He'd have a more productive career as a tailback than he will ever have as a passer, no matter what team he ends up on.
He has one of the best work ethics and works harder than almost anyone else. Above all else he's won at all levels of football, no matter who doubted him. He may never win MVP, but he will probably get a ring with some team.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
So far:

I haven't watched many Bears games, but Jesus their offensive line is even worse then I remember. Absolutely horrible.

Joe Flacco struggles with zone defenses. Cam is actually calling the right plays this time.

Cam Newton is god! 90 yards on their first play for a TD! Pretty impressed with what he's done for the Panthers in 5 quarters this season even though there's a long way to go. If they somehow upset the Pack...

He has one of the best work ethics and works harder than almost anyone else. Above all else he's won at all levels of football, no matter who doubted him. He may never win MVP, but he will probably get a ring with some team.
That sounds like something you tell a little kid so that they never give up. Work ethic? Seriously? If he doesn't have the talent to back it up (which is debatable) then work ethic means little.

I don't care how hard you work, if there's twenty quarterbacks on twenty teams better than Denver at the moment I wouldn't consider it likely for him to go deep in the playoffs as anything more than a backup from what I've seen from him!

Jamaal Charles got carted off the field in the Chiefs-Lions game, but apparently it looks bad (ACL-bad). McCluster's looked good in limited action, but with their schedule it'll be a long year if Charles can't play.

I agree with Killah that work ethic means nothing if the player doesn't have the talent and proper preparation for Game day.

The Bills are a fluke like I figured, Fitzpatrick is getting rolled by the Raiders defense.
Raiders are looking real good without their 3 starting recievers. McFadden and Michael Bush are just running through the Bills weak defense, Campbell is making smart decisions and playing conservative with the football. Campbell really doesn't have to do much in this game, the rushing game and Raiders defense is doing most of the work.

Cam Newton is impressive, that is all.

Cam Newton is: not impressive. They're getting their ass kicked up and down the field. He was like OH A LEAD and shit his pants.

Meanwhile, the raiders are: very impressive. Claim it's buffalo being bad all you want, oakland is the best team in that division.

Certain? I just said it was debatable!

I haven't said a word about Newton because I believe his game against the Cards was a fluke more than anything. I fully expect him to struggle in the second half of the season (or sooner) once defensive coordinators figure him out.

Raiders @ Bills was the most exciting game and seemed poised to be the least exciting game. I just really wanted Oakland to lose. Looks like my Broncos might be able to pull out a win in Cincy. Honestly, stumped as to how the Ravens lost to the Titans (game wasn't available where I'm at, I had TB @ Vikings and Jags @ Jets). But I really regret not starting Schaub over Flacco. :( Welker needs to get more passes and/or TDs. Good Sunday so far though.

P.S. If I hear this fucking Fiat commercial one more goddamn time....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)