The Everything NFL Thread: 2011-2012 Season (plus free agency I guess)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vikings 12-4, I'm calling it now. I'm still going to pick against them for the time being, but I know they aren't a bad team. At least Tennessee lost, but this was a good chance for us to get ahead. What the hell is wrong with our defense after the first quarter?

Did you even watch the game? Mario Williams left the game with an injury...

And while yes, Schaub can be pressured a few times, this wasn't necessary his fault as it was Vickers dropping a completely walk-in touchdown. Or Rackers missing a 40~ yarder that would've allowed the Texans to just end the game on another FG.

Did you even watch the game? Mario Williams left the game with an injury...

And while yes, Schaub can be pressured a few times, this wasn't necessary his fault as it was Vickers dropping a completely walk-in touchdown. Or Rackers missing a 40~ yarder that would've allowed the Texans to just end the game on another FG.
Yes, I knew Williams left with a pectoral injury, but I didn't think the defense was so reliant on him. I figured they could do something without him. Yeah, I thought about the missed field goal and realized we would have won if he had made it. I wasn't too sure if the last play was Schaub's fault or not, but the game shouldn't have come down to that anyway. They're saying Williams could be out for two months if his pectoral muscle is torn. We've got a long road ahead of us... And after they showed so much promise...

I'm sorry if I seem ignorant, but I have to rely on the announcers to know what's going on in the game, and they don't really describe the big picture. That's why I was asking about the defense and the play at the end.

It was a nice effort until the falcons got away from their plan. Too many late penalties and abandoned the running game.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
packers let them score 2 tds to try to add a challenge to the game and it didn't even matter.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
All the attention's on New England, Green Bay, Detroit, New Orleans, Buffalo and Baltimore, but quietly the 49ers (and the Chargers) are there in the thick of things.
Yeah, I can't believe the Chargers are flying under the radar still. Maybe it's because Rivers hasn't been wowing anyone with his passing stats, but mostly it's because they're not fucking bombing the start of the season for once and are actually doing what they're supposed to do (beat bad teams). Still, their wins aren't building a lot of confidence, and I could see them losing the division to Oakland if they're not careful.

Eagles are still ridiculously talented and almost pulled out that win. But jesus h. triplejumping christ, I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT WORKED.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Do you guys still disagree with me when I say that Vick is a decent QB but is very overrated? Or do we need another 5 turnover game before those who were arguing with me earlier in the thread believe.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
yo, like half of vick's ints aren't even his fault.

he has good receivers but for some reason they tip high...

Yeah, I can't believe the Chargers are flying under the radar still. Maybe it's because Rivers hasn't been wowing anyone with his passing stats, but mostly it's because they're not fucking bombing the start of the season for once and are actually doing what they're supposed to do (beat bad teams). Still, their wins aren't building a lot of confidence, and I could see them losing the division to Oakland if they're not careful.

Eagles are still ridiculously talented and almost pulled out that win. But jesus h. triplejumping christ, I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT WORKED.
The Chargers beat four of the worst teams in the league (Dolphins, Vikings, Chiefs, Broncos). The only team out of those four that is better than 1-4 is one that beat one of the others! None of the victories have been inspiring either. They beat the Dolphins by 10, but they were supposed to win that game by 8 anyway. Oddsmakers trusted Chargers so little the Chargers were only -3.5 favorites against an awful Broncos...of course, the Raiders were 4.5 dogs so I guess that is maybe a moot point, road or not! The Raiders beat the Texans and Jets, this is a lot more convincing to me. They struggled against the Broncos too, but that was week 1 when the team was clearly not as cohesive as every week afterward. Both teams lost to the Patriots, but in pretty similar fashion, and the Raiders only lost to the Bills by a defensive player dropping an interception that was solidly in his hands. To this point, the Raiders seem much better than the Chargers to me. I think we might get a nice case of the two of them facing each other deciding the division though :D

FUCK THE EAGLES

So to maybe be a little positive! teams that lead divisions:
Bills - super fun, who cares if they had a letdown game? This is a sport with a LOT of random factors, no team can be perfect every game.
Ravens - well after the Titans let me down (>:() this is the only defense that looks invincible so far...it is okay all I need is for the Texans or them to beat the Patriots :D
Texans - ^_______^ I was skeptical it could happen (I think I picked Titans preseason!), but any team with a good defense AND good offense is always fun to watch, and even their losses have been very exciting
Chargers - meh worst division leader in the second worst division, whatever...hell Chargers and Raiders are only +11 and +3. Sorry but this division fucking stinks.

Redskins - just like Al Davis, even Dan Snyder cannot fuck up his team forever; rooting for Rex "I used to be a gunslinger" Grossman to throw interceptions in games the Redskins control has been super fun!
Packers - "sucked their dicks" already (#1 best team)
Saints - ditto (#2 best team unless they lose again before the Lions lose to someone besides Packers!)
49ers - I think they are doomed to failure when any single game is put on Alex Smith to win, but if the defense can stay relatively lucky with injuries...well shit, they could actually really be interesting

My thoughts in a nutshell:

*claps* Minnesota finally decide to play ALL the game, while Indy decided to channel their inner Viking. The Eagles remind me of the Miami Heat of last year, too bad the NFL plays only 16 games..... The Bills are for real and possibly the 49ers!? And after the Giants decided to choke, I'm starting to think Rex Grossman can see the future.

So, Dolphins and Colts in the Luck sweepstakes still (not really counting the Rams since they have Bradford and will eventually get easier games to win)...wonder who will take it? Personally, I don't think the Colts need another 10+ years of dominance with a big time QB, so here's to hoping the Dolphins land Luck while the Colts realize how stupid it was to have never bothered finding any semi-decent backup to train to eventually supplant Manning; hell even Walsh brought in Young while Montana was still hot.

Also, Tebow time anyone? Granted, in terms of passing he wasn't much better than Orton against the Chargers (though he did hit more yards and a TD), but at least he can scramble and run it himself unlike Orton. To me, it's only a matter of time at this point before Fox and Elway/management cave in to fan demand for more Tebow, they're 1-4 and already looking at an early offseason, why not at least see what he can offer with a full year and decide from there if they wanna try the Luck sweepstakes? Hell, if Tebow had somehow won today's game, almost guarantee he'd be the starter in 2 weeks VS the Dolphins...

My thoughts in a nutshell:

*claps* Minnesota finally decide to play ALL the game, while Indy decided to channel their inner Viking. The Eagles remind me of the Miami Heat of last year, too bad the NFL plays only 16 games..... The Bills are for real and possibly the 49ers!? And after the Giants decided to choke, I'm starting to think Rex Grossman can see the future.
You can't call the Eagles the Miami Heat, they weren't out of playoff contention by December

I wouldn't count on the Texans beating the Patriots (or any decent team for that matter) if Williams doesn't come back. Tennessee should take the division pretty easily now. The Texans will never be a Super Bowl team with Matt Schaub. I know the game wasn't all his fault (Rackers missing the FG, Williams and Johnson hurt), but if we lost to Oakland the way we did, we will never beat a team like the Packers or Patriots.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
All we need is Maurice Jones Drew to get injured and we can officially call the AFC south cursed. Every other team has lost their best offensive player for an extended period of time (AJ81, Manning, Britt).

You can't call the Eagles the Miami Heat, they weren't out of playoff contention by December
It certainly seem like they were. The first half of the season was horrible for them, but they manage to turn it around.

Also, I wouldn't say the Eagles are out of playoff contention(since the NFC East is just a big ?), but they'll have to go at least 9-2 the rest of the way.

Sooo...am I the only one who's having issues with the fact that The Panthers lost in the last quarter once AGAIN? Seriously, we need some defense. Like, NOW.

not to mention the other 10 games on their schedule

(they should at least beat denver at home)
Killah has the right idea

I think you guys are overreacting about the Eagles/Vick, their division is pretty terrible this year (the Giants just lost to Seattle...) and they have plenty of games left to make a comeback. I am hoping for a Bills/Lions Super Bowl though!

the ones who have fallen is your level of play are the cowboys, Tony Romo only plays for money, is one of the lowest falls of the NFL

I'll go with Chargers vs Packers superbowl.

Once Rivers gets going, the AFC will be in trouble :o

(I would pick the Texans since they have been p good this year, but they have been crippled by injuries. Sucks that the one year that they will get past the Colts, two of their biggest stars go down for an extended amount of time :/)

Daily rant against the CFL, if anyone watches it: With 4 weeks to go, 5/6 teams have clinched for the playoffs, with the last team only needing 1 win (or opponent loss). What a joke of a league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)