The Everything NFL Thread: 2011-2012 Season (plus free agency I guess)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was a neutral viewer, Vikings vs Chargers would've been a great game, but I'm not. Percy Harvin can't make the Pro Bowl as a receiver if your teams total Passing Yards is 28. Definetely need to work on that. I was impressed by the play of the secondary, however.

And lol @ SCam Newton.

Granted it is against the Cardinals, but Newton definitely put up some impressive numbers, shame they fell short of a win (mainly because I don't want anyone else winning in the NFC West besides Niners). Next week against the Packers will be a better test to see how good Newton can be.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
My disgust for Cam Newton as a human being doesn't detract from the hilarity that he literally threw for more than ten times as many yards as upstanding citizen Donovan McNabb. :justin:

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Fitzpacky is a monster. They didn't look bad at all, not expecting to much out of them this year but maybe in the future.

Godamnit. Great start steelers. Way to come out of that post-superbowol loss slum. Seriously, this was a huge game for us, and we fucking lost it.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lol 7 turnovers. Was I the only Steeler fan that was pretty much laughing from the start of the second half onward? That game was beyond absurd.

Only thing I was a little miffed about was the poor sportsmanship being displayed by the Ravens coach and fans. Going for it on 4th and 1 when you're up 29-7 already? Get over yourself Harbaugh. And turning the "USA USA" chant into "Steelers suck steelers suck" on 9/11 is equally disgusting. I lost a little respect for the Ravens today because of that...

The game itself I wasn't really bothered by though. Pittsburgh played awful and did not deserve to win, whereas Ravens D played amazing and forced key plays to solidify the victory. We'll see how matchup #2 turns out though :)

lol 7 turnovers. Was I the only Steeler fan that was pretty much laughing from the start of the second half onward? That game was beyond absurd.

Only thing I was a little miffed about was the poor sportsmanship being displayed by the Ravens coach and fans. Going for it on 4th and 1 when you're up 29-7 already? Get over yourself Harbaugh. And turning the "USA USA" chant into "Steelers suck steelers suck" on 9/11 is equally disgusting. I lost a little respect for the Ravens today because of that...
hey you can have your respect, im pretty sure the ravens are just fine with that W on the column

Don't want them to run up the score? Then stop them.

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus

The game itself I wasn't really bothered by though. Pittsburgh played awful and did not deserve to win, whereas Ravens D played amazing and forced key plays to solidify the victory. We'll see how matchup #2 turns out though :)
Oh yes and Polomalu and the rest of the Steelers taking cheap shots when they are down 4 TDs is so classy...

The Steelers have tormented us for years, just let us have this one WaterBomb. You really have no idea what this win means for us Ravens fans, even if it is week one. I still feel the pain from all of the times you have come back to beat us, so it feels good to straight up dominate from start to finish.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
rigged as fuck everyone knows it

literally starting 4th string CB and Dallas' best receiver put out of commission at that

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
this is what they mean when they say "a QB is not a winner"

granted the punt block was bad but the rest of the meltdown was all on romo

and the fact is, there's just something intangible about his game that truly drags dallas down - you can't express it with stats or even film, but he just finds ways to lose games.

You might not have noticed since you are so intent on damning Romo, but we still lost just as much from things like "we had no running game of any sort". That fumble was him being sloppy for a few seconds (definitely preventable, definitely his fault), and one interception in a game with over 300 yards passing and two touchdowns and things falling apart is not exactly damning. Obviously it all looks pretty bad in a row, but we controlled most of the game with passing and defense...with Sanchez instead of Romo, we lose that game the entire way!

Shitty way to lose for the Cowboys, but if I were a Dallas fan things would be looking up for the rest of the year.

They should be favorites for their next three games, with the most difficult being Detroit at home. After the bye week, they're @ New England, vs St Louis, and @ Philly, a pretty tough 3 game stretch. But after that, they have another 5 game stretch where they should be favorites in every game. Even if they won only the games they're "supposed" to win for the rest of the season, they'll be knocking on 10 wins and a trip to the playoffs.

I get the feeling the Falcons' game was more of a fluke than a sign of things to come as well. They looked equally bad against the Steelers in the opener last year, when Roethlisberger wasn't playing and they still found a way to lose. However, having to host Philly the next week isn't a good sign at all, and falling to 0-2 and having a "must win" at Tampa the week after isn't a promising sign either!

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion

I supported that decision to go for it on 4 and 1 wholeheartedly. You guys have come back from 3 TD defecits in playoff games before (start of the third quarter last year against you I think we were 3 TD up) and come to lose. If we make 4th and 1 that ends the game. Also you didn't notice that for almost the entire 4th quarter all we did was run? If Harbaugh wanted to run up the score he would have continued to pick on the Steelers pathetic pass defense as opposed to running 50 billion times when the game finally was sealed. Also really? You lost respect for the Ravens today? I know it seems in bad taste because of what day it is but we're talking about a team with James Harrison on it, not to mention Polomalu attempting to salvage something from the game by randomly cheap shotting Ravens hoping for a reaction.

Sorry man I have a lot of respect for you as a poster and a person, but I don't really agree with your post there. Except for us deserving to win :). As Fabbles said, this game meant a hell of a lot more to us fans and our players then you know.

Ps @ Fabbles. Threesome with Ozzie? How amazing did our O-line look today, especially considering they'd never played together before!

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Losing respect for an organization because of that organization's fans is how the cool kids do it these days.

P.S. Ochocinco will be deadweight all of tomorrow. I'm gonna say 3 catches for under 30 yards one of them being an easy TD just to keep him happy. I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling I'm not.

lol at romo haters when sanchez had the same exact turnovers in just about equally as important situations.

it just so happened that the jets had the last possession but otherwise, romo and sanchez canceled each other out

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sorry, just gets a little sour when you're being kicked when you're down. I'm sure Steelers fans have been equally rude when the situation was reversed, so I cannot defend that. I don't think Polamalu was cheap shotting people, but then again I stopped really paying attention to every play when the turnovers reached like 5. I could have my blinders on. I still think it was a bit of twisting the knife when Harbaugh decided to go for it on 4th and 1, and also when he challenged the last fumble by Moore (regardless of whether he was correct or not, the game was over at that point). I think most of all I'm just frustrated with how pathetic my own team was, because they are not a bad team.

The Ravens did deserve the revenge, they played their butts off and earned it. I just have a general disdain for "twisting the knife", even if it's my own team doing it (and you will definitely see me calling out my own teammates for doing stupid crap like that, such as Ike Taylor causing a ruckus and drawing a personal foul penalty after his team had just stopped the Ravens on 3rd down and likely a punt was ensuing)

ANYWAY, just want to move on to week 2. Week 1 was a wake up call.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Congratulations DM :P
Heh, that felt good. But I picked them to win, I'm not surprised by that part of it. (The 41 points, however...)

Vintage Vikings
Leslie Frazer seems to be suffering from a bit of Brad Childress-itis, the only cure is to play Joe Webb or Christian Ponder next game. I hope for his recovery from that terrible affliction.

tell me something
how in the fuck did buffalo pull off that?
seriously, when was the last time buffalo put up 41 points?
Last season, when we outscored the Bengals 35-0 in the second half to win 49-31.

Fitzpacky is a monster. They didn't look bad at all, not expecting to much out of them this year but maybe in the future.
Fuck that, we're making some noise this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)