The Everything NFL Thread - 2012 Season (Up til 2013 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
According to Brandon Spano of 93.7 FM. in Denver, the Baltimore Ravens are close to signing former Broncos linebacker Elvis Dumervil

I dunno, I heard they were willing to start earlier but that the whole parking fiasco and rush hour with the Ravens' start time was another factor. But in all seriousness, rescheduling a baseball game (they only play what, 150+ of the fucking things over a season, waaay too many) is a lot easier than football...
The baseball schedule has been out for months. Cities with baseball/football teams that share a stadium (or parking lot, whatever) take special care to prepare for these situations on Sundays; the fact that it's on a Thursday and the start of a home series (meaning they can't feasibly move it to earlier in the day) makes this game pretty un-moveable. Baseball games are also way, way more difficult to schedule for other days, because there's so few off days during the season.

According to Brandon Spano of 93.7 FM. in Denver, the Baltimore Ravens are close to signing former Broncos linebacker Elvis Dumervil
He's been back and forth between the Ravens and Broncos all week it sounds like so I wouldn't put too much stock into it... but this is something that needs to happen. No point in freeing up all that cap room if they're not gonna spend it!

The Bengals aren't ready to win anything this year and you can't be serious about the Browns. It's still the Ravens to lose - I agree with what WaterBomb said!
I will say this. The Ravens were certainly legitimate year in and year out, so them winning makes some sort of sense based on that logic. Conversely, this year was the shittiest version of the Ravens D in years, and if a miracle QB run is the definition of success (shitty QB magically goes 11/0), why not Andy Dalton? The Bengals are shitty, but Andy Dalton is definitely not a worse QB than Joe Flacco. AJ Green no shows a lot of big games, still probably better than Boldin no matter how much you like Boldin's acrobatics (although I am no fan of what Green has done to this point, so you do not have to convince me of anything).

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TONY ROMO GETS SIX YEARS, $108 MILLION LOLOLOL

Now Flacco and Romo are the highest paid QBs in the league LOLOLLOL

Although on a real note I think the happiest people in the world right now are Cam Newtwon, Russell Wilson, RG3, Luck, Colin K'nick, Dalton, Ryan, etc who are still young with actual talent.

Romo deserves it and that contract doesn't do him justice. Like that guy in this thread said, Romo has the hardest job in the NFL. It's only natural his paycheck reflects the diffilcuty of what he does. Eh i don't even think Brady is better than Romo. But thats just me taking a shot at a Patriots fan. Only Rodgers and Peyton are clearly superior to Romo at this point. And Peyton is probably the greatest QB who ever played the game so whatever. But of course this is all imho.

Also, i pray the Cowboys OL remains mediocre so that we can watch the greatest show on TV every weekend. Romo vs pass rush trying to catch up. Epic stuff.

Romo, that same guy that's 1-3 or something in playoff games, can't lead his team to playoffs in most seasons, and likes to throw those untimely interceptions deserving? I dunno, but even Flacco's ridiculous contract at least makes a bit of sense in that vein...

Don't get me wrong, statistically Romo is good. But he happily got the owner to overpay simply because the cards were in his hands; he couldn't be franchised due to his contract if no extension was reached next year. Plus I guess, like the analysts are saying, odds are he will be kicked before serving out the entirety of that contract, unless they start winning super bowls he'll be cut before the last 2-3 years kick in.

And like jrrrrrrr said, this is good news for the current young guys looking for their extensions in the next couple of years since it's inflating the QB prices all around.

And like jrrrrrrr said, this is good news for the current young guys looking for their extensions in the next couple of years since it's inflating the QB prices all around.
It's not inflated at all. Flacco just signed for $20 million/year, Ryan will get $18-20 million, and Rodgers is reportedly about to get $23-25 million. $18 million for a guy that is easily the #5 or #6 best QB in the league (who is several seasons younger than Brees, Brady, or Manning) is a completely fair price.

Indeed, Romo's low signing bonus (relatively) paves the way for him to possibly be released after 2014 (even though his 2015 salary is mostly guaranteed, they'd lose a lot in cap hit) if necessary, and he'll never see the last three years of his contract without another extension. If he keeps doing what he's been doing, though, he'll be well worth the money... even if he doesn't carry them to the playoffs, no one else could do it on that team either.

If Romo keeps throwing 4500-4800+ yards seasons with TDs>INTs, then someone will want to pay him a crapload of money. I would actually love to see it not be the Cowboys at this point, just in case it could validate him forever.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mark Sanchez is the 16th highest paid player in the NFL. Ahahahahahahahaa.

I was hanging out with a couple Jets fans last night watching the basketball games, and the subject of Sanchez came up. They both were just like ¬¿¬

Romo deserves that money, in my opinion. He's a much better QB than he gets credit for, and when you play for Jerruh you are always going to be scrutinized mercilessly. Cowboys fans should not be upset about this, they should be happy they are keeping the one constant they've had over the past several years. Now they just have to keep praying JJ takes a step back (which he won't).

Romo has one huge failure. Having a 13-3, number 1 seed team and lose at home by throwing a last minute interception in the end zone on what would have been the game winning drive. Oh and he had T.O. Oh and he was going against a team he had already defeated twice that season. Those Cowboys would have gotten destroyed by the Patriots, sure, but they were a far better team than the Giants and he couldnt do anything with them. He even had the chance to be the hero. Also, did i mention he had T FREAKIN O?

That last drive still haunts me. It was soo scary. Even when i rewatch it i still get nervous because it feels lije hes going to do it.

If Romo keeps throwing 4500-4800+ yards seasons with TDs>INTs, then someone will want to pay him a crapload of money. I would actually love to see it not be the Cowboys at this point, just in case it could validate him forever.
What ive been saying all season. He should have been released so that he could win a SB with another team. He'd turn from one of the most hated athletes in sports(for no reason) into an underdog hero who all teams passed over in the draft. Then he can make shows about his life and how it pains him to this day that he wasnt drafted.(Brady).

Mark Sanchez is the 16th highest paid player in the NFL. Ahahahahahahahaa.

I was hanging out with a couple Jets fans last night watching the basketball games, and the subject of Sanchez came up. They both were just like ¬¿¬
It feels like yesterday when the debate of who was better between Sanchez and Eli were a thang.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
After seeing the video on youtube, Bills management are seeking to sign Tillman, the Skateboarding Dog, in hopes of transferring his athletic talent into the QB position.

Apparently they only hired Kevin Kolb because Jeff Fisher still refused to unban Vince Young from the NFL, leaving the Bills with just absolutely no darn tootin' choice.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
The Bills are apparently looking to bring Brett Favre into training camp to challenge for the starting QB position.

It sucks for teams that suck for long periods of times but are never bad enough to get the first overall pick. Except the stupid(recent) Raiders. Colts are the luckiest team ever. Only had to suffer for one season!

bills are bringing doug flutie in for a tryout, hope to make it up to flutie for that whole rob johnson thing
Yours is the funniest hehe bravo bravo you usually always vulgar person.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Bills are apparently also reaching out to our very own smogon user some hero. They want to hire him as a QB consultant to help them spot talent, since he has provided such expert analysis on Eli Manning and Tony Romo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)