The Everything NFL Thread - 2012 Season (Up til 2013 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol if Eli got injured it would be a top 5 pick and would just focus on the draft. BB being injured IS a legitimate excuse, it may not have been earlier in his career but it is now.

No shame if they lose.

This would be my(and all Giants fans') reaction to Eli being injured:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
It's already happened once this season with Amendola's collarbone injury. It's most likely just a coincidence, though, as I haven't heard of a (non-neck related) football related injury being life threatening until then.
Don't forget Witten's spleen exploding!

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Injured players on the Ravens

Ray Lewis
Lardarius Webb

Injured players on the Steelers

Ben Roethlisberger
Antonio Brown
Troy Polamalu
Rashard Mendenhall
Marcus Gilbert
David DeCastro
Sean Spence

That's just players who are OUT. I'm not even counting the zillion others (Clark, Dwyer, Redman, etc) who are less than 100% because of injury.

Please explain to me how those equate to each other? I'm not making excuses because Pittsburgh needs to get it done regardless of injuries, but implying the two teams are anywhere close to equivalent on the injury front is a bit silly. Pittsburgh can still very well win this game, as they always play the Ravens close even without Big Ben (see: couple years ago with Dixon). If they don't win, it will be because they didn't play well enough to.
Brown might not be out, Haloti Ngata - the dude who is better then any guy on your entire roster, might be, and Suggs is still hurting. I'm not trying to trivialize how hurt you are, Big Ben is probably bigger then any of our losses. Fact of the matter is we have quite a few good players out or seriously hurting too.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ngata might be out? I had no idea he was even hurt, haha. Suggs...well, I can't sympathize because he's not supposed to be playing ANYWAY, he should still be resting his achilles. Not quite sure Ngata is better than anyone on the entire Steelers' roster, but he's definitely amazing and being out would be a big loss for their run defense.

Brown will be out, I promise you that. High ankle sprains are about the most difficult injury to play with, especially for a WR that has to make the cuts and routes he does. But yeah, I guess the fact remains that both of these teams are beat up, and I hope the matchup doesn't lose any of its normal excitement and intensity because of it.

You know what i just realized? Since the regular season doesn't even even matter(except to Alex Smith lead teams) how cool would it be for the Giants to win the SB with an 8-8 record? That way everyone can shut up about regular season stats. 4-2 in the division should do it. So at this point the skin and egg game are the only ones that matter.And the Giants are the best team in the NFL who lack any consistency in the regular season. Its also really cool the eggs are their final opponent. Even at 4-11 the eggs might aswell be the Madden Raiders against the Giants. They will be their toughest opponents and if they(Giants) manage to win we can assume they will be playing at their potential.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ravens just lost CB Jimmy Smith for the year. Wow, this will be like a preseason game with all the backups playing, lol.

Time to watch the Dolphins only national televised game this year. >_>

Edit: It's a miracle that it's only 7-19, I have no ideal what happen to this Dolphins team.

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
After the Packers won the superbowl with all the injuries sustained, I feel like this injury bitching (outside of maybe ray lewis / big ben seeing as they are their teams undeniable leaders) is annoying... this is the NFL there are plenty of players ready to step up. Look at guys like Victor Cruz who when given an opportunity go crazy.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
After the Packers won the superbowl with all the injuries sustained, I feel like this injury bitching (outside of maybe ray lewis / big ben seeing as they are their teams undeniable leaders) is annoying... this is the NFL there are plenty of players ready to step up. Look at guys like Victor Cruz who when given an opportunity go crazy.
The Packers' injury situation was blown out of proportion just because of sheer numbers. Most of their guys on IR were backups and non-crucial positions. The most significant injuries were to Finley and Grant, who are both replaceable. Rodgers was healthy, which was all that really mattered. Literally the two best players on Pittsburgh are injured, so I'd say they are in a far worse position. They've still been playing well too, which is a testament to the stability and depth they have.

Yeah injuries (particularly Big Ben) never allowed the Broncos (the worst playoff team of all time) to win a home game in the playoffs or anything.

The Packers injuries derailed their playoff HOPES - they almost missed out due to it and an incredible string of close losses. The injuries were mostly better by the time the playoffs finally rolled around.

Injuries make or break teams in the first couple of rounds of the playoffs. Yeah everyone is injured at least a little by week 18, but some people are injured a lot more.

Agree with WB, it was blown out of proportion. For example, the Steelers only have 5 players on IR as opposed to the Giants 9 this year. Only one of those is a really good player/starter. And thats only six less than Green Bay in 2010.

So maybe Chad Henne can lead the Jaguars to .500? I'm not liking this game.

Edit: Lol Matt Ryan. Also, I didn't know Felix Jones would ever find the goal line again.

Edit: God damn it Blackmon!

I was sad about how bad the Falcons (Matt Ryan) are playing against the Cards

Then I see the Texans are losing by 14 after giving up 34 points to the Jags. Must be one of those days ;o

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Obvious bias by rival fan is obvious. Ray Lewis is still a beast
Obvious bias by homer is obvious. Ray Lewis really only contributes on the leadership front anymore, he is nowhere near as good as he used to be.

Also the Chefs are about as suck as suck can get. Yeesh.

We also might get our second tie in as many weeks if the Houston-Jags game keeps going the way it's going right now.

The most interesting thing that happen in the Cowboys/Browns game was when Ed Hochuli went to review a play in OT and than came out and said he wasn't reviewing a play. What exactly were you doing under that hood Mr. Hochuli?

But seriously, that game was crappy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)