The Everything NFL Thread - 2012 Season (Up til 2013 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.
you did not cause anything, I did, like always :) although I did not have the core issue to fight about I thought I did

YTP I cannot stress enough that is only based on Matt Ryan >>>>>>>>> Joe Flacco. I would trust a lot of guys to matter in January than Joe Flacco. With a defense that was diminished pre-extra injuries, I just see no hope for the Ravens. The Falcons...well, a quarterback can always go on a lucky tear. Too bad that Michael Turner is a dead man walking because the Falcons were so one dimensional today that they look like they are going to be easy to defend when a top defense finally sees them...and they are not going to have faced a great defense all season! That is honestly a really bad thing, if even the Patriots cool off in January, then what the fuck is going to happen to the Falcons the first time they faced an elite defense all season. Only the Giants and Cowboys will have been even close to that level all year :@

Wow a potential fight over the internet was avoided by someone owning up to their misunderstanding? Maybe the internet isn't as bad-

Man are you always this high strung or did your father just shove himself to far up your ass last time he had his way with you? Chill the fuck out, smoke some weed or something, lest you blow a damn capillary in your brain.
:evan: So much for that.

Well Big Ben is out for 3 weeks, due to that does the Steelers still make the playoffs? I mean who can actually challenge them or Colts? There's just Cincy and all of those 4-6 teams...

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pittsburgh will be fine once they get Ben back, and if they can win at least against the Browns while he's out they should be in good shape. I worry though, because Leftwich is damn atrocious and actually a HINDRANCE to the team. Also Haley freakin' sabotaged us in the Ravens game by continuing to call retarded pass plays after the running game became effective. Pittsburgh would have won that game with ease with Roethlisberger at the helm, and probably would have even won with Leftwich if they had just kept running the ball in the second half. Giving the other team the ball at your own 12 yard line when you fumble also doesn't help matters. Finally, Leftwich was playing while obviously injured and should have done the right thing and submitted to Batch. Coaching staff did a terrible job at recognizing his lack of effectiveness and pulling him as well, so there's blame to be had all over the board.

As far as the Ravens go, I'm pretty sure they're in deep trouble. They were statistically beaten by a QB as bad as Leftwich, and only scored legit 3 points with their offense. The rest came from luck, and they are only going to make the playoffs at this point because they have a good record that nobody else will be able to catch. Once in the playoffs, they better hope they have all home games because they are just bad on the road. The Patriots, Texans, Broncos, hell even the Steelers (with their starting QB) would beat them. Their defense is too banged up to carry them anymore, and Flacco is simply not good enough to shoulder the load himself.

Too bad that Michael Turner is a dead man walking because the Falcons were so one dimensional today that they look like they are going to be easy to defend when a top defense finally sees them...and they are not going to have faced a great defense all season!
this is an especially bad thing because when you pass every play shit like passes bouncing off helmets and getting intercepted happens

i don't know if anyone else watched the Jags/Texans game, but it was a hell of a match, and awesome to watch.

even though there were a lot of problems, i am extremely encouraged by both Shorts and Blackmon's progress. Shorts is really turning into a go-to, making really great catches at clutch time, and Blackmon finally started finishing routes and fighting for the ball.

having said that, Henne is not the answer, but he's proved he can be a good back up. i don't know what happens to Gabbert at this point, but it does seem his time is coming to an end, and if he can't get things together in the latter part of this season (if he still has the starting job, which has yet to be decided). personally i think we need to stick with Gabbert for the rest of the year to confirm one way or the other. what sucks is that there's no Luck or RGIII in this draft, so even if we get the #1/#2 pick, it might not fix that.

and holy shit, Posluzny is a fucking monster.

EDIT:
also, this was pretty badass.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000096678/Punters-are-tacklers-too

I think people put too much stock in qbs winning or losing in college (a place where talent disparities are greater than in the NFL, and West Virginia typically rarely overflows with it), and I think Geno Smith will have the ability to throw the long ball accurately in the NFL. Unless he has huge incompatibilities with transferring to NFL offensive schemes he should be fine.

Also I am genuinely excited for MNF tonight. The best two NFC defenses...both with backup QBs in??? This is going to be as fun as the tie was last week.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I like the part where the 49ers are way better with Kaepernick in than they would be with Smith, hahaha

EDIT: Damn, I thought watching LAST night's game was painful. I think Jason Campbell is worse than Byron Leftwich.

Lol Kaepernick might have a shot to get the starting job :O
Also, apparently Leftwich hurt his ribs during the game...do the Steelers even have a another QB lol
Also, I love how for the NFL predictions, the BROWNS are favored over the Steelers.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Charlie Batch is in line to start, and apparently they plan to work out Mike Kafka this week. I'm willing to wager if Kafka doesn't pan out they call up Dennis Dixon or Jerrod Johnson.

Things just keep getting better and better for Pittsburgh...

Charlie Batch is in line to start, and apparently they plan to work out Mike Kafka this week. I'm willing to wager if Kafka doesn't pan out they call up Dennis Dixon or Jerrod Johnson.

Things just keep getting better and better for Pittsburgh...
David Garrard is a better option than those last two i'd say.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
David Garrard is a better option than those last two i'd say.
Well, the other two have played in Pittsburgh before and know the organization, and knowing how the staff works they usually go after guys who have been there before as opposed to guys who haven't. Plus Garrard is older than them significantly and I think Pittsburgh wants to go for someone younger and less likely to get injured (since they already have Leftwich and Batch).

Wouldn't it be funny if they did sign Garrard though? Leftwich would get to see Garrard take over for him as starter for the SECOND time in his career!

Well, the other two have played in Pittsburgh before and know the organization, and knowing how the staff works they usually go after guys who have been there before as opposed to guys who haven't. Plus Garrard is older than them significantly and I think Pittsburgh wants to go for someone younger and less likely to get injured (since they already have Leftwich and Batch).

Wouldn't it be funny if they did sign Garrard though? Leftwich would get to see Garrard take over for him as starter for the SECOND time in his career!
good points, and probably true.

i do think Garrard is better at the position than those two, but experience in the system probably gives them quite an advantage.

as far as being younger...it's not like these guys are anything more than a temporary patch anyway.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
It's hard to believe that Batch is just a little more than a year older than Peyton Manning.

Really tempted to put everything i have on the steelers covering against the browns, especially if it the spread is over 3

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
As much as I want to agree with CK, and be as obnoxiously blind to my team's shortcomings as Stallion, I'm forced to say we won't be getting far in the playoffs if the Patriots Defense doesn't start playing with consistency on that back end. If a defense slows down the Offense the weakness of the Patriots Defense will be exposed (Read: Super Bowls 42 and 46).

That said, this is honestly the first time in this season where I got the "Blood in the Water" feeling from the Patriots, and that was always the signature of the Patriots teams that consistently won and won big. The ability of the Defense to display early aggression and then taking the opportunistic turnover situations created by that. They ran masked linebacker blitzes on Luck all day, and they consistently paid off, which left Luck jumpy and trying to get rid of the ball too quick, meaning that in/out-routs can be jumped, bad throws can be forced, etc.

Don't have my hopes up though. Their derpy losses to the Cardinals, Ravens, and Seahawks aren't quite offset of the "gritty" wins against the Jets and Bills (Gritty being a generous way of putting it). In other words, I see them beating themselves more often than I see them rising up against a challenge (like they did against the Ravens last year in the AFC Championship).

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
As much as I want to agree with CK, and be as obnoxiously blind to my team's shortcomings as Stallion, I'm forced to say we won't be getting far in the playoffs if the Patriots Defense doesn't start playing with consistency on that back end. If a defense slows down the Offense the weakness of the Patriots Defense will be exposed (Read: Super Bowls 42 and 46).

That said, this is honestly the first time in this season where I got the "Blood in the Water" feeling from the Patriots, and that was always the signature of the Patriots teams that consistently won and won big. The ability of the Defense to display early aggression and then taking the opportunistic turnover situations created by that. They ran masked linebacker blitzes on Luck all day, and they consistently paid off, which left Luck jumpy and trying to get rid of the ball too quick, meaning that in/out-routs can be jumped, bad throws can be forced, etc.

Don't have my hopes up though. Their derpy losses to the Cardinals, Ravens, and Seahawks aren't quite offset of the "gritty" wins against the Jets and Bills (Gritty being a generous way of putting it). In other words, I see them beating themselves more often than I see them rising up against a challenge (like they did against the Ravens last year in the AFC Championship).
Not this again......as I said before read my posts properly. I was clear that I understood that my teams shortcomings meaning that unless we have a bunch of home games, we probably won't go far in the playoffs. Also a) I think you're selling your team a little short here and b) lol you didn't rise to any challenge last year, Flacco drove us down the field where Lee Evans and he who shall not be named gave away the game!

The Patriots are performing better than they were last year, close losses aside. Last year it was "they never played a real team they can't make it!!" (although the Texans Patriots would have been 55/45 Texans if they had a real NFL quarterback too bad god loves messing with that city). This year they blew some close games due to implementing new schemes I am still not sure they definitely "needed" to implement, but they seem past that rough patch. Like I pointed out, odds are easily over 50% that the Patriots are losing to the Super Bowl winning team, winning the Super Bowl, or losing the Super Bowl...if you do not want to take the 70% odds historically at face value (going back to 1989), even conservatism would say that it is 60% likely one of those things is the case. I like to live and die by statistics, so I would say it is right smack dab at 65-70% though. Patriots fans should be more optimistic than anyone but Texans fans is all I think. None of that is blind, just your factual chances. I think you should not be surprised to see the Patriots literal odds to win the Super Bowl by statisticians ring up actually being close to my single statistic estimate of 20%, the Patriots cooling off fast after reaching this fever pitch is too unlikely.

(Read: Super Bowls 42 and 46).
What a crappy memory you have. The SB 42 defense played pretty well.. Great i'd say. Other than the opening drive, which was amazing and stopped at the end anyway, the defense shut down the Giants offense the whole game. In the 4th, on the second scoring drive the Giants moved the ball on a broken play. They did score but it had to happen considering how pathetic the Patriots offense was. On the final drive it was just a greater power angry at the Patriots douche-ness the whole year that screwed them over(including at least two almost INTs and a 4th and 2). I have no idea what happened on the Burress TD though. Brain fart by whoever was calling the defensive plays. So the defense was never exposed in that game. It was just not their day(yes i do own that SB and have watched it several times).

Really, the final game of the 2007 regular season was worse. I have no idea why they looked like they were barely trying.

i don't know if anyone else watched the Jags/Texans game, but it was a hell of a match, and awesome to watch.
It's going to be on right now.

And people said Andre was done...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)