The Everything NFL Thread - 2013-2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite signing so far: The Titans cutting Ryan Fitzpatrick (a solid backup), to sign Clipboard Jesus (one of the worst backups) to a more expensive contract.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
could everybody stop for a fucking second and realize how many times dunking on the crossbar knocks the alignment out of whack and forces the official to stop the game for about 20 minutes to get a crew out to fix it?

okay, now go ahead and complain about it

could everybody stop for a fucking second and realize how many times dunking on the crossbar knocks the alignment out of whack and forces the official to stop the game for about 20 minutes to get a crew out to fix it?

okay, now go ahead and complain about it
or how few players actually dunk it in the first place

it's not like this is even a new rule, the rule for using the ball as a prop has been around for years

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
PFF Blitzing

Because I miss Football season: Should teams who have little to no normal pass rush be blitzing more often to generate some more pressure, or should they be using the linebackers in coverage?

Jags made a 5 year offer sheet and Mack accepted.

Cleveland will probably match it, but i won't be upset either way.

that's a lot of money to throw at a center, even if it's a really good center, but i feel our O-line would be pretty fucking good with him, and we have to cap space to accommodate.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Center is sneakily probably one of the most important positions on a team, right behind your QB and whoever happens to be your big defensive name. And technically, unlike even the QB sometimes, they're the only player on a team who literally handles the ball every single offensive play. :P

You'd think center would be up there after your main pass rusher and lt guys. Unless you have absolute studs, even wr and rb aren't as pricey now, just look how much the market has fallen for rbs.

Mmm, Niners should probably cut their losses and axe Smith over picking up this last year option, he's becoming too much trouble now. I mean, saying bomb at an airport, that's just something you don't do, along with yelling fire in a theater if there isn't one. Add in the other crap he's been doing, unless you get the guy a babysitter he's gonna end up staying in jail sooner than later if he doesn't get his shit straight.

TheValkyries

Yeah 49ers, why don't you cut Aldon Smith and let the Patriots clean house again with a free amazing player because he has disciplinary issues that people don't want to deal with.

Nah that's definitely a fantasy that could never happen. THEN AGAIN, I was saying that when "Darelle Revis to the Patriots" rumors started up, so HEY WHO KNOWS.

Yeah 49ers, why don't you cut Aldon Smith and let the Patriots clean house again with a free amazing player because he has disciplinary issues that people don't want to deal with.

Nah that's definitely a fantasy that could never happen. THEN AGAIN, I was saying that when "Darelle Revis to the Patriots" rumors started up, so HEY WHO KNOWS.
You're randomly assuming that 3 conditions are met: the Patriots sign him, that he would be good in their system, and that he's not getting suspended for anything since Goodell has the grossly wrong unilateral ability to punish.

Really I do like Aldon Smith, but he's becoming a pain in the ass. I suppose the Niners could keep him cheap for the last year and decide from there since apparently the draft is looking poor for that position, but unless something happens I'm not sure he's gonna be back longer than that.

TheValkyries

"That's definitely a fantasy that could never happen" -Me 2014

Real Talk though, you're going to try and say the Patriots couldn't effectively work Aldon Smith into their defensive scheme. Really? You do realize that Bill Belichick was one of the guys who popularized the use of the Hybrid 34 Defense which Aldon excels at, right?

Jesus, i feel horrible for the Packers, 3 straight years, 3 straight opening games against brutal defenses and about to be 3 straight years with an opening game loss. I'll get back with more thoughts on the schedule. You have to feel really bad for Rodgers.

Well this Thankgiving night should be fun, Niners/Seahawks throw down. At least it's at the Jeans, so should be a Niners win since we've got a longer win streak vs Seattle at home than Seattle has at home vs Niners so far (it's just the ugly blowout in 2/3 of them that make it look lopsided). Could very well determine the NFC West, as I don't see the Cardinals overtaking either (wild card at best), and the Rams...well they're the Rams; might be a good team in another division, but not here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)