The Everything NFL Thread - 2013-2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
The combo of Boldin and Davis is just frightening. Two guys who will be wide open for a big play whenever you need it.

And people out there think Boldin isn't worth what he's making, yeesh...dude has been underrated since he was with the Cardinals. I enjoy that Boldin is finally on the Niners. Once Crabtree and Manningham come back, who needs to run with that quadruplet of passing targets?

so turns out Flacco is as bad as we thought he was, Boldin was better than the shitty #s Flacco reduced him to said Boldin was; good to know

as for Cowboys/Giants...welcome to the NFC East, as usual

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The combo of Boldin and Davis is just frightening. Two guys who will be wide open for a big play whenever you need it.
Well, Boldin won't necessarily be "wide open", but shit he'll fight tooth and nail for the ball and probably get it regardless.

Well that was a crap game. The offense remains the same... Until they're down and out of the game... Then they get fucking creative. 6-10 with gilbride fired and i'd be happy.

EDIT: that ain't a prediction, its what i hope happens. 9-7 min is guranteed at this point.

Last edited:
So...thoughts on the halftime show performer for the Super Bowl? Of all the people they could have picked, Bruno Mars? Bleh...definitely one I'll be skipping.

Jacksonville 2012 QB stats:

A: 166/308 (53.9%), 2084 yards (6.77 ypa), 11 TDs, 11 Ints
B: 162/278 (58.3%), 1662 yards (5.98 ypa), 9 TDs, 6 Ints

Which one is the real Blaine Gabbert?

Why u so bad griffin??? Oh yeah i know, because the only reason you can pass so well in the NFL is your legs. Griffin without the threat of running is a joke.

Hence why Luck has proven to be far better. Once he can't run anymore(in about 4 seasons) hes just going to be a mediocre QB. Luck on the other hand has done it all being a generic pocket passer. Proving defenses can't stop him now or ever.

Still, i'm a big griffin fan and this game is painful to watch man. I have no idea what the dude is doing on the field(except hopefully giving me some fantasy points).

Chip Kelly for Coach of the Year? Anyway, I'm probably feeling more emotional than I need to be feeling about this. The Redskins aren't even my team, but I admire RG3 for what he's done, at Baylor and in Washington.

A little early for that, but damn isn't this offense entertaining to watch.

McCoy looks amazing as well, and that offensive line has looked pretty good aside from a few miscommunications that have led to bad plays, but those are correctable anyway.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Redskins are just reeling at this point. This tempo by the Eagles is tough to deal with, but I think after seeing this game every DC in the league that plays the Eagles this year will be focusing on conditioning and other methods of slowing it down. My guess is by Week 12-14 we'll start to see adjustments being made and some counters will be implemented.

Michael Vick sucks. This offense won't do much as long as hes QB. They can win the division though. Its the NFC East. Crappy as hell.

I'm loving the offense. Will force the Giants into more shootouts. Which are fun to watch. The alternative is complete misuse of the players on the roster.

Chip Kelly for Coach of the Year? Anyway, I'm probably feeling more emotional than I need to be feeling about this. The Redskins aren't even my team, but I admire RG3 for what he's done, at Baylor and in Washington.
I'm in tears right now. Fuck the fans. Griffin for life. Even if he is a glorified Alex Smith.

Last edited:
I'm more one to blame it on rust on Griffin's part, but yeah, Redskins aren't offering much fight against the Eagles.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
If Doug Marrone had taken the time off the clock in his last drive like any good coach would have, the Bills would have won. The Pats basically handed them the game on a silver platter. Lesson: if you want to win a football game, don't give Tom Brady 4 and a half minutes to drive up the field with all his timeouts and the 2 minute warning.
Entirely, completely wrong. We went three and out, and 2nd down was an incomplete pass. If they had run down the clock on 1st and 3rd down, it would've bled off, what... 40 more seconds? Meaning Tom Brady gets the ball back with ONLY 4 minutes instead of around 4 and a half? The Pats got into field goal range with A MINUTE LEFT and then centered the ball and kneeled it down to 9 seconds before taking another time out. Marrone did nothing wrong, and anyone blaming him doesn't is missing the forest for the trees.

The Eagles in the first half tonight were amazing to watch, and what the Bills should look like by midseason when all these young players (especially the QB who missed half of preseason) get comfortable in this offense.

Redskins are just reeling at this point. This tempo by the Eagles is tough to deal with, but I think after seeing this game every DC in the league that plays the Eagles this year will be focusing on conditioning and other methods of slowing it down. My guess is by Week 12-14 we'll start to see adjustments being made and some counters will be implemented.
Counters like what, faking injuries? The Blur isn't really something that can be planned around. You can't literally slow it down, as the offense determines the tempo for the entire field. Every down they call ~three plays, with the offensive call reacting to the hastily lined-up defense. The only counter is good play on the lines or good defense in general forcing the offense to make mistakes, or perhaps calling audibles to change the play to mask whatever weakness the offensive play calling is trying to take advantage of. Aside from that ??? Defensive coordinators are obviously way more knowledgable than I am, but no defensive formation is perfect, and Kelly's offense is built to take advantage of that on every single play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)