The Everything NFL Punter Thread - 2014/2015 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
well, ryan fitzpatrick picked up the football, then he decided to throw it. it all went downhill from there.
In his defense, Pittsburgh decided to actually rush the passer for the first time since about the middle of fiscal 2011. Not to mention the momentum really shifted before that when Arian Foster fumbled on his own 1 yard line.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
i've gotta say, you're the 1st jaguars fan i've ever met in my entire life, and I lived in florida for 12 years
Make it 2, i was at the game son.

The jags won in spite of bortles, not because of him. They shut down the leagues number 3 rushing attack and made the qb that just seemed to win make mistakes he normally doesnt make. Bortles 3rd int was awful, but his team rallied and won in spite of his many mistakes.

People say the raiders will win eventually, but one look at their schedule and its hard to say that they have a better than 50% shot to win a single game.

All joking aside at the Raiders' and their fans' expense, they will win one eventually this season. It's extremely difficult to go winless in this league. The Raiders aren't completely devoid of talent and have shown they can give teams a scare if they tread lightly against them. Last year people were expecting the Jags to go winless, this year it's the Raiders (and was the Jags still, to some degree). Different year, same story. '08 Lions are of one-of-a-kind futility.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
All joking aside at the Raiders' and their fans' expense, they will win one eventually this season. It's extremely difficult to go winless in this league. The Raiders aren't completely devoid of talent and have shown they can give teams a scare if they tread lightly against them. Last year people were expecting the Jags to go winless, this year it's the Raiders (and was the Jags still, to some degree). Different year, same story. '08 Lions are of one-of-a-kind futility.
I am not really talking about that, lets look at their schedule:

10/26@Browns4:25 PM
Hot browns at home looking for revenge after losing to jags...loss

11/2@Seahawks4:25 PM
Seahawks at home....loss

11/9vs.Broncos4:05 PM
Peyton manning...loss

11/16@Chargers4:05 PM
In san diego? Loss

11/20vs.Chiefs8:25 PM
People will overhype this, but the chiefs are better than people give hem credit for (playing the powerful nfc and afc west isint doing them any favors)...loss

11/30@Rams1:00 PM
Inconsistent team, although they are starting to get their act together...and at home...loss

12/7vs.49ers4:25 PM
49ers are still a great team...loss

12/14@Chiefs1:00 PM
At KC? In the nfls loudest stadium (that place could get louder if they went after it like sea)...loss

12/21vs.Bills4:25 PM
Their best chance tbh...against a great defense amd a team finally beginning to come together....loss

12/28@Broncos4:25 PM
...Not in mile high.

Last years jags had games to point to and be like "there is our shot". The raiders really dont.

I am not really talking about that, lets look at their schedule:

10/26@Browns4:25 PM
Hot browns at home looking for revenge after losing to jags...loss

11/2@Seahawks4:25 PM
Seahawks at home....loss

11/9vs.Broncos4:05 PM
Peyton manning...loss

11/16@Chargers4:05 PM
In san diego? Loss

11/20vs.Chiefs8:25 PM
People will overhype this, but the chiefs are better than people give hem credit for (playing the powerful nfc and afc west isint doing them any favors)...loss

11/30@Rams1:00 PM
Inconsistent team, although they are starting to get their act together...and at home...loss

12/7vs.49ers4:25 PM
49ers are still a great team...loss

12/14@Chiefs1:00 PM
At KC? In the nfls loudest stadium (that place could get louder if they went after it like sea)...loss

12/21vs.Bills4:25 PM
Their best chance tbh...against a great defense amd a team finally beginning to come together....loss

12/28@Broncos4:25 PM
...Not in mile high.

Last years jags had games to point to and be like "there is our shot". The raiders really dont.

they can upset the rams, bills, or chiefs. they have 2 shots to beat the chiefs. i think they can do it once.

When the greatest passer in the history of the game, who revived your mediocre team and is on pace to drop back to back 50+ TD seasons tells you to shut up you do it. The crowd(and that screen guy) should be ashamed. You have a chance to help your team win. Just STFU

Predictions for today:

Easy win for Lions, easy money for Goddell. The Seahawks lose a close game and the bandwagon officially crumbles to pieces, Sherman calls out Wilson for no real reason. Surprise surprise, the Jaguars are defeated yet again. Battle of the Birds sees soaring Cardinals on top. Browns fans collectively cry tears of joy as they get their first winning record in what feels like forever. The Vikings win, but no one cares. The Big Easy proves not to be an easy win for the Packers. Both Missouri fan bases are too focused on the Royals to care about a football game, ends in a tie for both teams as Lorde performs in the parking lot. Surging Ravens knock off Cincy. The Jets decide to win for some reason. Colts demolish in a blowout. JJ Watt and his amigos win over the flaming thumbtacks. Bears beat Brady for no reason other than having to kill expectations every week.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Thought the Lions game would be the blowout of the week, just in a different direction :P

Not mad if we get blown out today, the Lions are just too injured to compete right now and we get about half our team back after the bye. We'd probably lose to the Jags today lol.

Fairley's injury looked gruesome though :(

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
jesus christ can the lions get any more lucky

congrats to the falcons on one of the worst chokes ive seen in a long time

Mike Smith shouldn't even bother catching a plane back to Atlanta after that debacle.
I've been a Mike Smith defender for years, but I'm done with him. I've always thought his ability to bring/keep the locker room together (something the Falcons have lacked since ever) was worth the poor decision making, but the Falcons have been a terrible second half team dating all the way back to the 2012 playoffs at least, and his clock management is atrocious and decision making on going for it on 4th down even worse.

Not like this one is all on him though. Falcons gaffes in the last two minutes:
-Offensive holding call on routine run play stops about 45 seconds from running off (at 1:50)
-Calling a pass play when the other team has 0 timeouts
-Dropping the ball on said pass play, preventing about 40 seconds from running off (at 1:45)
-Terrible defense (this is a given)
-On 3rd and 9, committing defensive holding on a RUN PLAY that not only stops the clock and gives Detroit a first down, but also allows them to not have to rush Prater on the field in <20 seconds to attempt a game winning kick

The delay of game penalty is just a sign from the football gods that something drastic about this team's front office has to change. The bye week comes at the perfect time. I just hope Blank doesn't let his friendship with Smith and TD prevent his decision to drop the axe, because it's been a long time coming.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
ALL THE LIONS DO IS WIN ALL THE LIONS DO IS WIN CALDWELL IS COACHING JESUS PRATER IS KICKER JESUS ALL THE LIONS DO IS WIN

Awesome start to my day. I'll admit I missed the last ~4mins of the NO game last week, so I'll be damned if I do that again. I think the comeback had more to do with the Lions offense finally starting to click and less Atlanta's D. They're near the bottom of the NFL for a reason and it was only a matter of time before our offense figured out what they were doing. Of course there's no explanation for the delay of game on the field goal... but I'm not complaining! Getting a mulligan on the first kick let Prater make adjustments and he nailed it on the second try. This should be a huge confidence boost for the kicking unit as a whole.

The pressure is on Green Bay tonight. It's gonna be a good game because both teams desperately need a win to stay in the race for their respective divisions

I'm not watching the Bears - Patriots game but does Brady really look as good as his stats? It's ridiculous right now; 26/30 for 303 and 5 TD?! More touchdowns than incompletions, let that sink in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)