The Everything NFL Punter Thread - 2014/2015 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Lions better not screw this up. Losing to a 2-10 team would be like getting hit by a spoon for 4 hours and still die.

and thanks to the redskins passing up another field goal* to go fail 4th down, the rams make it 2 straight shutouts

*at least it's more understandable this time. It's a shorter 4th down, and a long field goal that would just hold the game up longer for no reason (doing the kickoff would take time), and their coach wants to see another play out of rg3

Lions better not screw this up. Losing to a 2-10 team would be like getting hit by a spoon for 4 hours and still die.
Solid game overall but there were a lot of dumb penalties that hurt us. I think we gave up something like 130yds worth of penalties ffs.
Joique Bell is gonna put Bush out of a job if he keeps this up. That tipped pass TD was just ridiculous

Phenomenal game against the 49ers after last week's turd. Aside from the iffy running game the Raiders looked awesome today. I won't even be mad if we lose out and end up with the top draft pick as long as we can have more games like this next season.

Omfg I hate it when I'm right >.<

Steps Niners should take (IMO):

1. Keep Harbaugh. Best coach the Niners have had in a long time. It would be extremely stupid to let him walk unless he decides to leave after getting fed up with management's political BS, in which case I don't blame him
2. Fire Baalke. He gets a lot of credit he doesn't fucking deserve, the GM before him made the draft choices that set up the team, not him. Not to mention his daughter is a dumb bitch when it comes to twitter
3. Draft a new QB and force competition for Crap-ernik to either improve or get replaced. Heaven knows we need a better backup than Gabbert at any rate

Honestly even if they magically win out, they're probably going to miss the playoffs due to a crowded 10-6 field and a putrid NFC South team getting a spot. 8-8 is more likely at this rate anyways, which isn't great for draft position, but they still have plenty of picks to reload.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
All the Falcons have to do is lose to the Packers tonight and three weeks short of the season's end we'll already have ensured a non-winning season for the NFC South winner.

jesus fucking christ

also alex smith still hasn't thrown a touchdown to a WR

As a Patriots fan that's been extremely critical of Bill Belichick's personnel moves over the last few years (think I posted a soliloquy about how bad hes been as a GM a few months back)

Belichick Should easily win executive of the Year.

Every Pickup hes made this season is contributing in a big way.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i literally am choking back tears atm

is there any way the nfl can force snyder to sell

some kind of hidden don sterling clause or something where we change the name in exchange for getting a real owner and not a limp-dicked used car salesman

because literally no matter what we do, there's no hope as long as snyder is in charge and there's nothing anyone can do about save the NFL literally stripping the team away from him

i literally am choking back tears atm

is there any way the nfl can force snyder to sell

some kind of hidden don sterling clause or something where we change the name in exchange for getting a real owner and not a limp-dicked used car salesman

because literally no matter what we do, there's no hope as long as snyder is in charge and there's nothing anyone can do about save the NFL literally stripping the team away from him
don't cry

you could be a titans fan

Julio Jones is awesome. And I thought Dez had finally proven himself better once and for all last year. Now I can't choose between Dez, aj and Julio. Damn I guess we will have to wait much longer so their careers can play out.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Is there any team it would be worse to be a fan of right now than the Redskins? Most teams have at least a glimmer of hope. Carr looks pretty good in Oakland, it looks like the bums running the Jets are going to get fired, and at least the Titans and Jaguars don't have an owner with a man crush on a lousy quarterback. Even the Browns have been competent this year. Although the Jets, Titans, and Jaguars don't really seem to be going in the right direction, at least they don't have the asshole that is Dan Snyder running their franchise into the ground.

I couldn't decide whether I thought the game would be a close one or a blowout... turns out it was both! Who'd have guessed?

My greatest fear is the Falcons making the playoffs, losing to the 12-4 Seahawks, retaining Mike Smith, and ending up with the ~22nd draft pick instead of a top 10 pick like the Saints... good to know they can still play hard, at least.

I would be very surprised if anyone is capable of traveling to Green Bay or New England in January and stopping an inevitable Packers/Patriots Super Bowl... maybe the Seahawks match up well enough against Green Bay to at least slow down Rodgers, but I really don't see it happening this year.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
don't cry

you could be a titans fan
Eh, I think Mettenberger can play. So it LOOKS like you have a QB. And it's always great to get that QB in the 5th round. I dunno. The Titans have been mediocre to bad but they're not a TMZ-style national embarrassment.

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Praying that the Lions would win a Super Bowl. They won championships before the Super Bowl was cool.

Freaking Curse of Bobby Layne.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
The jags may show the most hope of any of these hapless teams. On a team beaten down by injuries, the defense has played great when their offense gives them a chance to show it. The defense is middle of the road statistically, but are 2nd in red zone defense and know how to beat down good offenses. The jags are some offensive success away from a 7-6 record, no exaggeration, if you look at the games they had their shots in. Philly (17-0 at half, swarming defense can't get off the field), Pitt (trailing 10-9, collect TO, bortles throws pick 6), Tennessee (GW fg attempt blocked), Cincy (in rz trailing by 3, bortles throws pick, cin rb takes a run 60 yds), stretching, Mia (were dominating in first half but 2 pick sixes and another redzone giveaway), Hou (13-10 at half), Indy (defense forces 4 to in 1st half, offense gets 3 pts, 3-3 at half). While we certainly weren't winning all of those, you can see how close it could become. if we won all of those, we would have 9 wins. Sure, thats not happening, but if the offense was good and BB didnt throw so many pick 6s, 7-6 is a fair assessment when you think about it.

Eh, I think Mettenberger can play. So it LOOKS like you have a QB. And it's always great to get that QB in the 5th round. I dunno. The Titans have been mediocre to bad but they're not a TMZ-style national embarrassment.

At least people talk about the skins. Can't remember the last time anyone on tv talked about the titans. At most they talk about how great whatever team just played them looked.

I've got tickets to all three of the 2015 Wembley games booked after going to all three of them this year. Anyone else going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)