wildcard: titans/dolphins

nfc: seahawks/saints/packers/giants
wildcard: 49ers/redskins

5 new playoff teams lets go

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
too lazy

I maintain that all "public image" BS can go suck a nut and that the punishment was fine. It's the punishments for weed being too severe that just makes it look too lenient by comparison. I'm surprised Goodell cracked under the pressure at any rate.

Deadspin article is... not wrong but making it sound like the change is nothing is only slightly less absurd than "lifetime ban." The power to render a punishment of six games is not the same as a mandate for six games minimum, 6+ is obviously more severe than 0+. (Just as "one year probation with power to appeal" is less severe than "lifetime ban.") Technically, it's worse than before since Goodell is basically giving up the discretion to look at mitigating factors that may call for punishment less severe than a six-game suspension, simply to appease some mouths.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
"with consideration given to mitigating factors, as well as a longer suspension when circumstances warrant"

You sure you read that article? It's basically a game suspension for a first offense, give or take. Second offense is simply a minimum of one year with the possibility of being longer. All the news outlets reporting concrete penalties for each offense are just wrong.

Goodell bleh, wish it was easy to get rid of him. Shame they're almost impossible to unless the owners turn on a commissioner or they retire, go to jail, etc...

Anyways, just a few days until the season kicks off, waiting for Packers/Seahawks to end in another controversial finish.

Anyone have any thoughts on Carr starting? I'm pretty hyped but also worried he might flop. In the chance he is decent, it's good that he's getting on the field to develop as soon as possible. Hopefully the O line can keep him upright and healthy.
PttP

Im happy because I have McFadden in all my leagues and a new qb will revive the raiders offense and McFaddens career. The Raiders may even make the playoffs with a 9-7 record. They're certainly better than the chargers and chiefs(not really saying much because those teams suck).

The odds of me dating Zooey Deschanel are greater than the odds of the raiders going 8-8

This is the team that traded for Matt Flynn last season and benched him, then traded for Matt Schaub the next season and benched him.

This is the oldest team in the NFL

This is the team that players won't play for even if they double their salary

This is the team that signed a guard to play left tackle then nixed the deal because of a phantom injury

They Play the AFC West and NFC West this year in addition to the patriots.

There's zero chance of them making the playoffs

And If by some act of God the raiders do make the playoffs,

I will print this post out and eat it.

`

An "old" team being 27 when the youngest team in the league is 25? Great statistic.
23 of only 82 players surveyed said the Raiders. Another fantastic statistic; it's not like there are 1700 players in the league during the regular season...
I won't defend the Roger Saffold thing and I'm not a big fan of the current coaching and management. I also don't think the Raiders are going 8-8. Just don't pull out shitty meaningless articles when trying to argue something.

The odds of me dating Zooey Deschanel are greater than the odds of the raiders going 8-8

This is the team that traded for Matt Flynn last season and benched him, then traded for Matt Schaub the next season and benched him.

This is the oldest team in the NFL

This is the team that players won't play for even if they double their salary

This is the team that signed a guard to play left tackle then nixed the deal because of a phantom injury

They Play the AFC West and NFC West this year in addition to the patriots.

There's zero chance of them making the playoffs

And If by some act of God the raiders do make the playoffs,

I will print this post out and eat it.

`

The Raiders are talented. Very talented, even if not for the long run. This year they can field a decent defense(or at least a defense better than the Chiefs and Chargers defense last year). All they need is good qb PLAY. Look at the Skins in 2012, eggs, chiefs and Chargers last year. All garbage teams that got improved qb play and had good offenses during their years. Didn't mean they were any good. Carr can give them this years hot offense, win 9 games, and get blown out in the playoffs then go back to sucking the next year like the teams above.

Schedules are irrelevant. The game is random enough that as long as they have a working offense they can pull 9 wins out of their ass. But looking at their schedule they can sweep the crappy chiefs and Chargers, beat the crappy rams, go 1-3 against 49ers/hawks/cards, beat the texans/browns and go 3-1 against the afc east.

An "old" team being 27 when the youngest team in the league is 25? Great statistic.
Average age is important when you consider the average length of an NFL career is only around 3 years, and around 6 years for rookies who make the opening day roster (allegedly).

It's less important when considering whether or not a team will be "good" any given year... there's some evidence to suggest older offenses are better, and it's logical to think that younger defenses would be better, but age hardly correlates to wins. I wouldn't say the stat means much, unless there's a supreme lack of "home-drafted" talent on the roster (think Packers, who draft/sign as undrafted rookies like 90% of their roster). Last year seems to imply that at least; the Super Bowl was between the 4th youngest team (the Seahawks) and the 28th youngest team (the Broncos).

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Sometimes I hate being a Patriots fan, because I know there are people out there who see this Welker headline and think, "Of course, another former Patriot caught cheating."

18-1 babyyyy! No Super Bowls since spygate!

SDFASDGJKLSDFGALF

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Dave DeGuglielmo and Dante Scarnecchia are some pretty ridiculous names. So is the player name Sealver Siliga.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/bl...tm_campaign=2014-preview-new-england-patriots

LOL THAT BLURB STAT ON BRADY FROM LAST YEAR.

I mean, I'm not even gonna hide it, this year is our year man. I am all aboard this mother fucking hype train. HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE.
Interesting.. if it is the Patriots year it must be the giants year also. I was hoping the giants miss the playoffs this year and win the sb next year against the pats(the cowboys would win the east this year). But if it can't be helped, I guess I'll settle for a patriot defeat this year. Let's hope this doesn't happen though. I want some ridiculous coincidence dammit.

As for the cowboys, not sure what they'll do. It's somewhere between 2-14 and a miraculous 10-6. Romo needs to have a 5000 yd season.

Anyone have any thoughts on Carr starting? I'm pretty hyped but also worried he might flop. In the chance he is decent, it's good that he's getting on the field to develop as soon as possible. Hopefully the O line can keep him upright and healthy.
PttP
If he's even 75% as good as his older brother, probably better off than with Schaub.

Patriots fans are the most entitled, snobby, ungrateful fans in all of professional sports. The Team goes 12-4 every year and the fans find something new to complain about.

I should know since i'm one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)