The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Friendly reminder that the Patriots offense is now tailored to run out of the exact power run formation with 2-3 tight ends that they have used to crush the colts 3 games in a row with running game alone.

Friendly reminder that the Patriots offense is looking 2010 levels efficient with 2007 levels of total production.

TheValkyries

Get off your fucking patriots fan hating high horses and realize that I didn't say anything qualitative or comparative beyond "looking" similar.

It's a statistical fact that they are outpacing 2007 but I didn't mention it because it doesn't mean anything nor did I say I thought that I even thought that trend would continue (because I didn't fucking mention it).

Meanwhile: In the realm of people who made actual fucking statistical comparisons after 3 weeks.

its absolute miracle, i think you're 100% right for the first time in history maybe. defenses that mostly close resemble denver defense atm via ypp and coverage?: 2013 seattle 2000 ravens 2002 bucs 85 bears....pretty good company. disagree about blowout, could easily see packers winning but in grand scheme of things denver is best team in league atm
where the fuck where you blowhards when this was posted?

Y'all need to just lay off the sour grapes, jesus h. christ.

Would you prefer if I said "The Patriots Offense looks really fucking good this season" without any context? Or would you prefer I bow and acquiesce to your whims and decry all season how bad the Patriots defense is and wail and complain or stay properly humble (read: apparently fucking silent) as a fan of a goddamn team.

TheValkyries

This thread brought to you by FanDuel. FanDuel will match your first deposit up to $100 dollars! It's a new league every week.

FanDuel! Entry Code: FootballAds

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Get off your fucking patriots fan hating high horses and realize that I didn't say anything qualitative or comparative beyond "looking" similar.

It's a statistical fact that they are outpacing 2007 but I didn't mention it because it doesn't mean anything nor did I say I thought that I even thought that trend would continue (because I didn't fucking mention it).

Meanwhile: In the realm of people who made actual fucking statistical comparisons after 3 weeks.

where the fuck where you blowhards when this was posted?

Y'all need to just lay off the sour grapes, jesus h. christ.

Would you prefer if I said "The Patriots Offense looks really fucking good this season" without any context? Or would you prefer I bow and acquiesce to your whims and decry all season how bad the Patriots defense is and wail and complain or stay properly humble (read: apparently fucking silent) as a fan of a goddamn team.
>goes on a profanity-laden tirade
>tells us to lay off the sour grapes

I said it was too early to make those kinds of comparisons, I said nothing about hating the Patriots. Regardless, your incessant need to brag gets old real quick. We all get that you're a happy Patriots fan and that your team just won the Super Bowl and that they have been the best team since 2000. Please try to be less insufferable from now on.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Yes, New England has a history of beating us with shitty ass backs such as Blount but I have my reasons to be optimistic. #GoColts!
Your reasons certainly are about as probable as the Jags winning the division after week 2 when they were 1st in the south. Take that as you may.

TheValkyries

>goes on a profanity-laden tirade
>tells us to lay off the sour grapes

I said it was too early to make those kinds of comparisons, I said nothing about hating the Patriots. Regardless, your incessant need to brag gets old real quick. We all get that you're a happy Patriots fan and that your team just won the Super Bowl and that they have been the best team since 2000. Please try to be less insufferable from now on.
I didn't say anything about you hating the Patriots either. And weird, it's almost like I read what you said about making unjust comparisons, and directly responded by pointing out the hypocrisy of singling out my post, and also pointing out how my comparisons were not even substantive.

It's almost as if I know that 3 games isn't enough to make comparisons:

I wouldn't use 3 games as a sample size for comparisons to other iconic teams just yet.

But yes, sorry that I "brag" so much when I have made 3 total posts talking up the Patriots team this season in this thread.

Here, I'll step up my insufferable bragging game:

I predict the Patriots are going 38-0 this season and the next winning 3 super bowls in a row and completing two undefeated seasons and every year they'll crack open a bottle of mercury morris's tears after having done so. Brady will retire and in 3 days ascend to heaven to scold god for sitting on his throne. Belichik, secretly a strategist of the great Genghis Khan who has been punished with immortality, will once again fade into history, only to come back centuries later and complete his pennance by sacrificing himself in the 4th great galactic war to bring peace to the hotbed of geopolitical strife in the Horsehead Nebula. Gronkowski will be outed as actually being Frankenstein's monster, and will turn the scandal into fame and become a world tour speaker for alternative life form rights, pioneering the first A.I.-Human Contract, and making first contact with the secret dolphin civilizations and brokering the peace treaty and reparations for human enslavement of dolphin kind.

Last edited:
I will forever use this to haunt the Patriots' fans out here :^)
Your reasons certainly are about as probable as the Jags winning the division after week 2 when they were 1st in the south. Take that as you may.
I'm sorry that I have faith in one of the winningest(minus postseason) teams in the current era. Jags are on the rise but they cannot contend for a division title ,let alone the Super Bowl, at the moment. Can they? Sure. But that's going to need years of building and developing. Colts already have the pieces that the Jags need. Only problem is that Andrew Luck has been playing like 2014 Andy Dalton. Meanwhile, 2015 Andy Dalton is playing like 2014 Andrew Luck.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Belichik, secretly a strategist of the great Genghis Khan who has been punished with immortality, will once again fade into history, only to come back centuries later and complete his pennance by sacrificing himself in the 4th great galactic war to bring peace to the hotbed of geopolitical strife in the Horsehead Nebula. Gronkowski will be outed as actually being Frankenstein's monster, and will turn the scandal into fame and become a world tour speaker for alternative life form rights, pioneering the first A.I.-Human Contract, and making first contact with the secret dolphin civilizations and brokering the peace treaty and reparations for human enslavement of dolphin kind.
Is this gonna be the plot for Mass Effect 4?

The only impressive thing about the Patriots is Gronkowski. The guy is playing at a level where he can only be stopped by the fact that he can't possibly make every catch every game. If a team shuts him down at this point, it'll be more through Gronk just having a bad day more than what the other team did. Not even Julio is playing at his level this season. Other than Gronk the Pats are an extremely weak team and aren't in the least bit threatening to me. Gronk will beat you every week, just make sure your team beats the 21 other mediocre players on the Pats team.

The only impressive thing about the Patriots is Gronkowski. The guy is playing at a level where he can only be stopped by the fact that he can't possibly make every catch every game. If a team shuts him down at this point, it'll be more through Gronk just having a bad day more than what the other team did. Not even Julio is playing at his level this season. Other than Gronk the Pats are an extremely weak team and aren't in the least bit threatening to me. Gronk will beat you every week, just make sure your team beats the 21 other mediocre players on the Pats team.
That moment when the Giants fan is talking up mediocrity on someone else's team LOL

EDIT: Nice 600th post :]

I don't even know what a catch is anymore

leaving the rule at "football move" and clearly defining what a football move is would have been 10000x more preferable, more fair, and more clear. I don't understand how the ground can't cause a fumble, but by golly you'd better have completed that catch before you hit the ground! these calls certainly don't feel any better than last year.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Players injured for/during the Ravens game

WR Steve Smith Sr.
WR Michael Campanaro
WR Darren Waller
WR Breshad Perriman
CB Lardarius Webb
CB Kyle Arrington
CB Rashaan Melvin
CB Will Davis
S Matt Elam
TE Dennis Pitta
TE Crockett Gillmore
T Eugene Monroe
RB Lorenzo Taliaferro
RB Justin Forsett
DE Chris Canty
OLB Terrell Suggs
OLB Elvis Dumervil

If our injured players scrimmaged against our active roster, they'd shit on them. This is some 2014 Texas Rangers level shit (Rangers fan too, hence the weird cross sport reference) we're experiencing. Having said that, no amount of injuries can excuse the steaming pile of shit we unleashed today. I hope we get a top 3 pick, draft some actual talent at WR and CB, get healthy and rebound to make the playoffs next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)