The Everything NFL Thread - 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were almost on the route to lose in OT. Can't believe that shit was happening.

Denver's offense was the only reason they lost. The penalties and bad drives early. Easy to say since it literally came to that last play after a 19 point deficit. Congrats on the win, hahahahahaha.

Now Raiders sitting up top the division alone on lose count.

Killah Care to provide examples? Rivers is the only one I can think of and I'm not sure his weapons weren't better last year. perhaps Brady for a few years but hes the goat and the coaching differential with the scheme is very large.
Brees for every year until maybe this year and Brady for every year since Moss left basically.

Rodgers is in the top class of quarterbacks, there isn't really any reason to compare him to Rivers or Roethlisberger or Ryan. Rodgers is still closer to PFM in the amount of WR talent that surrounded him, but as that talent has dropped to "average" Rodgers has dropped from "nearly impossibly good" to "great but not GOAT." Brees performed for years with his #1 being a 7th rounder with average physical ability (Colston) and a bunch of guys that have washed up on any other team they've been on (Moore, Meachem, Stills). I shouldn't have to mention the Patriots' woes at WR outside of Edelman, but Devante Adams would almost certainly have started on the outside for them for the last couple years. Last year was a wash because Cobb is no WR1, but the Packers options are indeed above average regardless of whether or not they are as good as they were in Rodgers' glory days, and thus not really a valid excuse at pinning just about any of Rodgers' woes on.

The playcalling has been weird, I've thought as much watching the games myself. I was under the impression that Rodgers had a lot more control over the playcalls than he might possess, but even little things like run/pass balance and repeating routes have seemed off. I remember one drive during Sunday night's game where they ran it twice for ~25 yards on the first two plays of the drive, then passed 6-8 times in a row and the drive ended in an interception. Maybe it's unfair, but part of me wants to pin at least some of that on Rodgers' desire to do everything himself. It could easily be the coaches' fault!

As for the fumble rule: I like the rule fuk the haters. It's like the holding in the end zone as safety rule I like all those strange silly frayed edges of the rules. It's got charm. Also fuck the Ravens so it double works out.
Literally this. It's one of the greatest rules in the NFL and gives the defense an actual chance when someone's going in for an uncontested score. It's the greatest fucking feeling (also one of the worst) to be on the side of the team who causes that fumble and just makes the game that much more fun. Just last week in CFB, Texas A&M was going for a play that would put them up 2 TDs with 2 minutes left, but the Tennessee defense kept playing and knocked the ball out of the guy's hands in order to save the game and give the offense a chance. Why would anyone want to get rid of something that ~FUN~?

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Fun and Interactive like

Holding in the endzone is weird too. Why isn't the ball just placed at the 1? When the defense commits a penalty in their own endzone, the offense isn't given a free touchdown. Why is the defense given a reverse touchdown when the offense commits a penalty in their own endzone?

The Bengals are the dirtiest team to ever exist, they always do some extra shit after every play. Thank god the pats only play them once every few years.

Also Tom Brady is still the NFL's best QB at 39 and everyone should worship him accordingly.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
mfw jay ajayi has to have his breakout game sitting on my bench in both fantasy leegs while I have Cro scoring like 4 points for me in Smogon League

mfw literally jay ajayi balls all over the lolstoolers; aside, lol getting trucked by DHB en route to a 60-yard rushing TD

mfw Mike Tomlin is 1-11 on the road against teams with sub-.200 winning percentage (so I hear anyway, if a resident lolstoolers fan wants to do the work to confirm)

mfw coby fleener has as many rushing TDs on the year as mark ingram

Unrelated note, what happened to the Lolions that their D went from elite to getting shredded by Case Keenum in a couple years?

Last edited:

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hoping Ben's surgery doesn't require extended off time. Really tired of every season getting short circuited by big injuries when we should be in the super bowl with that roster

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hoping Ben's surgery doesn't require extended off time. Really tired of every season getting short circuited by big injuries when we should be in the super bowl with that roster
I don't think we are a Superbowl level roster this year even when fully healthy, but I definitely know how you feel with injuries. They just don't seem to stop for us.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
i just find deflategate posts really funny at this point ngl.

shoutout to the jaguars for the most undeserved win ever. can't wait to get blown to bits by the raiders at home next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)