The Everything NFL Thread - 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So I said a bunch of stuff earlier about the Packers offense. But watching yesterday, Rodgers definitely looked like the problem to me. Needs to go back to fundamentals

Also who else watched Giants vs Ravens? I'm a giants fan so I can't put bias aside totally but I really can't wrap my head around the late game PI against Rodgers Cromartie. I didn't see any evidence that he was impeding the path, it didnt look like he slowed down or pushed the guy just ran the route for him

yo that was dpi

still happy that it takes seattle comin off a bye, julio deflecting a routine pass into earl thomas's hands, and a blown dpi call for the birds to lose tho.

Ben has defied the odds a lot, so hopefully he is back for that Cowboys game(assuming he misses through the Baltimore game). We will be getting much, much healthier very soon. Until Ben comes back its time for Bell to put this offense on his back and open up options for Landry Jones. Literally only way we have any chance(still would be slim af lol) of beating the Pats would be if Bell somehow has a monster game and Landry gets opportunities that way. Also, we need Shazier to hopefully help with Marty and Gronk, but you can bet Edelman will have one hell of a day out of the slot, and to boot Blount will set the world on fire. Just being optimistic that we don't suffer any serious injuries in this pats game and we come out of the bye a refreshed and hungry team ready to pounce on the Ravens.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Eh I was worried about the pats game even before Ben got injured. Historically tom brady has our number, and we're also missing several key defensive players (Heyward, shazier, dupree, possibly Mitchell). Heyward I think is understated as he was the main reason we were able to get pressure on qbs in the first several weeks. The loss in Miami was partially brought on by this, so I expect to continue struggling with it against new England. If we lose on Sunday, it won't be just because of Landry Jones. We'll see though, you never know in this league

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yeah but you wont see any middle aged white person posting on fb about how much of a douche he is

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I think employers need to fucking stay out of being moral guardians regarding their employees anyway and simply worry about whether or not they're doing their jobs.

free ray rice

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
I think employers need to fucking stay out of being moral guardians regarding their employees anyway and simply worry about whether or not they're doing their jobs.

free ray rice
That's the problem though; it's a lot harder to brand with Ray Rice as your cover compared to...anybody who's not noteworthy of a crime. On the flipside, this is the NFL, so balancing negative publicity with ratings actually going down is tough to say.

2016:

2014:

The guys a complete Hypocrite
This is missing important information. Like xJownage said, we need a timetable. The Giants' owner could've been told as late as a few weeks before the report for all we know so you shouldn't call him a hypocrite. I know you hate the Giants cause they stole 2 rings from Brady and Bill but, objectively, you're innocent until proven guilty.

This is missing important information. Like xJownage said, we need a timetable. The Giants' owner could've been told as late as a few weeks before the report for all we know so you shouldn't call him a hypocrite. I know you hate the Giants cause they stole 2 rings from Brady and Bill but, objectively, you're innocent until proven guilty.
Its more the fact that i hate Goodell and the NFL's arbitrary justice system. A league that cares more about celebrations and air pressure than serial abusers is a league that needs some series changes.

If you wanna know more you can read here. Article states that the Giants + NFL knew about his history and that his wife had to be separated from him at the Pro Bowl in 2016.

They re-signed him about 2 months later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)