The Everything NFL Thread - 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
not a catch if dez's wasn't a catch fuck you refs

nevermind the bullshit PI on the previous drive that set them up for the first FG where rodgers just blindly heaved it downfield 15 yards over his nearest receiver's head and got picked off

ZoroDark

esse quam videri
is a Tiering Contributor
as crushing as this loss is, i'm glad that at least dak played well and i don't have to think "what if they put romo" for the entire offseason

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So exactly what is Davis supposed to do there, just let him catch it? He turned his shoulder in and went low, but the wr was already less than 2 feet from the ground. I'm all for player safety but the db literally cannot do anything there. His choices are a penalty or just letting him catch it uncontested.

So exactly what is Davis supposed to do there, just let him catch it? He turned his shoulder in and went low, but the wr was already less than 2 feet from the ground. I'm all for player safety but the db literally cannot do anything there. His choices are a penalty or just letting him catch it uncontested.
I would have to see it again, but it looked like it was clearly helmet to helmet.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
3/4 on my picks this week. I'll be honest with you, I didn't actually see KC beating the Patriots (I had to go for the upset special like I do every year), but I thought for sure they'd get past the Steelers with how bipolar they can be on a week to week basis. Now once again, I have to watch two of the teams I like least square off for the AFC title. Rooting for the Patriots though, because fuck Pittsburgh.

The NFC championship game is way more likeable imo.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
His choices are a penalty or just letting him catch it uncontested.
Don't know the play but it sounds like the db got beat by the receiver or the throw or both.

Like put that sentence in any other context.

"His choices are a holding penalty or just letting his guy go by uncontested"

"His choices are throwing an intentional grounding or just taking the sack"

Like if the only play you can make is a penalty usually the answer is don't commit the penalty. If the penalty is for player safety then definitely don't do it what the hell are you trying to do?

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
not a catch if dez's wasn't a catch fuck you refs

nevermind the bullshit PI on the previous drive that set them up for the first FG where rodgers just blindly heaved it downfield 15 yards over his nearest receiver's head and got picked off
did you just try to say cook's catch wasn't a catch? at least make the comparison instead of just saying it as if its common knowledge.

>calling that a bullshit PI are you fucking retarded?

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The play in question was called against the safety actually, who had to come over at the last second to bail out the cb who had gotten beaten. The wr had the ball in his hands and was falling backward on his way to the ground when the safety came in with his shoulder and struck the wr's helmet. By rule the penalty was called correctly, but in that instance due to the position of the wr he isn't afforded an opportunity to make a play on the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)